• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Foxconn sketch artists returns with the NX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another!

sMo24Zt.jpg
No beating around the bush. Yes, it's a dick and the whole family is looking at it.

tumblr_n1cm7f1MIg1qkmqj8o2_500.gif

Unveil this damn thing already. Everybody is going crazy.

maxcriden

Yeah. If the NX is a hybrid (which is incredibly likely) Nintendo will have put a lot of time and effort into making it into something that can be easily understood. They're not complete clueless idiots like some people want them to be, they know what went wrong with the Wii U and I doubt Iwata and now Kimishima would have made the same mistakes again during the conceptual phases.

Agreed, especially since IIRC Kimi-san indicated and kindly walked back that he had reservations about Wii U from the jump.

mieumieu

I would like to call it fake too but I am not very sure about it at the moment.

Basically, I don't like the idea of a performance module. I would rather have just the dock and the handheld, but the dock can provide extra heat dissipation so that the handheld can reach higher clock speed in a dock.
But the current setup is fine if I don't have to buy the performance module.

_Ryo_

I don't get why people are freaking out--this is almost exactly what has been theorized for nearly a year.

This thing is going to be sub-$250 with good software. That's their selling point here.

Who theorized that you would have to lug around a power brick to play a portable console? The description is being misinterpreted by a lot of people and theyre saying that if you carry ONLY the gamepad then you can play the same games at a lower quality, which doesn't appear to be the case. From the description it sounds like the gamepad by itself is totally useless outside of maybe a remote app or a basic card game or whatever.

I mean it says that the CPU and GPU is inside of the powerbrick for fuck sake. Not in the handheld.

It is a essentially a portable Wii U with the only difference it uses carts and the console brick is battery powered.

Think about this,to play this thing at all youd need two devices with batteries in them. Now you have to worry about charging the gamepad as well as the console to have any sort of portability.

This is a really horrible fucking idea if it's true.

I'm on #TeamReal for this one. Sounds about what I expected from Nintendo. I was excited, until I just read some posts regarding the need for the brick and not being wireless. If legit, this would be a disaster.

mieumieu

Who theorized that you would have to lug around a power brick to play a portable console? The description is being misinterpreted by a lot of people and theyre saying that if you carry ONLY the gamepad then you can play the same games at a lower quality, which doesn't appear to be the case. From the description it sounds like the gamepad by itself is totally useless outside of maybe a remote app or a basic card game or whatever.

I mean it says that the CPU and GPU is inside of the powerbrick for fuck sake. Not in the handheld.

It is a essentially a portable Wii U with the only difference it uses carts and the console brick is battery powered.

Think about this,to play this thing at all youd need two devices with batteries in them. Now you have to worry about charging the gamepad as well as the console to have any sort of portability.

No. The handheld has its own CPU/GPU/battery too, but it will be weaker.

The thing most intriguing about this is the idea that every 2 years you can just get a new performance module instead of a whole new console. That's the kind of future proof, forward thinking I like from a console.

Sadly it's Nintendo and I trust my cheating ex girlfriend more than I trust them.

Still, this is the most interested I've been in a Nintendo console since the GameCube

odhiex

So a tablet + detachable 🎮 + a Dock (mini console for a console mode)??

I'm interested...no more than $299 (for the whole package),please

I really liked the part where everyone stayed calm and didn't just go with the flow, using rational considerations why Nintendo might or might not release a device like that.

In a world where Nintendo looked at the WiiU and thought "we should release this to humans", they lost all rational credibility. The monstrosity detailed in the drawing and translations could 100% be something Nintendo could release, and is not that far off from the impracticality and plethora of bad decisions that is the WiiU console.

I'm pretty sure what the sketch is describing is exactly what has been theorized. There's a processing box that you keep at home to boost resolution/performance of NX games, and the dock is just a place to set the NX when at home/charging.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is looking fairly shaky right now. If there's anything new that gives this any credence, then make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom