• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speaking of Messi's bae, currently rewatching House and quite looking forward to getting to Season 4 when she is introduced, that contest was my favorite time with the show

PsychBat!

Banned
That would be bad casting

aC1Ck8K.gif

Sandfox

Nah it's what I hope for. Should have Les with that.

Nah, she needs to play Moonstone in the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers movie that better happen in the next wave and fight Brie Larson.

Any notable DC character I would want her to portray that I can think of has already been cast lol.

I forgot to mention that I read book 1 of The Last Halloween yesterday. I got the 440 page pdf from kickstarting the hardcover edition of this webcomic for my giflfriend. Pretty fun comic with some J Vasquez inspiration. The black and white artstyle is sometimes humorous, often grotesque, and always beautiful.

shingi70

Banned
So is iron fist going to have a tournament arc.

Watching the Ninjack trailer made me realize how much of fanboy of the brand I've become.

TheFlow

Banned
He was also the serious character in the original Power Man and Iron Fist from what I remember, which makes the current dynamic between the two characters super interesting.
That I did not know.

why is Danny such a fun guy given his backstory?

Sandfox

That I did not know.

why is Danny such a fun guy given his backstory?

I have read very little Iron Fist, but in the current PM&IF book for example, I think it's done because Luke isn't that stereotypical angry black man anymore so this way they play off each other better. There's also the fact that the kung fu fad died so his character probably needed to be updated as well.

TheFlow

Banned
Sure would be interesting to find out. Sounds like that would make a really interesting show.

Hm.
Lol I am saving my immortal iron fist read for later.

I have read very little Iron Fist, but in the current PM&IF book for example, I think it's done because Luke isn't that stereotypical angry black man anymore so this way they play off each other better. There's also the fact that the kung fu fad died so his character probably needed to be updated as well.
yea current run is soo damn good that it made me a big fan of both.

I like this current luke because he is chill like the tv version.

Ross61

Send day(well night) without power. I hope this 77% charged iPhone and 50% charged IPad get me through the night.

Getting caught up on Deathstroke. Definitely understand while some find this a difficult read. The next issue fully explains thing the last chapter didn't, while still posing entirely new questions. It all pays off if you stick with it tho. It's really unlike anything I'm reading right now, or before for that matter. And I'm enjoying this new experience immensely.

Oh yeah, we might be getting a new Wonder Woman animated movie. DC animated films producer said they talked to WB animation and it's on their radar.

Messi

Speaking of Messi's bae, currently rewatching House and quite looking forward to getting to Season 4 when she is introduced, that contest was my favorite time with the show

She has some great tucking episodes in that show. Lucky 13 is amazing and totally heartbreaking.

Ross61

Power came on for like a second. I'm gonna take this as a sign that they're working on them. It's gotten way too hot!

Edit: Just finished getting caught up on Deathstroke. Yeah, this is a complicated read. Mostly because everyone has layered plans, and they're all from some unseen force that has it out for Slade. Looks like whoever it is is one cunning bastard, and everything will read better once we learn who it is. This arc will definitely read waaaaayyyyy better in trade, even though it's good right now. DC was right to hire Priest for this, because he's one of the few people who could make a title like this.

mreddie

I don't disagree. I expected somewhat bigger announcements, but it seems everyone blew their load at SDCC. Not that there weren't some cool things, but nothing I really got excited about here. Outside of statues, of course.

DC and Marvel revealed bigger fish post SD so it feels weird that neither came to play in NY.

Sandfox

DC and Marvel revealed bigger fish post SD so it feels weird that neither came to play in NY.
Marvel isn't going to reveal all that much when October is the time they refresh their line and we know DC delayed some books because the Rebirth books they have now are already doing so well. It is kinda weird that Marvel is announcing Gillen's new book next week, but some site probably has dibs on the news.

mreddie

Marvel isn't going to reveal all that much when October is the time they refresh their line and we know DC delayed some books because the Rebirth books they have now are already doing so well. It is kinda weird that Marvel is announcing Gillen's new book next week, but some site probably has dibs on the news.

I feel Marvel will reveal more about AMerica and likely shown the successor to Astoshing Ant-Man, looking back, they have shown more post NY

DC had books revealed around this time but it's either traditional or a mini.

Messi

I don't disagree. I expected somewhat bigger announcements, but it seems everyone blew their load at SDCC. Not that there weren't some cool things, but nothing I really got excited about here. Outside of statues, of course.

Didn't get excited for Batwoman with that team? Don't know what to tell you then.

Comics why are there so many of you? list

Briggs Land #3
Doom Patrol #2
Gotham Academy Second Semester #2
New Superman #4
Sheriff of Babylon #11
Supergirl #2
Superwoman #3
Wonder Woman #8
Black Monday Murders #3
Jupiter's Legacy 2 #4
Kill or Be Killed #3