• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Foxconn sketch artists returns with the NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's what... a Wii U gamepad, an Ouya and an original Wii with the Gamecube ports built in? I'll wait for a mockup made in LittleBigPlanet.

It wasn't enough to flood Nintendo console owners with a bunch of different plastic controllers and peripherals. Now your console splits into several pieces too!

What the hel is the bottom drawing, a dock? Looks like the the not-gamecube hooks up to the NX console/candheld with a wire? Or Wirelessly?

So the top is showing a wireless connection so maybe the box can stream to the tablet

The next one i think is the same box from a different angle?

Who the fuck knows man

Compsiox

Banned
The handheld version can be played anywhere but if you have the console it can stream games(running on better hardware) to the handheld.

Thats my guess.

bachikarn

I still don't get how the analogue stick on the right can be directly above the ABXY buttons. Would be an ergonomic mess imo

Gale007

So it looks like you plug the first box in with an Ethernet cord (or maybe use 4g) and that box streams to the controller (if the waves coming off the box are anything to go by)?

Kimawolf

I got it!

NX handheld unit- simple HDMI out or pico projector for gaming on big screen or go at handheld screen resolution

NX Dock- allows you you run NX handheld at full chipspeeds possibly, ups resolution to 1080P

NX Dock Pro aka Supplemental computing device- adds more processing power to base NX., allows all the stuff about local cloud computing/cloud computing etc from the SCD patent.

Gives gamers choice of how they want to play their NX games, rather casual, or with more power.

Maybe AMD is doing shit for the Dock Pro aka third big box.

Im also convinced now NX will have some kind of 3G/4G connection.

Boom NX solved.

I wonder what the box at the bottom of that sketch is. I hope it's a home console.

IIts two different angles of the dock. The first one is showing that the dock can communicate with the tablet wirelessly and the second is an angle showing the dock plug where you dock the tablet into.

Kouriozan

The handheld version can be played anywhere but if you have the console it can stream games(running on better hardware) to the handheld.

Thats my guess.
1080p handheld at home (or on a TV) and 720p on the go, sounds believable with their additional computing device Nintendo patented.

_Ryo_

There's no way that if that is an accurate representation of the NX dock it is only used for upscaling the game and not for extra effects/features/better textures.

If this is really what iy looks like I'm convinced it has to be a true hybrid and that the TV out port is used only for portability's sake (ie, using your NX at a friends or family on their TV or monitor.)

So the NX is a box that transmits games to the handheld, with a connector cable for presumably TV-out? Am I reading that diagram right? Sounds like Remote Play.

Thraktor

Can anyone translate the notes?

This.

The thing on the right looks pretty much exactly like what we expect the NX to be at this stage, but the other two boxes are a bit confusing. The bottom one could be the dock, but what's the one on the left?

Edit:

IIts two different angles of the dock. The first one is showing that the dock can communicate with the tablet wirelessly and the second is an angle showing the dock plug where you dock the tablet into.

That makes more sense.

This really looks more like a DEVKIT than an actual retail unit. And this would be about the right time to start making them.

May I remind all of you what a DS devkit looked like?

tumblr_lgfjpgS2PM1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

I don't recall the DS shipping with that big box on the left. Do you?

At Foxconn, the factories for all the separate companies are kept separate and away from each other. So how can one guy know what is going on in both the Sony and Nintendo factories?

jax

Banned
Incoming mockup storm for the actual console. It it's really a cube, chances are the hardware is beefier than expected. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom