• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chuck Berry has died, aged 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

MvR0wH9.png

He no longer has to hear Yoko Ono's singing.

Wag

1987-hail-hail-rock-n-roll-poster1.jpg

If you like "rockumentaries" you owe it to yourself to see Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll, perhaps one of, if not the best rockumentary or all time. The musical director is Keith Richards, and it's amazing to see him trying to get Chuck to practice with the band (which he never does). Great music, great movie.

He will be missed.

KRod-57

Banned
George Harrison, Keith Richards, Angus Young, Eric Clapton, and Jimi Hendrix are all legends in themselves. Chuck Berry is a big reason why these guys ever picked up a guitar to begin with. He was a legend of legends

Moppeh

Banned
WTF. RIP.

Wasn't he planning on recording an album soon or something? Or did that already come out?

What vague messed up things are you guys alluding to? Chuck would disconnect losing 3rd rounds of SFIV?

Chuck was a mega perv.

Recorded video of girls peeing.

entremet

WTF. RIP.

Wasn't he planning on recording an album soon or something? Or did that already come out?

Chuck was a mega perv.

Recorded video of girls peeing.

I always assume when someone has some crazy legendary talent, there's something out there to balance them out.

Peaks and valleys.

Omadahl

Banned
The guy was still performing too. His songs are even on the Voyager spacecraft. How amazing is that? Hate to be the one that has to break the news to Marvin.

A couple weeks ago I watched a video of him farting into a prostitute's mouth.

Hell of a musician.
Thought that was a joke. Wow. That's a video I wish didn't exist.

Hell of a musician indeed. His musical influence will live on.

I wish that Men in Black memory erasing device was a real thing.

18-Volt

RIP. I should listen to his music in his honor. "Brown Eyed Handsome Man" and "Memphis Tennessee" are my favorites.

Moze

Banned
What vague messed up things are you guys alluding to? Chuck would disconnect losing 3rd rounds of SFIV?

He done weird, extremely disrespectful things with prostitutes, and filmed it all. Many of the videos are online.

He set up a secret camera in the toilets of a restaurant he owned and filmed 100s of people.

He got 3 years in the 60s for transporting a 14 year old prostitute across state lines. Why he was doing that is pretty obvious, but he was never actually charged with any sort of sex crime in that case.

There was a fire on his property before he got searched that likely destroyed alot of messed up things he filmed himself doing.

LakeEarth

RIP to a legend.

In other news, the host of 'the Gong Show' Chuck Barris (pronounced Barry) is still alive. My dad was confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom