• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrities you admire that age and makes you sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boozeroony

In high school, I was a chubby little tomboy. I always dressed like Kurt Cobain, with XXX large anime shirts. Never wore makeup, always had this weird scruffy bowl hair cut. I never had a boyfriend. I never had guys look twice at me. I used those awkward years to develop a personality and my interests in art.

I'm 25 now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/nynaeve/baronessresize.jpg[IMG]

Some people just bloom late. Those girls that are cute in high school tend to burn out quickly, whether or not they have kids. [spoiler]Although I'm damn thankful I don't have any. [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Some girls just let themselves go. I had a high school reunion couple of months ago. So depressing...

I used to be awkward nerd. Never kissed a girl until I was 21. Then I got awesome and funny, hit the gym regularly and I am confident with women. Funny how things can change...

Lothar

Banned
it's probably the toll drugs, partying and alcohol have taken on her in the last decade more than a "sparkle"

There's a 9 year difference between the two pictures. How many 30 year old girls do you see that look exactly like they did when they were 21?

Britney looks great but she's not going to look the same after 9 years of aging.

PdJa1.jpg

V0pxs.jpg

Why would this make you sad? He looks exactly how Old Clint should look. I'd still buy him as a tough mofo in a film over 90% of action stars today that are 50 years younger.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Myatt Daymin

Brad Pitt

Edward Norton

George Clooney

Stephen Fry

Haley Joel Osment (you all know why)

Tom Cruise (guy looked so young right until he hit 45, then his age caught up to him)

Penelope Cruz

Julia Roberts

Catherine Zeta Jones

Natalie Portman

Heidi Klum

Charlize Theron

Most of these people still look amazing.

A few observations, no argument or anything:

-a lot of the "old" photos are really bad frank shots and a lot of the young photos are promo shots and stuff, which is misleading
-some of the people who look really bad look that way because they ruined their bodies with tons of drugs and cigarettes and alcohol. Johnny Cash was only 70 in the Hurt video, but he hit 70 hard because of all the meth and cigs and stuff. Dude looked 90. And Harrison Ford has dabbled in alcoholism and stuff.
-Met Schwarzenegger a couple weeks ago and he looks really good for his age. So he didn't train sometimes. Whatever.
-Debbie Harry was HOT.

Fritz

The fixation on youth is sickening but the cool thing is it will bite all of you in the ass and that's in like a couple of years.

Toppot

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2011/08/Jim-Carrey-Emma-Stone-Creepy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I was trying not to use that photo ='[ I wanted to compare two pictures where he has makeup so they were similar. But yeah... he looks like that now... *cries and watches Ace Ventura*

Mumei

As opposed to the celebrities you admire that don't age?

Correct.

W9Mfb.png

726a.jpg

The worst part is that his voice is almost gone. I was lucky enough to see him with the other Zeppelin members in London in 2007, and he could still hit some of the high notes. But recent performances from the last year or two are dramatically worse.
plant-hot.jpg

He had really started to lose his voice by '72, which isn't surprising what with the incredibly stressful things he was doing to his voice (singing constantly, drinking, smoking, etc.). Which isn't to say that he could no longer sing at all, but his high notes were never the same after that.

tigerin

In high school, I was a chubby little tomboy. I always dressed like Kurt Cobain, with XXX large anime shirts. Never wore makeup, always had this weird scruffy bowl hair cut. I never had a boyfriend. I never had guys look twice at me. I used those awkward years to develop a personality and my interests in art.

I'm 25 now.
baronessresize.jpg

Some people just bloom late. Those girls that are cute in high school tend to burn out quickly, whether or not they have kids.
Although I'm damn thankful I don't have any.

meh.

Yasae

Banned
Late 90s Mariah was best. 90% chance she's had work done. And she does look older regardless, though extremely good for her age (41).

Prince is black, takes excellent care of his skin, has good genetics and uses makeup. That counts for most of his ageless existence. Still amazing for 53, though.

Every one ages, but this makes me a sad as I've met him and he's a champ;

Macgyver, Jack O'Niell himself; Richard Dean Anderson.

XKSMt.jpg

:(

Oh god no, not you too, RDA. :,(

I'm pretty sure he just gained weight for a role. Something about a fat, secret agent.

Even in the last Stargate SG-1 film he was in he was looking like he put on a little and aged about 10 years. I hear rumors of some health problems/side effects.

edit:
This is him in Brazil two weeks ago, I say he's looking quite well.

MOyHe.jpg

He definitely looks better than the car pic.

I'm 25 now.
baronessresize.jpg

Some people just bloom late. Those girls that are cute in high school tend to burn out quickly, whether or not they have kids.

OMG, PM'd.

gabbo

Every one ages, but this makes me a sad as I've met him and he's a champ;

Macgyver, Jack O'Niell himself; Richard Dean Anderson.

XKSMt.jpg

:(

Oh god no, not you too, RDA. :,(

Even in the last Stargate SG-1 film he was in he was looking like he put on a little and aged about 10 years. I hear rumors of some health problems/side effects.

edit:

He definitely looks better than the car pic.

I'm going to say it's because he's raising his daughter and not actively taking on parts, so he has no need to look amazing. He just needs to hit the SGC gym a bit, and he'll be fine.
He looked a little heavier in Stargate Universe, but nothing on the level of unhealthy. The idea that MacGyver can't fix his car makes me chuckle though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. soooooooomebody wants attention!
2. The fire is gone in Britney, no doubt.
3. Speaking of Britney, how's Timberlake aging?
4. I think it's time to put Affleck and Damon and Pitt and DiCaprio on our watchlist.
5. Tom Cruise has had a lot of work done, it's noticeable, and it's terrible.
6. Val Kilmer.
7. I bet Dr. Dre is getting kinda old now.
8. Eddie Vedder?
9. Tiffani Amber Theisen and Shannon Dougherty look like absolute hell.

I'm 25 now.
baronessresize.jpg

Yeah, you're cute. But the real question is why the hell are you posting a MySpace angle pic in a "Celebrities you admire that age and makes you sad" thread?

I'm 25 now.
baronessresize.jpg

how u doin

I'm going to say it's because he's raising his daughter and not actively taking on parts, so he has no need to look amazing. He just needs to hit the SGC gym a bit, and he'll be fine.
He looked a little heavier in Stargate Universe, but nothing on the level of unhealthy.

Hopefully it's something as mundane as that. I didn't see any sources for the health rumors so they might be bunk. He honestly doesn't look too bad in the Brazil pic.

cRmf0.jpg

The fact of the matter is someday this man is going to die. I hope it's not for another ten years and he's still able to pop up here and there throughout that time, but regardless, when it does happen, not only is it going to mark the end to an incredibly interesting life and career, it will be the official end to the Golden Age of horror.

There's no Karloff, no Lugosi, no Chaney, no Cushing, no Price, and then ultimately no Lee. That's just sad.

Then there's the Ghostbusters.
MtYdY.jpg

0Oj46.jpg

orXwD.jpg

Although Ernie Hudson still looks the same...
G0mRX.jpg

Xun

The worst part is that his voice is almost gone. I was lucky enough to see him with the other Zeppelin members in London in 2007, and he could still hit some of the high notes. But recent performances from the last year or two are dramatically worse.

12462_Robert%20Plant.jpg

In his prime, this man was one of the best rock singers ever.

plant-hot.jpg
Damn you! :p

Also I don't think he sounds that much different to the reunion concert, he's just not pushing his voice as much for obvious reasons.

He had really started to lose his voice by '72, which isn't surprising what with the incredibly stressful things he was doing to his voice (singing constantly, drinking, smoking, etc.). Which isn't to say that he could no longer sing at all, but his high notes were never the same after that.
Indeed.

It also didn't help in the later years of Zep that so many effects were added to his voice.

Goldrusher

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Van Damme
Sly Stallone
Bruce Willis

Basically my action hero Gods. Seeing them age makes them seem so mortal. I grew up thinking these bad motherfuckers couldn't possibly be killed by anything. *sigh*

"What is this guy talking about ?!"

467802_332292490140932_100000805501984_868204_132442054_o.jpg

IceCold

Hopefully in 20 years or so scientists will have developed ways to halt aging that are usable on humans (we can already reverse the age of rats). Go science!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom