• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBoaT Rumourathon 3000: Titanfall 720p, party system nonsense, still alpha textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
The buttocks are back, and he posted twice in the "UK Xbone price drop thread":
chck pls mmh mm

I heop the ptry chat is fixd BY thn.
awhat would you say if titynfal had its own sepreat e partychat.?
tha d wasa iNN hthe TF sotware and dint utzlie LIve at al?
that ws a hug vilation of xer guindelines? but MS grantd e waver czu so mch is riding o tf and propser SDKs wernt ready (n stil aren't)?
so if you er in a xblieve party of 4 and go to plays tiatnfal s a party.....lcuanch th game, tnetnter proviate lobby and yoru live party disapers?
Game putz you in searpate party bysystem instead?

fix this shit guerila
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102134603&postcount=695
720 as wel , 792? no.

stick in toMy gun s on alpha texture POSTi mad be4, btway
s
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102134903&postcount=702

tl;dr edition:
  • If the Live SDK isn't up to snuff by launch, Respawn may roll their own Party system for the game, a la PS3 games.
  • Predicting a final resolution of 720p.
  • Standing by his rumour that the alpha textures were final.

Delusibeta's personal opinion: I can buy the 720p rumour, the res increase was at best a token gesture and doesn't mean much. I doubt Respawn will get anywhere close to 900p. I also will be entirely unsurprised if Respawn has an own-brand party system on standby for the Xbone version, since they made their own-brand party system for the PC version. The big question is the textures. I'm going to park my chips on "no" for that one, since I'll admit the textures were better in the beta. However, we shall see: if CBoaT turns out to be right on that count, there's going to be an asstorm.

[update #1] Insider wars!
And FWIW, I was just told that 792p is the minimum it will be.
I think cboat is just wrong about this one. We shall see soon enough, I guess.

Argyle

Interesting if they are rolling their own party system, this is exactly what Insomniac had to do with Resistance on PS3 since the PS3 basically launched with almost no online functionality (you could see your friends were online but not much else IIRC)...

Horp

Don't care. Gameplay and framerate are king.

"Don't care" as in "I still think Titanfall is awesome" or "I don't care that the Xbone seems to have problems with coping with a game that a PC cheaper than an Xbone can play at higher resolution"?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How can he be right about the textures- weren't the beta ones better?

Yes,but performance seemed patchy. So maybe they have to cut back to get a solid 60fps? The high res ones may have been from the PC version, and they used them in the beta as a test?

lmbotiva

titanfall has never been about the graphics, is just a fun game and im not even buying it, it should be free to play, 60 dollars for a MP only game is a ripoff

hornetpie

Neo Member
so if you er in a xblieve party of 4 and go to plays tiatnfal s a party.....lcuanch th game, tnetnter proviate lobby and yoru live party disapers?

that sounds absolutely farked :eek:

Ape

Banned
How can he be right about the textures- weren't the beta ones better?

What's being implied - The Xbone can't handle the game with the beta textures and 792p at a high frame rate and they need to cut back to keep 60fps.

Sorry but I think that I'll go with the devs on this one.

You don't need to add the sources, they are in the OP. If you hit the arrow to the right of the poster's name it takes you directly to the original post. Just in case you didn't know that already.

danwarb

"Standing by his rumour that the alpha textures were final."

This can be dismissed as nonsense, concerning the XBone version at least. They have higher quality textures and there's no technical reason for them not to be included in the final game.

I also doubt they'd reduce the resolution from the beta, it played well enough.

"Don't care" as in "I still think Titanfall is awesome" or "I don't care that the Xbone seems to have problems with coping with a game that a PC cheaper than an Xbone can play at higher resolution"?
If that's your response to a simply put post, well, I just think your motives are silly and didn't require you to quote anyone. It's like you can't cope with the idea that someone might think differently than you.

What's being implied - The Xbone can't handle the game with the beta textures and 792p at a high frame rate and they need to cut back to keep 60fps.

Sorry but I think that I'll go with the devs on this one.

To be fair: that was true, the frame rate took a noticeable hit in the beta, especially inside of a Titan. If Respawn are going to lock the 60FPS, they're going to have to either optimise a bunch or make some cuts, and resolution and texture quality are two such options for said cuts.

Horp

If that's your response to a simply put post, well, I just think your motives are silly and didn't require you to quote anyone. It's like you can't cope with the idea that someone might think differently than you.

Jesus christ, it was a legitimate question. I think there's a clear destinction between the two "dont care":s. But oohhh sorry I said something potentially negative about your favorite game/console.

He was wrong about the textures like 10 minutes after he said them by the respawn twitter page. I have no reason to believe a word he says about this game

FStop7

Banned
Watching the beta in streams, the textures looked fine to me. But like I said, that was a compressed Twitch stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom