• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Considering Mac Mini M1 for Gaming—Your Thoughts?

Demigod Mac

Would recommend going beyond 8GB RAM if possible for future proofing's sake. Remember that the integrated GPU will pull from that memory pool as well.

I have been on Mac for years and don't use it for gaming. However, one thing I'll mention is it can now run the Switch really well with a native version of Ryujinx, I hear this is due to the fact that Apple silicone has an ARM based cpu and does not need to emulate game code. I've had pretty good success with Mario Wonder and even TotK (at 60 FPS) on my M2 Max. You will want plenty of RAM for that type of "emulation".

I would only recommend a Mac if you are more into productivity and want a few games as well.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If
God awful comments here. Don't listen to these guys.
kYgOrK.jpg

M1 with 8GB can run a ton of games.

Snip
Which is all great if you already have a Mac and want to run some games on it. But you wouldn't buy a Mac purely for its limited but improving gaming capabilities, when there are better choices.
I mean for old arcade games and early consoles I have a $15 Pi zero 2 W that works great.

DeVeAn

I own a 2021 Macbook pro and if your are mainly emulating go for it. Works well with ps2 and I got JSRF running solid @4x rendering.

Top Bottom