• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cel-Shaded Brawler Transformers Devastation Leaked

Anung

Un Rama
A Transformers fighting game by Platinum is absolutely something I can get super hyped for.

I mean I'd be more exited for Vanquish 2, MGR2, W102 or whatever but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a G1 Plat fighting game.

Hypron

Don't get overly excited guys. Remember how LoK turned out.

Now this game might end up a lot better but keep your expectations in check.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Graphically looks superb. I think this has the Gundam problem for me that I don't lime it when. The huge robots are fighting and moving super fluidly. It always bothered me in the Gundam PS2 games. Felt there were missing the point. This looks kind of similar.

Giant Robots have been moving more fluidly and human-like for years now, though. The idea of "a massive, powerful walking tank" has been overtaken by the "large, empowering extension of one's self, that moves like it's a part of me".

Older Transformers in general never really seemed to reply on the Giant Robot stuff in fights, anyway. They maneuvered around properly-sized architecture on Cybertron, and I feel like MOST of their battles on earth were always in desert-like empty areas.

It would be funny to see a Transformers game that forced you to be as considerate of your size, as say.. R.A.D. But that's a whole new ball of wax, that'd probably get in the way of the hoped for "stylish action brawl" we're expecting out of this title (if it's really Platinum)...

Memory

If this is X1 exclusive then I'm finally getting an X1, Transformers G1 is life! Hoping for a PS5 version though, I already have too many consoles lol.

Handy Fake

Whoever is making this, the visuals look really great. Hopefully the animation and gameplay matches as well.

npII5CG.jpg

Goddamn.

Devastator1.gif

KooopaKid

Banned
It's good Platinum is getting contracts but this kind of project is not really allowing them to develop their own IPs. They deserve to create a breakthrough hit other than the first Bayonetta (relatively). They shouldn't rely on Activation owning right. Same for Starfox, if they're making it.

fernoca

If it's DD-only, it won't be on Wii U.

Nintendo doesn't lower its fees for Activision on their store, MS and Sony do. Ergo, nothing (or extremely rare, in case I'm forgetting something) on the eShop.
Skylanders Trap Team, which was included as a code in the Wii version. No other console got it digitally.

The upcoming Superchargers was also announced digitally for all platforms, so it might include Wii U. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

pretty much what im thinking, people are thinking "Rising and Bayonetta" and im thinking "Korra"

What was wrong with Korra? Combat mechanics were great, the overall level design isn't that much a problem in games like this where you're going from A to B, the combat and animations would be king and those were both great in LoK.

Golnei

What was wrong with Korra? Combat mechanics were great, the overall level design isn't that much a problem in games like this where you're going from A to B, the combat and animations would be king and those were both great in LoK.

The competitive focus might make things a little more difficult - Anarchy Reigns wasn't able to fully realise its potential on a modest budget with a reasonable development cycle; going for the same thing under constraints similar to those imposed on Korra's development has a far higher chance of ending in disaster.

Yuterald

Looks nice, but if this is Plat's new game, I'd be pretty bummed out. Not really a Transformers guy. Good for them for staying afloat and signing deals if that's the case.

BY2K

Membero Americo

I felt the combat was way too stiff for my tastes. It only gets better once you unlock all moves.

It's good Platinum is getting contracts but this kind of project is not really allowing them to develop their own IPs. They deserve to create a breakthrough hit other than the first Bayonetta (relatively). They shouldn't rely on Activation owning right. Same for Starfox, if they're making it.

Platinum is my favourite developer, but their games just don't sell, and the moment they invest their own money into a game that bombs it's bye bye Platinum. I agree that it's a shame they'll probably never get to own their own IPs, but their current scheme of signing contracts with various publishers has resulted in a great, varied lineup of games that I've really enjoyed, with no need to worry about P* going the way of all those other studios over the years that gambled and failed.

Soo, we are going to see gameplay at IGN's stream and the announcement is at Geoff's thing with youtube right ? assuming this is platinum's game of course .

Dali

Looks amazing. They are probably bull shots but some of those screens look like pages of the comic. Glad to see gen 1 designs too.

Top Bottom