• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could this be a tease for a Red Dead on current-gen?

Boem

Couple of things:

- Danny Ross doesn't work at Rockstar anymore.

- According to Reddit it probably isn't him. It's not even an official AMA started by him, someone made a request and that account suddenly showed up. That account was made two days ago. A bit too much of a coincidence. His answers are mostly evading questions or responding with other questions. All stuff a random person on the internet could do. Also apparently Reddit users impersonating people from the O&A crew is apparently some sort of injoke, happens a lot.

- He kept avoiding it when people asked for proof that it really was him, and after a while he posted pictures of himself that were almost immediately discovered to be faked.

So yeah, it's not him.

Also Rockstar working on RDR2 isn't that big of a leap. So it probably doesn't matter that much if the account is real or not, it's probably coming anyway at some point.

But this is probably fake.

injurai

Banned
Rockstar already confirmed that RDR will be one of their mainstay franchises, which will find itself in their rotation of development. There was also no reason to suspect that they would have RDR skip a generation. Also they implied that the series will get well spaced entries for years to come, just like GTA.

Source http://www.gamespot.com/articles/an...-dead-redemption-2-is-happening/1100-6419966/

"I pretty much know the ones that I can assure you are permanent. It's obvious that GTA is a permanent franchise as long as we keep delivering this incredible quality; it seems quite obvious that Red Dead is a permanent franchise..."

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Couple of things:

- Danny Ross doesn't work at Rockstar anymore.

- According to Reddit it probably isn't him. It's not even an official AMA started by him, someone made a request and that account suddenly showed up. That account was made two days ago. A bit too much of a coincidence. His answers are mostly evading questions or responding with other questions. All stuff a random person on the internet could do. Also apparently Reddit users impersonating people from the O&A crew is apparently some sort of injoke, happens a lot.

- He kept avoiding it when people asked for proof that it really was him, and after a while he posted pictures of himself that were almost immediately discovered to be faked.

So yeah, it's not him.

Also Rockstar working on RDR2 isn't that big of a leap. So it probably doesn't matter that much if the account is real or not, it's probably coming anyway at some point.

But this is probably fake.
Thanks for ruining everyone's hopes.

You don't need to be an "insider" or genius to know RDR 2/3/whatever is coming, the game sold over 11 million copies in like it's first year. They've been working on it for years at this point.

Red Dead Revenant

6179771_the-revenant-trailer-leonardo-dicaprio_79c70d4e_m.jpg

Please God

Jonm1010

Banned
I mean is there any doubt that this won't be coming either as Rockstar's next major release or following their first current gen GTA?

I mean is there any doubt that this won't be coming either as Rockstar's next major release or following their first current gen GTA?
Yes. I mean, Redemption didn't even come to PC. Or had any remasters. Even Bully did and got remasters. So I don't see that much support for the series from the company.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yes. I mean, Redemption didn't even come to PC. Or had any remasters. Even Bully did and got remasters. So I don't see that much support for the series from the company.

They have made public statements that Red Dead is a tentpole franchise moving forward. The CEO said it will definitely happen...It's gonna happen.

Top Bottom