• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: The FBI translator who went rogue and married an ISIS terrorist

jfkgoblue

I don't understand this article. You mean after all that she did, she came back to the states was arrested and only sentenced to 2 years??? WTF is wrong with our criminal justice system. How is this not treasonous?
Cuz they didn't want it to get out that an FBI agent committed treason.
Amor prohibido. Sometimes women seek out forbidden love.
Been watching Scrubs due to it leaving Netflix tomorrow and so the first thing I thought of was that TCW arc they had.

FaintDeftone

I can't even wrap my head around how this even happened. How could you fall in love and marry a violent terrorist who takes selfies holding severed human heads? What a fucking dreamboat...

I mean, was it possible she was forced into this in some way? I just don't get it...

Tom_Cody

More here

In Germany, Cuspert went by the rap name Deso Dogg. In Syria, he was known as Abu Talha al-Almani. He praised Osama bin Laden in a song, threatened former President Barack Obama with a throat-cutting gesture and appeared in propaganda videos, including one in which he was holding a freshly severed human head.
!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Sayad

I don't understand this article. You mean after all that she did, she came back to the states was arrested and only sentenced to 2 years??? WTF is wrong with our criminal justice system. How is this not treasonous?

You really don't want to scare defectors from returning home on their own.

phaonaut

I can't even wrap my head around how this even happened. How could you fall in love and marry a violent terrorist who takes selfies holding severed human heads? What a fucking dreamboat...

I mean, was it possible she was forced into this in some way? I just don't get it...

Apparently he was spitting that game.

And people wonder why red pill and other alpha bullshit pops up...

I'm really surprise she is out... wouldn't intelligence with the enemy be like life without parole or death penalty?

Makonero

You really don't want to scare defectors from returning home on their own.

she was like there for three weeks

literally she went "on vacation," married this dude (while still married to an American soldier back home), had second thoughts, returned and then got arrested.

And she was 38, not 18. There's no excuse.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
His dick game was hella strong. 😂😂😂

She only got two years??? 😂😂😂

Good shit FBI good shit.

There is no justice in this world. People do life for drug charges and this idiot commits treason and gets 2 years? What a fucking joke.

Kettch

Well, usually civilian people who run away to join a terorrist group and get caught afterward will spend the rest of their lives in prison. You'd expect somebody who did so while working for the FBI with secret info would get atleast the same.

The article doesn't actually say that she went to join ISIS, but that she went to marry an ISIS propagandist. That might be a problematic legal distinction.

It sounds like they tried her more for the sharing of secrets part, by warning him.

There is no justice in this world. People do life for drug charges and this idiot commits treason and gets 2 years? What a fucking joke.

Yep! They try to justify those drug sentences by claiming the person could ruin many other lives, but a fucking terrorist is considered less of a big deal despite holding severed heads.

Oozer3993

There is a very high bar to reach for treason, one that I doubt she managed to meet. Several Americans have left the country not just to marry a terrorist, but to fight with them. I don't know of any that have been charged with treason. The Washington Post has a good article about the myths of treason.

Without knowing what information she gave ISIS and what information she then gave to the FBI, it's hard to come to a conclusion about the jail sentence. Since she was a translator, I'd be surprised if she was privy to too much sensitive information at the FBI.

GKnight

Banned
This is the most embarrassing thing I can possibly imagine.
It sounds so bad it comes off as parody...

I mean... FBI agent runs away from FBI to marry an ISIS terrorist who is an ex-rapper called Deso-Dog???

Is the FBI hiring teenage fangirls?

ISIS has some weird effect on people.

Not just desperate men looking for martyrdom - but how many women just gave up their lives and flew to Syria to be wedded off to one of these people?

What is it? What is the psychology behind it?

I am trying to comprehend this level of stupid.

Is it stupidity? Or some form of mental illness?

Think about how many everyday women around the world flew to Syria to be wedded off to these psychopaths?

There is a level of psychology here there needs to investigated.

I don't know if they feared some sort of doomsday prophecy or if the images of beheadings drove them to temporary insanity or what, but there is some fucked up psychological stuff going on with ISIS and these "brides".

I'm going to wait a few days for more information to come out before I get surprised by this. The whole story is just too weird, I feel like we must be missing something.

Within weeks of marrying Cuspert, Greene, 38, seemed to realize she had made a terrible mistake.
Took her that long, huh?

And two years in prison for aiding a terrorist organisation. Alright then... I'd have expected that to be 2 decades.

SigSig

She married fucking Deso Dogg? That's a pretty huge L, Daniela.
2 years are fine, she's punished enough.

Top Bottom