• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: USF2 proved to be a smash hit

Still can't transfer your English Generations save over to the JP version of either the 3DS or Switch versions of XX. For a lot of us, restarting is a pain, and I know none of my friends will be importing aside from me (maybe I can get one). But i'm not supporting Capcom US releases anymore because of the situation surrounding XX as well.

Not my loss if I wasn't going to get the game anyways.

Yea, I understand that. I have a CFW 3DS so I played Gen until HR2 or 3 then converted my save to X so I can get a fresh start without doing all the annoying beginning shit, then transferred to XX on 3DS. I could play with the English patch but I'm trying to get the hang of playing it in Japanese since that's what I would be doing on Switch. I'm just sick of playing on 3DS. Plus I'll also gave the Dauntless Founder's and closed Alpha.

So what you're saying is you're not going to jump in on an entirely new generation just because you're not getting an English version of an already released spin-off you can easily import through the eShop?

I'm not buying MH:W because the games require way too much time investment and I clearly can't trust Capcom to not be shit with the franchise. I'm not paying full price to start MHX from scratch again in a language I can't understand. Fuck that

Whatever. It's your money.

Duh.

The way I see it, Japan and importers eat up XX, World sells at least a million in the West, Capcom notices both Japan and West have a lot of Switch owners and boom. Monster Hunter 6th Gen on PS/XB/SW/PC. Maybe even a Monster Hunter Portable 5th world wide for Switch only until 6th gen. I'm getting XX but I'd much rather have 5th gen on Switch. I think that's inevitable at this point. If World does well, then Capcom has to benefit both markets because they're a company. You know what companies like? Money.

I dont really give a shit what Capcom wants. Capcom can give me a product I actually want now then we can talk about what ifs down the line.

nded

Hyper SFA and Hyper SFIII with all stages from all versions of each game available, music customization and version select please.

marmoka

Banned
I hope they bring new games as well and not retro collections only or one-year-old game ports.

And making for switch the only portable version of monster Hunter world would be a success as well, at least in japan

Well hopefully Resident evil shows up. I assume it will.

It might be a good opportunity to make a new Operation Raccoon City or RE Online. This would also have to be on Ps4/Xbone.

-or- Dead Rising online with players all in the same town.

Dragons Dogma may be a good game for Switch as well.

I also hope Monster Hunter comes to Switch worldwide. Not just Japan.

shaowebb

Gives us switch arcade ports of stuff next that never got console releases. That and a vampire savior with everything in it. Have to jump so much to play the full roster of that series considering how spread out the cast became with title exclusive rosters.

Cepheus

SF5 sold 1.4 million in a similar time frame, but this was probably a typical GAF drive by post, so...I doubt accuracy was much of a concern. Probably won't even see this.

Never mind the fact that SF5 is still selling.

It wasn't a driveby post. SF5 is still selling, but it's kind of stagnated.

Fiendcode

SF5 sold 1.4 million in a similar time frame, but this was probably a typical GAF drive by post, so...I doubt accuracy was much of a concern. Probably won't even see this.

Never mind the fact that SF5 is still selling.
In the spirit of accuracy, 6 weeks isn't a similar time frame to 2 weeks.

Wasn't the PS4 version of Street Fighter V at like 1.6 million sales in May?

What is their qualification of Smash hit here?

Could this actually outsell that?

It costed almost nothing. 3 people portet MT Framework and probably with it this game in a few months. They earned good money with this so they see it as success. And it is.

@test: I don't think SF2 was a test for anything, Capcom already said they want to bring AAA games to switch and they will, if the console doesn't crash. But it probably helps Capcoms decision to bring more ports of older games too, it's quick money.

Resident Evil 7 on Switch would be cool, but can it even run its title screen?

Capcom said they want to port the "new" Resi Engine to Switch, so probably yes. That doesn't mean they will bring Resi 7, the engine will be used for future games too. But it's Capcom, they probably will port Resi 7 if they are able to port the engine.

Kovacs

I'd like to see a comparison in sales numbers to a similarly overpriced, slim package that is effectively the same as an old release on 360 with one new mode thrown in at the same point next year.

Let's face it. It's SFII so we knew it would play well, but they've only gotten away with that pricing as the eshop was a desert when it released.

nded

I know it probably wouldn't sell as well, but Darkstalkers getting a similar new revision would be very cool. They can even add Ruby Heart and Amingo to the roster as "new" characters. Ghost pirate and plant monster fit the theme to a tee. Maybe SonSon too, while they're at it.

radcliff

I would love it if Capcom added some display options like scanlines and the ability to adjust the screen size in classic graphics mode (the borders at the top and bottom of the screen seem pointless) like in Namco Museum.

Kebiinu

Banned
Capcom is such a joke, I was almost hoping this test would bomb so they couldn't get away with this type of shit...

NeonZ

Ultra Street Fighter Alpha 3 DS (Darkstalkers) - All characters from Alpha 3 up to the Ingrid + some added guest Darkstalkers through the power of recycled assets!

Capcom Arcade Classics collection would be cool.

Still miffed that Captain Commando and AVP never got a home port.

AVP would be really nice. However this is a task Capcom can't do. Sega owns the rights to the IP right now if I remember correctly.

Capcom is such a joke, I was almost hoping this test would bomb so they couldn't get away with this type of shit...
I agree sort of, but then I want Capcom games on Switch.

ggx2ac

Sales of each region:

Q: I would like to ask the number of Ultra Street Fighter II The Final Challengers (Ultra Street Fighter II) sold by region.

A: It is 100,000 in Japan and 350,000 in Europe and the United States.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/data/explanation.html

Q: In response to sales results of "Ultra Street Fighter II", I would like to ask about the policy for responding to Nintendo Switch in the future.

A: The Nintendo Switch is very strong and I expect it to spread in the future. We are considering future response including "Monster Hunter Double Cross Nintendo Switch Ver." Planned to be introduced in August.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Expectation:
Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil Remake

Resident Evil 7

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Please Capcom.

Reality:
Lets now port this game along with other SF games for other platforms and screw the Switch

Dreanmirc

Neo Member
Enough with ports, PORTCOM...

In my dreams a Megamanvania (hire the Guacamelle studio!) , Power Stone World (with other playable Capcom characters) and Devil May Cry ZERO or Onimusha ZERO are perfect fits for Switch...

And let's use these CPS2 sprites again with a cheap, but fun Street Fighter Zero VS Darkstalkers, with KOF pack from CvsS as DLC!

Top Bottom