• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot has sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide!

TheOGB

Banned
Crash is back
KlHAKTN.gif

It can'be only haters... maybe lot of GAF users here are very, very young and they don't know a lot about gaming in PS1/PS2...
No, it's worse because a large chunk of GAF users are old fogies

this thing was everywhere during the summer. Where is it from?
https://youtu.be/zkBqOmelX28

Sponge

Banned
I agree, but I suppose the real issue in that regard is finding it the right developer for it.

It's another reason why it's a shame that Banjo couldn't of stuck around with Nintendo. Besides the obvious EAD/EPD teams, I think Retro Studios could of made a fantastic modern BK game considering their work with Donkey Kong Country.

Yeah definitely. Retro would be a good fit if it were possible. If Microsoft ever does want to pursue the series again they'll definitely have to find someone new.

I remember when no one believed a Killer Instinct game by Double Helix would be good, or when the game had to switch over to Iron Galaxy after Helix's buyout. I'm sure there's some passionate team out there that could handle Banjo. Maybe Sanzaru, or the team currently doing Super Lucky's Tale.

Tapejara

While I have my issues with the N.Sane versions, it's great to see the Bandicoot doing well once again! Hopefully this means CTR, Spyro and/or a new Crash game are on the way.

I want VV to put their GBA game through the remaking machine now.

I've been hoping for these as well!

Jigorath

Banned
Who was that one Nintendo fan who kept arguing that this game needed a Switch port or else it would flop because PS4 owners don't buy platformers? Lol

silva1991

I will be so hyped for Spyro remake. I played the game in many friends and relatives houses, but never actually owned and finish them back in the day.

Sony look at this success. You have a very fun cartooney game that could do with a ratchet&clank/Crash graphical update and make it a collection or reboot

Ape escape!!!

ghibli99

Got the plats for all three, and despite some real frustrations, I had a great time with them.

Something original next, please!

entremet

I feel Sony should cultivate their family friendly IP better. Other than Ratchet, they haven’t.

Where’s my new Ape Escape?

Jumping Flash VR?

GeoramA

That's a crazy result in a stacked year for game releases.

Layden will be wearing a Spyro shirt at PSX, mark my words.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I mean assuming Crash Trilogy makes it to other platforms I'd be hard pressed to think Activision would not want the same for CTR. Will be interesting.

CTR is actually the one and only Crash game Sony owns. A remake would most definitely be a hard PS4 exclusive as Acti would have no say in the matter.

CTR is actually the one and only Crash game Sony owns. A remake would most definitely be a hard PS4 exclusive as Acti would have no say in the matter.

That wouldn't stop Acti from making a new Crash Kart game. It just can't be a remake or use the name w/out Sony's approval.

Tapejara

That wouldn't stop Acti from making a new Crash Kart game. It just can't be a remake or use the name w/out Sony's approval.

They've done that before (see: Crash Nitro Kart, which is essentially CTR 2), but fans specifically want CTR. I don't think a new game or remake with the Nitro Kart or Tag Team Racing branding would have as much pull.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That wouldn't stop Acti from making a new Crash Kart game. They just can't make a remake or use the name.

Sure. I neither said nor implied it would. We are discussing a remake of CTR, after all, and it's actually Acti that owns the CTR IP, so it could release a reboot with that same title if it so desired.

Joey Ravn

Banned
That's good for everyone who enjoyed the game. I certainly didn't. Maybe I'll give it another try some time in the future when it comes down in price, but my initial impression was pretty bad.

Tratorn

Great sales for great games. Nice. :)

But how can Zhuge drop that number just like that? Why don't we get much more numbers from other games if he can just post them on twitter if the wants?

fortunato

Banned
Who was that one Nintendo fan who kept arguing that this game needed a Switch port or else it would flop because PS4 owners don't buy platformers? Lol

PS4 owners don't buy platform games. They buy Crash Bandicoot. Like 3DS owners didn't buy fighting games. They bought Super Smash Bros.

Top Bottom