• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox CEO Phil Spencer - "We have no plans to bring Xbox Game Pass to PlayStation or Nintendo."

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
In it's current form of course. Neither nintendo and sony will want to let a trojan horse onto their platform.

Heck even if they neuter the shit out of gamepass for other platforms, i can see sony still telling them to take a hike, unless they actually move away from being a direct competitor in the console space then maybe.
Sony and Nintendo will NEVER allow Gamepass. If they ever did, Xbox wins. Microsoft wouldn't do it anyway.

Hope people are over Xbox going 3rd party and out of the console business. Besides, Phil admitted that they could never outsell Sony or Nintendo in consoles months ago. Knowing that, they would just go 3rd party now. Like, why not? Never made sense to me people suggesting they'd get out of the console business to begin with. After spending $70 billion? Not a chance in hell...

MacReady13

So Phil isn't willing to put his sub service on over 250 million consoles for reasons?!? So much for him wanting all gamers to play every game everywhere. Suits me. I fucking loathe sub services anyway.

Topher

Gold Member
Because a liar serving you platitudes sometimes makes mistakes.

Zoe Lister Jones Slip GIF by The Roku Channel

I don't know which I find more irritating:

DarkMage619 DarkMage619 posting his console warrior opinions.
DarkMage619 DarkMage619 not posting, but constantly reacting to his fellow fanboys in solidarity.

I just don't know.

You pay attention to how someone reacts to posts and it irritates you? 😬

Main question I have is why can't Microsoft have some consistent messaging. They talk so much and all they do is confuse everything.

They confuse warriors who over analyze every single sentence any executive says.

Exactly my point, because 1, he didn’t clarify anything. And 2, the article says Stuart discussed bringing GamePass to other consoles when he didn’t. And don’t be offended by warrior, it goes to Xbox warriors as well, the people who overreact to every word these executives say and feed into the nonsense. You should know, you’re one of those who reads their tweets and shares them here.

Fredrik

I don’t know about this. I still think we’ll see Xbox as a launcher within 10 years, on multiple hardwares. But maybe not Gamepass then? It would make sense though. The most logical subscription future is having the service everywhere, in the end through cloud computing when internet and server infrastructure is good enough.

Topher

Gold Member
Exactly my point, because 1, he didn’t clarify anything. And 2, the article says Stuart discussed bringing GamePass to other consoles when he didn’t.

He was asked directly about what Stuart said and had to clarify. What "subscription services" was Stuart even talking about if not Game Pass?

Perhaps you should read what Stuart said again:

"It's a bit of a change of strategy. Not announcing anything broadly here, but our mission is to bring our first-party experiences [and] our subscription services to every screen that can play games," Stuart said. "That means smart TVs, that means mobile devices, that means what we would have thought of as competitors in the past like PlayStation and Nintendo."

You should know, you’re one of those who reads their tweets and shares them here.

Oh yeah? Show me the last time I posted a tweet from an executive on GAF.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Exactly my point, because 1, he didn’t clarify anything. And 2, the article says Stuart discussed bringing GamePass to other consoles when he didn’t. And don’t be offended by warrior, i’m a warrior as well, the people who overreact to every word these executives say and feed into the nonsense. You should know, you’re one of those who reads their tweets and shares them here.
Lmao sit your ass down boi. Why you acting like you are not one of those warriors … there i fixed it for you 🤣

You are blaming the costumers instead of the exces who created this confusion to begin with. Do you know what clear messaging is? Are you telling us with a straight face that MS messaging is clear as day here? It’s so damn clear that Phil had to open his damn mouth again…

One of the reasons why MS is in this messaging mess internally and externally is because they are already acting like a 3party pub with one foot in the door. That’s what usually happens when you acquire the biggest 3party games and your fanbase is shrinking faster then a melting ice-cube.

So stop blaming gamers and please stop defending these damn suits all the time…..it’s embarrassing 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Klayzer

Lmao sit your ass down boi. Why you acting like you are not one of those warriors … there i fixed it for you 🤣

You are blaming the costumers instead of the exces who created this confusion to begin with. Do you know what clear messaging is? Are you telling us with a straight face that MS messaging is clear as day here? It’s so damn clear that Phil had to open his damn mouth again…

One of the reasons why MS is in this messaging mess internally and externally is because they are already acting like a 3party pub with one foot in the door. That’s what usually happens when you acquire the biggest 3party games and your fanbase is shrinking faster then a melting ice-cube.

So stop blaming gamers and please stop defending these damn suits all the time…..it’s embarrassing 🤦🏻‍♂️
Both embarrassing and predictable, always.

No, this is about Game Pass on PS or Nintendo. I don't know that I've seen anyone argue that they believe that is actually going to happen.

Yeah....plenty of speculation over MS going third party, but that's different.
You mean fact or fiction? That's a fine line with the average Gaf member.

Gojiira

Can they get their fucking policies, goals, ideas and messaging and whatever the fuck else in line? One minute they want it on everything, the next they don’t, just make up your fucking mind retards…Suck to death of Xbox just constantly moidering, constantly falling on their ass, just shut the fuck up and make GOOD games for once…Ffs

NEbeast

He is the CEO, afterall. His words weight more than Stuart, who reports to him.

image001.png
So why tf is Stuart peddling something else? Do these guys not talk? Surely they both know the direction the company is going? This isn't a win like you seem to think it is. Its a fat fucking L. How disjointed is this damn company! Their messaging is all over the place and it's a an absolute shitshow. No wonder they are losing brand revelance and people are jumping over to PlayStation.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
6s8Hdue.jpg

...sight

Good !! Let this fucking awful trojan horse gamepass idea die together with xbox gaming division whenever this happens ... they dont bring anything good to this industry for quite some time.. so fuck gamepass , thank you but no thank you.

Fredrik

So why tf is Stuart peddling something else? Do these guys not talk? Surely they both know the direction the company is going? This isn't a win like you seem to think it is. Its a fat fucking L. How disjointed is this damn company! Their messaging is all over the place and it's a an absolute shitshow. No wonder they are losing brand revelance and people are jumping over to PlayStation.
He’s a finance guy going by that pic, means he’s likely dealing with strategies further out in the future. Could be 2030 or later who knows. But yeah they need to clarify their message.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Can they get their fucking policies, goals, ideas and messaging and whatever the fuck else in line? One minute they want it on everything, the next they don’t, just make up your fucking mind retards…Suck to death of Xbox just constantly moidering, constantly falling on their ass, just shut the fuck up and make GOOD games for once…Ffs
Who hurt you bro? Good lord...

WitchHunter

Banned
He is the CEO, afterall. His words weight more than Stuart, who reports to him.

image001.png
Look. Everyone is smiling... like a big family of psychopaths (sorry, retards). Jerret West and Linda Norman looks like they are humans, because their mouths are closed, rest are 100% alien mindbenders.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
If I'm the head of PS I would only accept it there as an Xbox studios only deal so as not to cut into third party sales and I would also say you have to put out physical and digital a la carte purchases for those games on my platform too. I am not gonna force our customer base to sub to your service to get ES6.

As a customer I would never sub but I would buy, probably multiple, Xbox studios games from third party ip that are already selling more on PS by at least a 2:1 margin. I will not move consoles for those games because quite frankly I don't think they should be owned by a console manufacturer in the first place so I ain't moving consoles and rewarding you for that.

Top Bottom