• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

I'm going to buy all of Lazarus and maybe try out Black Road because of Vikings. Going to get the first issues of Glitterbomb and Snotgirl seeing as those are on sale as well. Not sure about anything else, if Rumble was on sale I'd have grabbed that.

Lazarus is amazing. Black Road lost me after a few issue (mostly because I forgot to keep buying it). Glitterbomb did nothing for me, and Snotgirl has been very good so far.

I'm going to buy all of Lazarus and maybe try out Black Road because of Vikings. Going to get the first issues of Glitterbomb and Snotgirl seeing as those are on sale as well. Not sure about anything else, if Rumble was on sale I'd have grabbed that.

Haha Rumble was actually the book I scanned for first to recommend!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Lazarus is amazing. Black Road lost me after a few issue (mostly because I forgot to keep buying it). Glitterbomb did nothing for me, and Snotgirl has been very good so far.

I'd at least finish out the arc. It does get slightly more interesting.

Great choice on Lazarus!

Black Road has been good not great so far. It picks up near the end of the arc. It's very bleak though.

Glitterbomb #1 was a bit underwhelming.

I am excited and shocked at the same time.

499951.jpg

IMG_14952.jpg

Kotobukiya also announced ArtFX+ lines for the Arrow, Flash, Gotham and Supergirl TV shows.

Hagi

Subbed in issue 6 of Black Widow in place of Glitterbomb because for some reason I hadn't bought it. Passed on Black Road as I don't care much for Brian Wood.
I've heard a lot of good things about Lazarus. Looking forward to the Punisher show next year because hopefully Ruckas run will be on sale!
Haha Rumble was actually the book I scanned for first to recommend!

I've been wanting to read Rumble for a while shame it's not on sale.

I am excited and shocked at the same time.

get the hell out

she'll look great next to Jane Thor

Just to clarify, the best Thor runs are:
-Simonson
-JMS
-Aaron

Am I missing any? Thinking about putting in some work in that area at some point.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Do you think it would make sense opening a thread on gaming side regarding a detail in Resident Evil 4 that totally confused me? I love NeoGAF for these small unimportant topics, but I always hestitate because I feel like people are laughing then about me lol

-Simonson
-JMS
-Aaron

Am I missing any? Thinking about putting in some work in that area at some point.

I liked Fraction's run just fine too (up to Fear Itself anyway), not as much as those others but it's a nice bridge between JMS and Aaron.

-Simonson
-JMS
-Aaron

I think those are the most widely agreed upon ones. I think some people liked Jurgens run as well. I plan on basically reading everything from Heroes Reborn to modern day Thor. Thor seems to have had the fortune of consistently good writers/stores.

People panned fractons run but I bought the HC's dirt cheap off amazon. Heard journey into mystery by Gillen is good too.

Do you think it would make sense opening a thread on gaming side regarding a detail in Resident Evil 4 that totally confused me? I love NeoGAF for these small unimportant topics, but I always hestitate because I feel like people are laughing then about me lol

There is always the "stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread" thread.

I've been wanting to read Rumble for a while shame it's not on sale.

I got Rumble in the SDCC sale. It has quickly become one of my favorites.

I've mostly taken to Rumble being the book to recommend when these things come up since everyone else is kind of already reading the other image books I consider my favourites. Rumble has to be the best book by far that people are still sleeping on. Hagi man, you gotta jump in there. Looking forward to Arcudi's mini coming up soon from dark horse too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There is always the "stupid questions that don't deserve their own thread" thread.
True, but I have the feeling that this a so specific question that nobody would answer there...
to say what I am curious about is, why is there Amenhotep written on the papers in the typewriters... It would be to random to have no sense...

I liked Fraction's run just fine too (up to Fear Itself anyway), not as much as those others but it's a nice bridge between JMS and Aaron.

I think those are the most widely agreed upon ones. I think some people liked Jurgens run as well. I plan on basically reading everything from Heroes Reborn to modern day Thor. Thor seems to have had the fortune of consistently good writers/stores.

People panned fractons run but I bought the HC's dirt cheap off amazon. Heard journey into mystery by Gillen is good too.

Much appreciated. My friend left for Japan recently and left me some comics he bought when we were living together, namely Vol. 1-4 of Aaron's Thor, Thanos Rising, Vol. 1 of Birthright, and Vol. 1 of Tokyo Ghost. I'm to hold on to them until he comes back for them.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've mostly taken to Rumble being the book to recommend when these things come up since everyone else is kind of already reading the image books I consider my favourites. Rumble has to be the best book by far that people are still sleeping on. Hagi man, you gotta jump in there. Looking forward to Arcudi's mini coming up soon from dark horse too.

It also needs all the sales it can get. Of the 21 Image titles I bought last month it ranked 21st.

If you're planning to read JIM the fill-in issues by Gillen are pretty good and sets up Kid!Loki. Think he did like 4-5 issues after JMS left and Fraction could take over IIRC.

Wonder Woman probably getting a new animated movie.

Oh and for those that read Spidey, the book got confirmed cancelled at issue 12 during NYCC.

Hagi

I'm glad Marvel is finally getting some great bishoujos like DC has. Before She-Hulk, a lot of the Marvel ones paled in comparison.

Too true the only one I have is Binary Ms Marvel can't say I really liked any if the rest. I hope they revisit some like they did Psylocke, I'd kill for a better Natasha. Definitely buying Jane Thor.

I've mostly taken to Rumble being the book to recommend when these things come up since everyone else is kind of already reading the other image books I consider my favourites. Rumble has to be the best book by far that people are still sleeping on. Hagi man, you gotta jump in there. Looking forward to Arcudi's mini coming up soon from dark horse too.

I'll pick it up at some point for sure.

It also needs all the sales it can get. Of the 21 Image titles I bought last month it ranked 21st.

That's really too bad. Such an amazing book.

Few were buying it here when it was first coming out but it does seem to have caught on with a lot of comicgaffers, at least

Damn. I can only hope it mops with good trade sales. It's low on the sales chart, but only about 300 copies different in the August 300 to BPRD itself, and we know trade is where bprd does a lot of its business.

I'd say that's maybe one sad problem with the Hellboy books. Tons of fantastic writing, but I imagine the casual browser attributes them all to Mignola Maybe that's why Arcudi decided it was time to move on.

I'm really not an expert with sales numbers and stuff though, I don't follow that too closely. I'm not exactly sure what the average successful image book sells for example.

Sandfox

A fan said he loves Captain Marvel, but didn't side with her for Civil War II, asking if he'd like her again by the time the story is over.

Amanat said the most important thing about Captain Marvel's involvement in Civil War II is that it brings her to the forefront of the Marvel Universe, and to challenge her as a character.

Stohl said no one would come out of Civil War II unscathed, most of all Carol Danvers.

"We're going to explore Carol as a hero, as a person, as a soldier, as a leader."

Amanat said Carol has to be imperfect and have challenges to be a three dimensional character.

This is what I have wanted from the character. I'm actually liking what I've been hearing about Captain Marvel since Stohl took over so hopefully she can rebuild the character as someone people actually like.

Amanat said that though Chelsea Cain's Mockingbird was coming to an end "Marvel doesn't let go of great characters or great talent."
hmm...

Cbr reporting that Hellboy 3 is fairly unlikely to happen. Well. I'm not sure this has been in debate for quite a long while now but there you go anyway.

Hagi

This is what I have wanted from the character. I'm actually liking what I've been hearing about Captain Marvel since Stohl took over so hopefully she can rebuild the character as someone people actually like.

hmm...

Likeability is Carols biggest hurdle so yeah hopefully post CW2 she can be rebuilt to be less like Kurt Russell in Soldier.

So I read Snotgirl and uhh it was okay I guess. I like the art! Doesn't immediately seem like it will be something I'll be interested in following long term.

Superman #8 was amazing, holy shit it took me a second to realise why something felt so similar then boom the pieces fell into place. Rip Cooke.

Self absorbed 25 year old Tumblr fashion blogger with allergies faces mid life crisis. Her nose runs a lot.

Is it a drama/slice of life type book then or is there a greater story? I've been super ignorant to the book, I never got on the whole scott pilgrim thing.

Sandfox

Likeability is Carols biggest hurdle so yeah hopefully post CW2 she can be rebuilt to be less like Kurt Russell in Soldier.

So I read Snotgirl and uhh it was okay I guess. I like the art! Doesn't immediately seem like it will be something I'll be interested in following long term.

Superman #8 was amazing, holy shit it took me a second to realise why something felt so similar then boom the pieces fell into place. Rip Cooke.

I dropped Snotgirl after the second issue because I wasn't feeling it.

oni_saru

Question, do miniseries always get a collected tradeback?

I want to read the Midnighter and Apollo run but would rather buy it in a collection versus single issues.

Also what are the recommended Midnighter & Apollo comics to read? Saw some scans on these two and now i want to read all about them!

I saw Midnighter appears quite a bit in Grayson so definitely getting that! (meant to get Grayson anyways since i see it's always highly recommended plus Dick=<3)

Zombine

Banned

I want to read the Midnighter and Apollo run but would rather buy it in a collection versus single issues.

Also what are the recommended Midnighter & Apollo comics to read? Saw some scans on these two and now i want to read all about them!

I saw Midnighter appears quite a bit in Grayson so definitely getting that! (meant to get Grayson anyways since i see it's always highly recommended plus Dick=<3)

I would definitely check out The Athority by Ellis for more Midnighter/Apollo. Also, Midnighter's New54/DCU run is pretty great.

TheFlow

Banned

It will get a physical release next year

tim1138

Midnighter and Apollo will get a trade at some point next year.

I recommend Stormwatch vols 1 and 2 by Warren Ellis (M&A don't show up til volume 2, but volume 1 is great and must read), the Authority volume 1 (also by Warren Ellis), Midnighter volumes 1 and 2 by Steve Orlando. There is also an older Midnighter solo series by Garth Ennis and later Keith Giffen that you can get now digitally on Comixology, if you prefer physical it will be released as a collection next year.

Top Bottom