• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cosmic Star Heroine (PS4/Vita/PC) Out April 11th

Man that preview looks great i'm going to try and make time in the summer to check this out.
I'm a big fan of old school jrpgs with phantasy star being my favorite so it looks to be right up my alley.

Moze

Banned
Has it actually been delayed in Europe for PS4 or is that a mistake? When I preordered two weeks ago, it was coming out on the 11th. The store now says the 18th :/

Eusis

Seems I got a Steam key despite saying PS4, but the actual purchase page is empty, while it shows up in my library?

Not actually claiming the key yet regardless. See what's said later (though I wouldn't be opposed to going PC instead.)

Kylarean

Surveys went out via Kickstarter in August 2015.

Really? No wonder I can't find anything in my inbox, I no longer have that email anymore.

I can't remember that far back, did codes already get sent out? They won't have my correct email unless they go bck and got it from Kickstarter again.

The pre-load began to auto-dled on my PS4 but won't dl at all. Canceled it, tried re-dling from the PS store app but nothing.

Not a huge deal since I'll working on P5 before then, just thought I'd mention in case it's a bug or something.

Corpekata

Banned
When are keys going up on Humble?

Dont care about preloading as much as I'd just rather not have to wait til the last minute in case something goes wrong and needs to be fixed.

Chinbo37

Um wow. I just googled this game to see what it was all about and it looks WAY up my alley lol.

I love that 16/32 bit 2D RPG style.

Is this any good? Adding it to my steam wishlist now.

Teknoman

From what I can hear of the battle and victory themes from the videos (all have commentary...so its kinda hard to hear) they really seem on point. Some Sega Saturn style vibes.

I liked the Spy Directory too, the backer entries are a nice mixture of funny and impressive. Its a lot more work than usually goes in to such large tiers.

Arthea

Yup. Once I get in the office in a couple hours.

Need a good OT title, btw.

Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| It's raining machines!
Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| Play time is over now
Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| As long as memories last
Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| You are armed and look so brave

edited: one more
Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| Like we're in another world

first four are from Phantasy Star games, the last one is from Chrono Trigger

Kvik

Looking forward to playing this during Easter break! Nier during the day and this in the evening.

5 days of bliss.

tsundoku

Actually moderately interested in this. Zeboyd finally putting out a game where I don't hate literally every graphic and sprite on the screen

daevv

I'm sure this will be in the OT but is this available on Vita tomorrow too? I have two 7-8 hour car rides coming up and this would be perfect for the trip. :)

jacobeid

Banned
I'm sure this will be in the OT but is this available on Vita tomorrow too? I have two 7-8 hour car rides coming up and this would be perfect for the trip. :)

No :(

I'm waiting for the Vita version as this will be a perfect lunch game for me.

Amir0x

Banned
Robert, how long would you say the average playthrough is going to take? You guys shooting for like an Earthbound-length of 15-20hrs?

Edit: oops, see he answered above. Good answer, good playtime.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Someone refresh my memory is this game Cross Save compatible? Because if so I will simply pre order the game now since it's Cross Buy with the PS Vita.

Cornbread78

has the game been delayed a week?
i bought it from eu store bonus money from the 50gbp expenditure and it says its 7 something days away

4/18 in EU

Someone refresh my memory is this game Cross Save compatible? Because if so I will simply pre order the game now since it's Cross Buy with the PS Vita.

Cross-buy, but not cross-save

If one more person asks about the length I think we might as well title it "Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| 15-20 Hours"

Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| 15-20 Hour classic JRPG

Still need some informal votes on the OT title. OT has been done for about 9 mos now, just needs a good title, so I can post it, lol

Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| Not actually about drugs

OK, this legit made me laugh; bravo.

Arthea

last one from me:

Cosmic Star Heroine |OT| The stars is our destiny

please please, no drugs reference in OT, anything but that

Durante

I think a Chrono Trigger reference in the title would make sense.
It gives you an idea of what to expect, and most people should have positive associations with it.

Actually moderately interested in this. Zeboyd finally putting out a game where I don't hate literally every graphic and sprite on the screen
I love all the sprites and background art so far. The only mixed bag for me are the larger illustrations.

Also, the music is great.

Top Bottom