• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cop kills Dog. Owner just a tad more than slightly pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyroxis

Banned
Why the fuck were they in his yard looking for someone else's kid when a strange dog is there?Those cops are gonna cost that city millions for being that stupid. And rightfully fucking so.

entremet

That's just ridiculous. Way too trigger happy. Of course a dog will become aggressive at a strange man entering his territory. No need to shoot it.

If he was threatened by the dog, why didn't he just...leave the yard?

I feel so sorry for the owner, i don't know how I'm gonna cope when my dog dies, this must have been horrible.

Poor dude. I don't understand why it's ok to kill a dog protecting it's home BEHIND A FENCE. I mean, you walked on the property..how does that equal "Imma shoot this bitch."

what would make me even more pissed is the smirk on the lady officer and the officer with the sun glasses faces. This was not a laughing matter and nothing was funny about the situation so why was they smirking?

DarkKyo

Why are so many cops the most evil people you'll ever meet? It doesn't help that 99% of all cases they truly are above the law. If you're a sociopath who wants to wreck people's lives and get off scott-free then being a cop might be your dream profession.

There seems to be a worrying amount of these stories recently. I think they just can't wait for an opportunity to shoot their gun. Fucking assholes.

If it was my dog, I'd be on my way to jail soon after.

Weird. Watching this I felt zero compassion for the owner.
I don't harbor any sort of irrational dislike toward animals (haven't touched meat for more than 4 years), but all I could think of was:
- "guys sounds like he's on antidepressants / has fallen back into puberty"
- "police officers seem pretty calm"
- "guess if the guy was black, he'd be dead / tazed / heavily beaten by now"

/ also "guess the guy could be known to be a weirdo in the neighborhood, hence Police checking out his premises for a missed child"

Daingurse

This is some fucking bullshit. I would be infuriated.

I don't harbor any sort of irrational dislike toward animals (haven't touched meat for more than 4 years), but all I could think of was:
- "guess if the guy was black, he'd be dead / tazed / heavily beaten by now
"

What does any of this shit have to do with you feeling compassion? Hell, this dude seems pretty reserved for a guy who had his damn dog killed.

This shit does have to change. You can't just shoot dogs because you are scared they might hurt you. The dog certainly doesn't have a gun. At worst you'll get bit and then no one will complain if you shoot it.

Man up.

Maximus.

That's so fucked up. They had no right to be in the yard and especially had no right to shoot the dog. So many dumb officers overshadow the good.

and all i could think of reading your post is:

- "this dude is kind of a jerk"

moggio

Banned
Such a shame that the officer wasn't at the very least fatally mauled by the dog before he shot it.

Such a shame. Still, one can always hope another dog will tear his throat out.

DarkKyo

/ also "guess the guy could be known to be a weirdo in the neighborhood, hence Police checking out his premises for a missed child"

You'd probably make a good cop?

Siegcram

Victim blaming a guy whose dog got shot for no reason. I don't even.

Also, cops in the US need to overthink their hiring standards. These stories are outrageous.

I can't even guess what I'm supposed to be inferring from this.

Victim blaming at its finest.

I don't try to rationalize the fact that police shot his dog. Just felt like I should share my feelings since they were so diametrically opposed to rest.

(I don't own pets. I had a fish tank as a kid and once took care of a stray puppy for a few weeks)

/
I can't even guess what I'm supposed to be inferring from this.
No idea, tbh.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This isn't the first time this has happened. Sounds like some cops have never been around dogs. That's sad because they have their K9 unit. Dogs like to jump up and play. They treat it like every dog is this crazed tiger trained to kill on command. There should be an animal video sent to every mailing address in North America showing people how animals react and when it's bad. I'm pretty sure some people out there think of the dumbest shit.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I feel terrible for the dog owner and I hope the officer is question receives the proper punishment.

Why are so many cops the most evil people you'll ever meet? It doesn't help that 99% of all cases they truly are above the law. If you're a sociopath who wants to wreck people's lives and get off scott-free then being a cop might be your dream profession.

And the carnival of stupid has rolled into town. Yay!

I am not going to comment on the 1st and 3rd opinion because I just can not... Wow.. Just.. Wow.

Secondly it is protocol for the officers to stay calm. Asking someone to calm down will just infuriate them more.

Bodacious

Banned
Dark haired cop looked about as disgusted over the situation as the dog owner. Pretty shitty situation for them to have to stay there and deal with the guy after some other cop was the one who shot the dog.

I can't imagine having cops just walk into my backyard and kill my dog. That's devastating. I feel for the owner and hope he is able to get some sort of justice.

ElRenoRaven

That's insane. Seriously the dog is properly secured on the owner's property and the assholes just walk onto his property and kill his dog. Seriously what the hell? I understand looking for a child but call the damn owner. Do anything. Nope though let's just go in and then kill his animal because well we were where we shouldn't have been.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
This seems to happen a lot. I remember this thread where the cops shoot the dog right in front of the owner.

I knew what thread you linked before I even clicked on it and it's not even close to the same situation. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish by posting that.

ElRenoRaven

Cops who didn't shoot the dog also handled that situation well I thought, they looked sad about it.

Yea. You have to give them that. They could have been assholes but they kept their calm unlike their co-worker who shot the damn dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom