• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cel-Shaded Brawler Transformers Devastation Leaked

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why are people saying this is a platinum game?

Art style reminds me of some of the gorgeous Studio OX illustrations for G1:

5ae10af590.jpg

6fe4e48a07.jpg

1ebd1d75d9.jpg

01a2ecc83d.jpg

4ffe9417f1.jpg

Stylized Transformers looked damn good in motion too.

I'm ready.
Didn't those guys animate one episode of the G1 cartoon in season 3? I remember there being a solitary episode where all the characters looked much more 'anime' than usual.

Archpath1

Guys itll be hard to believe this will be exclusive
Cmon its Activision. They love money.

But damn this looks like alot of fun

eFKac

why are people saying this is a platinum game?

Everything points to it.

Seems like a brawler/action game - Platinum turf.
We know Platinum is going to debut a game this E3, not during any conference.
Transformers is an Activision property, worked with Platinum before on LoK.
Looks low budget like Korra, also doesn't look good enough to be shown during a press conference.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fair enough. guess its another budget release like Korra then, which, as a long time huge G1 fan, makes me sad. I wouldnt expect "BRO DEVASTATOR FIGHT LIKE METAL GEAR REX IN RISING" from this if its like Korra >_>

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Reskin of Anarchy Reigns would be a good fit for this gametype.

No Scalebound footage, this potentially being the new game, push that Platinum Game hype way back down.

Takao

Banned
hmm, i wonder if this leaked though xbox.com
screenshots are the same res as the usual size there
same with the box shot (though it looks like the platform part has been cropped off?)

UrbanRats

Hope this isn't Platinum's game.
First of all, it'd probably be a cheap cash in like Korra was.
Second of all, i can't stand Transformers.

Ushiwaka

Damnit...

With the new MGSV trailer on the same day as the PG announcement, I thought MGR2 was a sure thing :( I hope this isn't that PG announcement.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
At least I avoided the live disappointment if this is from Platinum Games (and practically everything points at this).

Good for Transformers fans I guess (although The Legend of Korra game suggest anything but confidence in the game's quality).

Novocaine

I don't even care if the gameplay is shit, will buy just for the art style.

Judging by the fact Prime has his hand transformed into an axe tells me whoever is behind it knows at least a little about the OG Transformers rather than just imitating art.

I wonder if Activision put High Moon back on Transformers, they crushed it with the two Cybertron games.

Very interested in this.

Can't stop drooling at the thought of a Platinum-engineered Optimus Prime vs. Megatron bossfight.

I'm not a superfan of P*, though I do enjoy some of their stuff. But I reckon they could pull off a kick ass Unicron fight where you're climbing all over him and hacking the shit out different parts of his body.

Boogdud

Whoever is making this, the visuals look really great. Hopefully the animation and gameplay matches as well.

It looks absolutely amazing. This could be the G1'ish I've been waiting for. These screens are amazing.

(I can only hope for a companion series)

Handy Fake

ZOMG.
ZOMG.
ZOMG.
ZOMG.
ZOMG.
ZOMG.
ZOMG.
ZOMG.
ZOMG.
ZOMG.

G1 as well.

This looks bloody great. And I too shall be blasting the soundtrack from Transformers the 1986 Animated Movie all over this.

In fact, that should have it as an alternative soundtrack. I want to take on Megatron while Stan Bush sings "You got the Touch! You got the Powerrr!" at me.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's not using the crappy Bayformers art! Holy shit this is good!

I hope it comes to the PC, will get!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I feel like the negativity behind the Korra game is misplaced.

It's one of the best in gameplay and graphic representations of the shows style and concepts possible, and probably much better than generally expected for a game that released at it's meager price. Is it the AAA mega-awesome Gears or Uncharted level tour-de-force we might have desired? No, but the fact it exist, and has some solid moments is fantastic enough for me, and helps open roads towards an established set of created resources, concepts, and design implementation that could be used in a bigger budget followup.

... That's the same way I feel about seeing this G1 game. WHY IN THE WORLD ARE THEY SPENDING THIS MUCH MONEY on an 80s brand-based design and games anyway? If this "b tier" development leads to me getting something that looks this solid and nuanced already (love Axe-armed Prime, and even the mook designs look like they'd perfectly fit on the boxes / promos of the old toys), then BRING ON THE LOWER BUDGET, SLIGHTLY UNPOLSHED FAN-FEST!

They'll just get better budgets and more cost-lowering presets in each iteration, as long as they can keep making them to some moderate success.

The industry could actually use more of these. I'd much rather get some inexpensive games with some warts served alongside detail hungry passion, than see one big-budget flop leads to studios dropping like flies.

So far from this pre-E3, I've already seen 80's He-Man, GI Joe, and Transformers all getting modern-hardware representation in new games. I'm totally in love with this trend. CONTINUE ON! No nit-picking and nay-saying can diminish the smile beamed upon seeing these announcements / leaks.

Now if only Japan would jump on this fledgling bandwagon... Where's my Lodoss War, Bubblegum Crisis and Macross passion projects?

Graphically looks superb. I think this has the Gundam problem for me that I don't lime it when. The huge robots are fighting and moving super fluidly. It always bothered me in the Gundam PS2 games. Felt there were missing the point. This looks kind of similar.

Anyway I'm glad for people who love original Transformers. I grew up with Beast Wars (fucking amazing) and as such have had no interest in the vehicle stuff. It's weird as a bunch of vehicle Transformers cartoons came out right when I aged out. Hated them because there were children as friends.

Tsunamo

My lord this looks good, feels like awhile since i've been interested in a Transformers game.

Can not wait if it's made by Platinum Games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Graphically looks superb. I think this has the Gundam problem for me that I don't lime it when. The huge robots are fighting and moving super fluidly. It always bothered me in the Gundam PS2 games. Felt there were missing the point. This looks kind of similar.

Anyway I'm glad for people who love original Transformers. I grew up with Beast Wars (fucking amazing) and as such have had no interest in the vehicle stuff. It's weird as a bunch of vehicle Transformers cartoons came out right when I aged out. Hated them because there were children as friends.

Oh don't worry, I'm also a BW fan and consider it the superior TF product, I'm just glad we aren't seeing trashy Bayformer design.

Top Bottom