• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ClaDun Sengoku announced (Nippon Ichi, Vita)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Apparently this series is still around.

Gematsu said:
Nippon Ichi Software is developing ClaDun Sengoku for PS Vita, the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation reveals. It will launch in Japan on May 26 for 5,184 yen at retail and 4,114 yen via download. First-print copies will include a “Real & Retro” soundtrack selection including the theme song and 60 minutes of background music from the game.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/02/cladun-sengoku-announced-ps-vita#pCXOzB4TBvpWHIVI.99

Takao

Banned
System Prisma must work cheap:

PSP : ClaDun: This is an RPG! ( Nippon Ichi Software ) { 2010-02-18 } - 7,466 / 16,446
PSP : ClaDun X2 ( Nippon Ichi Software ) { 2011-03-24 } - 5,760 / 16,834

Haha, poor NISA. They must facedesk every time N1 announce a Vita game. Which, seemingly, is all the time recently.

At some point they're just gonna have to get these vita games translates so they can port them to steam later.

As for the announcement, I still have cladun X2 sitting on my vita unplayed. Should get round to it I guess!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
No matter how much i tried I could never get into cladun 2, i hope this time it will be different.

Didn't they also give htoL#NiQ (or however you spell it) a sequel? That game was straight up mobile shovelware and I don't think it sold too hot.

RK128

NISA has a lot of games that they aren't announcing localization for, huh :(?

Hopefully they do a blowout soon as I would love to play this. Liked the original, CalDun, so another one will be nice to play at some point.

Didn't they also give htoL#NiQ (or however you spell it) a sequel? That game was straight up mobile shovelware and I don't think it sold too hot.

LOLSOFUNNY, seriously man? The last 2 "mobile shovelware" games they've developed have actually sold fairly well considering they don't appeal to anything more than a small niche. Like it or not, that "shovelware" is the main thing keeping that company afloat right now, ofcourse they're going to keep making them.

cj_iwakura

System Prisma must work cheap:

PSP : ClaDun: This is an RPG! ( Nippon Ichi Software ) { 2010-02-18 } - 7,466 / 16,446
PSP : ClaDun X2 ( Nippon Ichi Software ) { 2011-03-24 } - 5,760 / 16,834
What about Legasista? (Which was great.)

mejin

Maybe they're not that eager when their "indie" projects on Vita sell as much as Disgaea 5.

tumblr_m182lq7Izv1rrx588o1_250.gif

They have 16,000 fans:

PS3 : Legasista ( Nippon Ichi Software ) { 2012-03-15 } - 8,871 / 16,515

Haha, that's... quite something that they can so consistently hit those numbers.

By the way, aren't System Prisma owned by NIS? What have they been doing for the past 4 years apart from this?

With good taste. Legasista was easily their best game.

I didn't put nearly as much time in it as I should have purely because it was on a home console at a time I played games like that on handhelds. Should probably give it another shot.

So, bit of a strange one, but this seems as good a place to ask as any. Are System Prisma definitely developing this? Because, about a year ago I made this post on another forum:

I was reading through NISA's published back-catalogue earlier today (it was a slow day in work :p) and looked into Hit Maker's games which were published by NISA; as well as System Prisma's titles like Cladun and Legisista.

The latter got me reading about them on Giant Bomb:

http://www.giantbomb.com/system-prisma/3010-6992/

I noticed it said at the top that they were bought by NIS in 2007, but they hadn't worked on a title (that was listed on Giant Bomb) since 2012. Their website was also blank after 2012:

http://www.prisma.jp/

With seemingly only one game following Legisista.

Further reading brought out this article about NIS establishing Nora and Counterstop as new subsidiaries, as well as the fact that Studio ToOeuf existed which I hadn't heard of before.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/01/ni ... key-title/

I was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on with all these subsidiaries these days? It seemed weird that System Prisma went completely radio silent. My assumption was that they were just absorbed into NIS proper, but that seems strange after a period following being bought when they kept their identity.

Do we know which subsidiaries developed which games? Do we know if any of them even exist any more?

I was wondering if any of this was linked to the supposed exodus of developers that was a reported a while back (I dunno if we're allowed to talk about that here, just let me know if we're not):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688013

There was a rumour in there that all the subsidiaries were closed due to an issue with the management, but that's a whole other story that sounds sketchy and not true, but still:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84094207&postcount=59

Anyway, just wondered if any of you guys knew about more about this stuff than me. Cheers!

The System Prisma link there, which was working as of December 2014, now redirects straight to NIS' site.

And the article Gematsu posted just stated that it's being developed by NIS.

Which makes me wonder if all the stuff about staff exodus to Idea Factory because those subsidiaries were set up to avoid paying bonuses was true.

cj_iwakura

I didn't put nearly as much time in it as I should have purely because it was on a home console at a time I played games like that on handhelds. Should probably give it another shot.
It's loads of fun and the random dungeons are more vicious than ever. Great music, too.

Shizuka

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it were released on PS4. We should start a petition.

You PS4 gamers don't need nothing. You'll get your fair share of games, a lot more than the Vita ever will. Feel free to leave this to Vita gamers for a little longer, I'll let you know when they decide to port it to PC.

Top Bottom