• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

kmfdmpig

It's interesting to hear, but also so vague. Does that make them part of the second wave along with Batwoman and Supersons, or mean that they're further off than that.

Personally, I'm looking forward to JSA the most of those three, but Shazam could be cool with the right team. I wonder if there's any chance they try to get Jeff Smith for it?
With Legion it's hard to think of anyone that would really make it work well. Peter Tomasi's run on GLC, I think, could serve as a good template for it in terms of having some core characters, but keeping them surrounded by an ever growing roster of interesting supporting characters. Other than Tomasi, who is likely too busy, I'm not sure who would be good at pulling that off. As much as I've liked Giffen over the years I'm not sure he's still a good choice for something like that.

Meh. I would be annoyed, but then I seen what my pull-list is like after adding Super Sons, JLA, and Batwoman too it. I am good for the time being.
Honestly if it's not with top talent then I'm fine shelving it until it's there. After seeing other books just wasting away like GL

I recently read all 10 volumes of Y: The Last Man. I had heard good things and love Saga.

Overall I really liked it. Great pacing with some good mystery, humor, and action.

Regarding the end of the series,
I'm not sure how crazy I am about the ending. I generally don't mind not-entirely-happy endings, but Yorick's loose end tyings were a mix of complicated and unsatisfying. I suppose that is life sometimes though; at least he had an adventure that helped the world, and at least the end of the book was not boring or predictable.

Gla d you enjoyed it, really fantastic series. I don't entirely disagree about the ending but I liked that it wasn't what you thought the end would be when you started volume 1 or necessarily when you were close to the end. It very much is a book for the characters and the journey though, and I find endings like that a tough pill to swallow too, especially because that's sometimes how things really are.

Ex Machina is pretty great too by the way, if you're looking for more from him.

I am loving Deadly Class so much. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the Deluxe Edition and don't know what I'll do when I'm done. Ideally I would make myself wait until the next Deluxe Edition comes out in like... 2 years? But I know I'm going to want to continue the story :p
Just finished it... Yeah, there is no way I am waiting until the next Deluxe Edition comes out.
That ending!!!!

ElNarez

Banned

Legion is maybe the hardest thing to write in DC's roster. There's so much a hypothetical Legion #1 needs to do while also being a great fucking comic that I totally understand why DiDio and pals would take their time to find the right people to put on it.

ElNarez

Banned
Like, shit, they could do what Marvel did, get James Robinson to shit out a book to just be there for no apparent reason, but, they've tried that and it's not led to anything good for anyone.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I am loving Deadly Class so much. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the Deluxe Edition and don't know what I'll do when I'm done. Ideally I would make myself wait until the next Deluxe Edition comes out in like... 2 years? But I know I'm going to want to continue the story :p

The next logical thing to do is read Manifest Destiny.

VanWinkle

Man. Legion, Shazam, JSA. What a set of books. Can't wait for those to finally get announced one of these days. Get Waid on Legion, Parker on Shazam (art by Doc Shaner), and Snyder on JSA (art by Capullo).

mreddie

Messi's Bank: Yes Messi, we've seen that your account has some oddity going on, someone is spending 300 bucks on...art?

Messi: It's me.

Messi Bank: Okay, we need you to come to the bank.

Messi: You're closed.

Bank: How about Monday?

Messi: I'm out of the state and going back home on that day. I clear those purchases.

Bank: Okay, we need your ID, Social, and Bank Account Number.

Messi: I dunno my account number, how about the card number.

Bank: I'm sorry, but we need the account number.

[HANGS UP]

Replace Messi with me and that's how I spent Phoenix Comic Con back in 2014. Fuck Chase.

Man. Legion, Shazam, JSA. What a set of books. Can't wait for those to finally get announced one of these days. Get Waid on Legion, Parker on Shazam (art by Doc Shaner), and Snyder on JSA (art by Capullo).

Was there a legion Hickman rumour awhile back or was that just wishful thinking I'm remembering?

Messi

Messi's Bank: Yes Messi, we've seen that your account has some oddity going on, someone is spending 300 bucks on...art?

Messi: It's me.

Messi Bank: Okay, we need you to come to the bank.

Messi: You're closed.

Bank: How about Monday?

Messi: I'm out of the state and going back home on that day. I clear those purchases.

Bank: Okay, we need your ID, Social, and Bank Account Number.

Messi: I dunno my account number, how about the card number.

Bank: I'm sorry, but we need the account number.

[HANGS UP]

Replace Messi with me and that's how I spent Phoenix Comic Con back in 2014. Fuck Chase.

tumblr_inline_mwun6qgTAd1ru1uxr.gif

Sandfox

I think I have pretty much cracked the code on what Marvel is planning to do for for the next year or so based on the panels we got this weekend, so while we didn't get concrete news about the "House Divided" thing this is a decent enough substitute. I'm still kinda disappointed we didn't get any Spidey news, but I guess they want to focus on CC and we'll get info in the next few months via solicitations.

DC and Marvel are probably done announcing new books and I'm happy with what we got.

These Rebirth books are changing up artists super quick.

Was there a legion Hickman rumour awhile back or was that just wishful thinking I'm remembering?
Hickman was joking around from my understanding and people took it as something serious.

ElNarez

Banned
Mediocrity in book form

fucking up a book where one of the characters is a robot who gets on fire and who fucking killed the real Marvel Universe Hitler is CRIMINAL

also: this khoi pham announcement could be fine, maybe, depending on who they get to do inking and colors

Even my kid hates ultimate Spider-Man. He dug the whole spectacular and earths mightiest heroes stuff but he's uninterested in the current Disney xd stuff, to an almost spectacular degree. For a kid who lives superheroes, he couldn't be less interested.

Even my kid hates ultimate Spider-Man. He dug the whole spectacular and earths mightiest heroes stuff but he's uninterested in the current Disney xd stuff, to an almost spectacular degree. For a kid who lives superheroes, he couldn't be less interested.

Well the character design of the current stuff is bland, the backgrounds are hideous, most of the character reinventions are boringm and the fighting is worse.

Even if a kid didn't get wrapped up in the loftier story ambitions of Spectacular and Avengers EMH, the current stuff is just unappealing.

mreddie

Sadly, the ratings were good enough to keep pushing that crap for 4 years.

And fucking over Keaton just pissed me off.

Top Bottom