• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cel-Shaded Brawler Transformers Devastation Leaked

At the end of the day it's a licensed Activision game. I'm sure the artists were inspired by G1 but most people would probably not bat an eye if Optimus just goes "whoosh" and wraps up into a generic red and blue semi truck

I've never been hardcore into Transformers so I wouldn't notice something as subtle as licensed vs. unlicensed, and I'm probably not alone in that. I think the only time they'd worry about that nowadays would be a movie tie-in if there's a deal with the new Camaro or something

Also, it can be noted that there are currently licensed Masterpiece versions of Bumblebee and Sideswipe being produced with official VW and Lambo modes, so for the moment it should be easy to set up. If they really feel the need for official alt modes.

Memory

I love platinum but I'm hoping this isn't them, Korra was such a shallow and barebones game. I'm hoping this has multiple characters and different view points. Need me some skywarp and Thrust up in this game, I need me some jet action!

Ushiwaka

A reminder that Metacritic means jack shit.

Let's be honest, Korra was a half-assed game. Some animations were even the carbon copies of Bayonetta's animations. That's how low-budget the game was. Based on how Activision treats licensed games, I'm not sure if this will be any different budget-wise...

Drayco21

I love platinum but I'm hoping this isn't them, Korra was such a shallow and barebones game. I'm hoping this has multiple characters and different view points. Need me some skywarp and Thrust up in this game, I need me some jet action!

With the emphasis being on Combiners in Transformers lately, even in this game from what we've seen, I could see them wanting to highlight Silverbolt as their jet- especially if it means a level where you can play as Superion.

I really hope this is a fullsized, fully realized thing and not a barebones Korra style game.

Shin

Banned
It looks really great, looking forward to see more of it.
Cell-shaded always look so vibrant, I love it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Transformers are minuscule compared to most mecha, anyway, so they have much more of an excuse. Even Devastator would be smaller than many mobile suits, let alone any super robot! Furthermore, they're autonomous beings, which means no lag from pilot reaction / input times.

Yup. But it'd be kinda nice to see the autobots actually taking count of the fact they're harming the earth, destroying local businesses and culture, and possibly endangering lives.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"... so the autobots are free to fight in the middle of cities and such, I guess, heh.

Having such things encourage a difference in Autobot and Decepticon fighting style and tactics would be quite cool, if done right. Megatron straight blast through buildings when fighting, Prime actualy tries to save people and only take cover behind un-inhabited areas, and avoid hitting explosives, etc.

Handy Fake

With the emphasis being on Combiners in Transformers lately, even in this game from what we've seen, I could see them wanting to highlight Silverbolt as their jet- especially if it means a level where you can play as Superion.

I really hope this is a fullsized, fully realized thing and not a barebones Korra style game.

I've got Computron's head sat on the windowsill next to me.

Looks awesome.

630x.jpg
This image caught my boss' eye and he revealed that he's a big G1 fan. Holy shit.

A reminder that a strawman isnt a good way to disprove a point.

Is metacritic really a point?

It has a 6.9 in user rating too, is that a point too or is not convenient?

Not saying that Korra is the best game evar, but mentioning Metacritic and act like someone made a proper point of why a game is shit, is well...deserved of any strawman.

This image caught my boss' eye and he revealed that he's a big G1 fan. Holy shit.

everyone of a certain age is a G1 fan. shit was universal.

There was even an ultra violent NYC Gang that called itself the Decepticons. You think transformers was a joke in the 80s? THINK AGAIN

Vire

Not saying that Korra is the best game evar, but mentioning Metacritic and act like someone made a proper point of why a game is shit, is well...deserved of any strawman.

A rousing 6.9.

Agent X

The screens look spectacular! I love that they're going with the classic G1 designs (especially for old-timers like me). This could be a Transformers fan's dream come true.

Handy Fake

everyone of a certain age is a G1 fan. shit was universal.

There was even an ultra violent NYC Gang that called itself the Decepticons. You think transformers was a joke in the 80s? THINK AGAIN

The first 20 minutes of the Movie - sat with my Mother as a wide-eyed, innocent six year old expecting a joyfully colourful ride through the Transformers universe - was possibly the most harrowing experience of my formative years.

A reminder that a strawman isnt a good way to disprove a point.

For all its problems, I thought it was a better game mechanically than its MC score implies. Besides that, this isn't Korra. We don't know the budget, we don't know who's directing, we don't even know for sure it's Platinum and we sure as hell don't know how it plays.

wachie

Metacritic meaning jack shit doesnt take anything away from Korra being a shit game.

EDIT - this has already been pointed out by others.

If this is by Platinum, then this is a crushing disappointment. Everything about Korra sucked, even the combat, so I'm inclined to say that Activision and Platinum is not a good combination.

As a Transformers and (if real) Platinum fan, I am very pleased, VERY, VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY, Pleased

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Yeah, korra sucked. Like it could have been worse but It wasn't a good game aside from the sometimes combat. If it's as budget as Korra I'll pass.
Btw: I bought and completed Korra day one.

Handy Fake

"Such heroic nonsense."

Megatron was a cold blooded killer in the movie, considering he's an 80s cartoon villain

It was bastard horrendous. I remember sitting agog in the cinema while around the room you could hear sporadic outbursts of childish sobbing.
I think the only time I could even come close to that feeling of utter devastation was the time I heard my bedroom door getting closed silently by an un-named family member as I was having sex with my ex-girlfriend on the sofa.

Top Bottom