• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chuck Berry has died, aged 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you can still get into heaven if you record women and girls using the toilet without their knowledge.

Rhetorical question. There's no such thing as heaven.

RIP.

One of the fathers of Rock & Roll, and who pioneered how music would sound for a decade, at least. If it weren't for him and the other musicians who made Rock & Roll what is was, a music genre with many different sounds and styles (from Psychedelic Rock to Folk Rock to Hard Rock to Progressive Rock) would never have been born, and never have branched out to include so many bands and artists.

Also, this hits hard, since I bought the Back to the Future trilogy just the other day.

Brakke

Banned
I saw him play in St. Louis like five years ago. Played with his son and grandson, his daughter sang a couple songs.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If you're going to call someone who recently passed a "total scumbag" you have some explaining to do Lucy.

He opened a restraunt and hid cameras in the woman's bathroom toilets. He had a stash of over 200 tapes. He settled with them.

bill0527

RIP, but damn, I learned something today.

I didn't know about all those recorded videos, yikes.

It's a little known secret. We've had Chuck Berry threads before and there's always a lot of people shocked when they find out about his dark side. I guess it all came out before the age of mass media and very few people seem to know about his history other than the music.

Chuck Berry and Little Richard were my dads favourite artists during the Rock and Roll era. True legends. RIP Chuck Berry.

Lets hope Little Richard has some more years yet.

ehhh Pete townsend might or might not have indulged in CP sooo. Chuck liked voyuerism and poop though I guess he did try to do stuff with a 14yr old. still tho, CP is way worse than all that

Chuck Berry recorded little girls going to the bathroom. It feels like you're dismissing the fact that Chuck Berry actively exploited women and girls.

I have respect for the musical influence and legacy but as a human being Chuck Berry was a piece of shit.

Xrenity

MvR0wH9.png

He no longer has to hear Yoko Ono's singing.
Haha, this is all I could think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom