• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capybara, Grumpyface, & Wake Robin making Steven Universe and/or OK K.O. games? (PAX)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This appeared on the PAX East schedule.

Capybara is the most famous of these studios having made Critter Crunch, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, Super Time Force, Don't Starve: Shipwrecked, and the upcoming Below.

Grumpyface makes a bunch of Cartoon Network games like Steven Universe: Attack the Light and Teen Titans.

Wake Robin Games is relatively new.

PAX East said:
Cartoon Network: Going Indie With Steven Universe & OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes

Get a first look at the new Steven Universe and OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes adventures coming soon from Cartoon Network! Join the CN Games team and developers Capybara Games, Grumpyface Studios, and Wake Robin Games to learn how these inventive indies are working with the creators of some of your favorite Cartoon Network shows to bring these unique worlds to life in new and exciting ways. We'll also chat about Cartoon Network's first-ever Game Jam and what you can expect from the future from CN Games.

PANELISTS:
Chris Waldron [VP of Digital, Cartoon Network], Ryan Harwell [Director of Digital Development, Cartoon Network], Dan Vader [Lead Writer and Designer, Capybara Games], Chris Graham [Creative Director and Founder, Grumpyface Studios], Conley Smith [Illustrator, Wake Robin Games]
Source: http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/pa...ie-with-steven-universe-ok-k.o.-lets-be-heroe

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
My mind would explode with Steven Universe game made by Capy. Holy shit. This is something I didn't know I wanted. EDIT: Also, where the heck is Below, Capy?

kadotsu

Banned
I hope it is something turn based. Real time action would probably be infeasible or be too limited in the animation department.

I hope it is something turn based. Real time action would probably be infeasible or be too limited in the animation department.
That attack the light game for Steven Universe would be a good base to start from.

If it were real-time, it'd have to be a Platinum-esque experience with Metal Gear Rising-like boss battle songs with lyrics that kick in when things heat up (i.e. Garnet's song)

LewieP

Attack The Light is pretty great. It's kind of a more minimalist (ie it's just dungeons and an overword map) take on a Mario RPG style game.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I'm going to be part of this panel! First time ever doing it... ack!

Cannot WAIT for the reactions to what we'll be showing :)

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Is this going to be livestreamed out of curiosity?

I don't believe so, sadly. CN will have a videographer and will likely upload the footage at some point, though not sure when.

Some of the stuff we're showing will be online this weekend, though

I don't believe so, sadly. CN will have a videographer and will likely upload the footage at some point, though not sure when.

Some of the stuff we're showing will be online this weekend, though

Is there a youtube channel we can expect the footage to be uploaded to?

Jofamo

I'm going to be part of this panel! First time ever doing it... ack!

Cannot WAIT for the reactions to what we'll be showing :)

I'm excited! Are you able to share what platforms you're targeting, or is that part of the reveal? I'm wondering if this is console or mobile based.

Top Bottom