• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: White house blocking them and other news outlets from attending press briefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peccavi

That's unconstitutional. Legitimately.
Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that the White House has to give out Press Badges to any news outfit that asks. This isn't a fight that will be won in the courts, it'll have to be won in public perception/the voting booths.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Choose your own snarky reaction adventure:

1) And gamers will care more about covering up butts than the actual government suppressing news outlets that don't obey their agenda

2) Hey lurking Trump supporters, how do you feel about this literal erosion of the First?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
2) Hey lurking Trump supporters, how do you feel about this literal erosion of the First?

It makes liberals mad, so of course it's good. That's the only barometer that matters.

Joeku

It's been one month. One fucking month. If the accelerationism theory is true we'll be landing on those new planets come 2020.

LiK

I'm listening to CNN on Sirius XM right now. This is fucking stupid. I hope WH backpedals asap cuz now they look even more like facists.

Dishwalla

Banned
Wonder what Ted Turner thinks about Trump continuously picking on his baby, it always seemed like Turner was most proud of starting CNN.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't CNN take this to a federal court? It's a blatant violation of freedom of the press.

No its not. They can still report on what Trump is saying and doing, they just might not be allowed into the press briefing room.

Basically it boils down to: does CNN have a Constitutional right to attend every press briefing forever?

Got

Banned
Choose your own snarky reaction adventure:

As long as the dumb cunts can keep their guns to shoot minorities, the constitution works fine.

What? You saying they shouldve just went along with everything?
They gave Trump his platform during the primaries, which looking back might not have been the best thing. They shouldn't have gone along with Trump and holding back during that and the election.

I just want this to be over. Like now. Can the Intelligence Community please find something big in regards to the ties to Russia so this guy can be impeached already? This can't go on for four years...

UberTag

Fuck this. Trump his racist motherfucking people are responsible for their words
As far as they're concerned, they are responsible for nothing and will never be held accountable no matter how many white evangelical racists take "justice" into their own hands to make America great again.

Tovarisc

NjKiGOs.png
SOiVqL8.png

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/835205443861549056
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/835206572733304832

Primus

wellherewego.gif

Now we get to see what the American news media is really made of. Do they go after this, balls to the wall, calling it out for the tinpot dictatorship it is? Or do they roll over and submit, business as usual?

I'm listening to CNN on Sirius XM right now. This is fucking stupid. I hope WH backpedals asap cuz now they look even more like facists.

It's pretty obvious they don't care.

I just want this to be over. Like now. Can the Intelligence Community please find something big in regards to the ties to Russia so this guy can be impeached already? This can't go on for four years...

It'll still be up to Congress to do anything.

Glix

What? You saying they shouldve just went along with everything?

No I think they are saying the "both sides" and false equivalencies they did for higher ratings contributed to Easy D being elected.

The idea is (I haven't researched so I don't know how much water it holds) is that to keep up the appearance of "fairness" as to not lose potential trump voting viewers, they would run a bad hil story to balance a bad trump story.

So they would run a story about Manafort and Russia

Then run a story about her emails

Then run a story about tax returns

then run a story about her emails

Then run a story about pussy grabbing

Then run a story about her emails

Giving the email story waaaaaaaaay too much weight and possibly costing Hil the election.

syko de4d

wow.... how the hell can this happen in the modern western world? This is super scary... No idea how i would feel if i would live in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom