• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: What we know so far

bathsalts

Everything about this thing leads me to believe it will be the best game of all time.

That kind of writing quality and scope in a cyberpunk setting. I really want them to do fallout 4 style reveal then release a few months later, I cant take a slow burn or a media blackout for a long ass wait like the Witcher 3.

danthefan

Really excited for this, I don't think I've ever invested in the story of a game like I did with TW3, there were so many amazing payoffs (finally
finding Ciri
was one of the best moments I've ever had gaming) so can't wait to get back into a story created by CDPR.

Great thread too, well done!

With how different those are I'm confused as to how they can have a well written story if the main character's role can be so varied, unless the role is more name only

Probably a class based story that eventually branches off into class missions you can do on the side while you also do the main story. Biggest example I could think of is like The Old Republic, where you have the class story, then the rest of the expansions have been shit all of the classes deal with in a separate fashion.

Maligna

Banned
With how different those are I'm confused as to how they can have a well written story if the main character's role can be so varied, unless the role is more name only

Yeah like, if I want to be a rockerboy... How will that even work? Rhythm minigames?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Man i'm really hoping that CDProjekt doesn't make some Witcher 1 level mistakes with the depiction and design of women in this game. The concept is really cool and i'd be incredibly impressed if they reached anywhere near that level of fidelity in realtime.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've never given a game 10/10, hoping this will be the first. Witcher III came closest with a 9.5 but damn that Roach AI, as well as the general movement clunkiness. Still the most hours I've ever put into a SP game.

DarkFlame

Banned
Nice OP.

They should take as long as it takes to make the perfect cyberpunk game...the cyberpunk genre needs a boost in popularity,unfortunately only Deus Ex is on the front the last years

Crossing Eden

Nice OP.

They should take as long as it takes to make the perfect cyberpunk game...the cyberpunk genre needs a boost in popularity,unfortunately only Deus Ex is on the front the last years
Cyberpunk, sorta like Steampunk, is one of those aesthetics that's almost always depicted in the exact same way.

Cyberpunk, sorta like Steampunk, is one of those aesthetics that's almost always depicted in the exact same way.

if you read the OP you'll see one of the team members say that they strive to do a proper cyberpunk game instead of the vanilla definition. They even say that they feel Deus Ex isn't a proper cyberpunk title.

Damn fine thread, and literally exactly what I was looking for last week when I started feeling some hype for Cyberpunk. Despite my love for W3, I've never been that into this setting so was lukewarm. But the more I hear about this the more interested I get.

Can CDPR make an open-ended customizable-character game that still has a great and engaging plot? If any current dev can in the AAA space, I think it's them.

I like this style-over-substance angle too.

Crossing Eden

if you read the OP you'll see one of the team members say that they strive to do a proper cyberpunk game instead of the vanilla definition. They even say that they feel Deus Ex isn't a proper cyberpunk title.
I know i'm just saying that's part of the reason why cyberpunk and steampunk settings aren't in triple A settings super often.

Talyn

OP found this Eurogamer article that mentions class names

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ut-cd-projekt-reds-cyberpunk-2077-game-so-far

Also it states that it'll be skill based instead of level based.
They're talking about the Cyberpunk 2020 PnP RPG there though. I'll be surprised if some of those roles make it into the PC game, Rockerboys and Nomads were hard to deal with even in the PnP game unless you made a campaign specifically focused around them.

They're talking about the Cyberpunk 2020 PnP RPG there though. I'll be surprised if some of those roles make it into the PC game, Rockerboys and Nomads were hard to deal with even in the PnP game unless you made a campaign specifically focused around them.

if that's the case, shame. We already know there's different classes but I'd find it pretty cool to have classes like one based on media.

tiO6ZjU.jpg

throne

of

want

Walpurgis

Banned
I thought that too but it was hard to tell from the article. I'll leave it in the OP because I think that those are the kinds of classes that we can expect, based off of other things they and Pondsmith have said. I guess I can add a note when I get to my PC.

DrD

BizzyBum

I believe in CDPR.

This game is going to be bonkers. And they're giving me a first person mode? I'm already hype as hell. Bethesda finally getting some competition.

Nazo

I could never get into the Witcher series but from what I'm reading the OP I'm VERY excited for this game. especially its focus on character creation and personalizing your sense of style. That's so damn cool.

Wow great write-up OP. I am really hype on this game. It's my most anticipated for sure. I really can't wait to see what they've been up to. Anyone have any ideas when we might see a new trailer for this? I'd love to see whay CDPR has been working on.

tuxfool

Banned
That is quite an OP, op.

They were putting up some kind of Cyberpunk mission statement poster when ramping up press for the Witcher 3 (and building their Cyberpunk room). Apparently what was on it was really impressive.

adj_noun

We definitely want to give players way more freedom with customization of the main protagonist then they had with Geralt in The Witcher series.

YES. Never saw that before. One of my main wants for any post Witcher stuff they did.

I am so pumped for this game.

Walpurgis

Banned
I wouldn't mind if they simply have the easter egg they had in Witcher 3 where she transported to the game for a brief second and left haha
I hope it's longer than a brief second. It's interdimensional travel so the brief second that we perceived doesn't tell us everything. It could be seriously awesome.

Exentryk

Thanks for the thread OP. Didn't know all of this info was out there.

Sounds like you can have blades and play as non-shooter classes? I might be interested in this game if I can play it as a swordsman.

Azzanadra

Must... not... get... hyped.

Seriously, this game is years away. 2018 at the earliest... I appreciate the effort, but isn't this a bit premature? Though it also speaks volumes of the game, it looks to be an absolute masterpiece.

Must... not... get... hyped.

Seriously, this game is years away. 2018 at the earliest... I appreciate the effort, but isn't this a bit premature? Though it also speaks volumes of the game, it looks to be an absolute masterpiece.

It's a thread that can be updated as they sprinkle more info since it seems that they won't do anything major until the game is close to release.

It hurts that the game is at minimum 2 years away though

Hopefully there's a class that works similar to magic. I would assume the tech based classes would be the closest.

Aru

Not a fan of the Witcher series, so I hope it plays nothing like it. I want this game. We should have more futuristic RPGs.

Thanks so much for putting this thread together. Really enjoyed reading through that.
My imagination is going wild for this game. This has to be the game I am by far the most interested in. It really looks to be my dream game. The wait is going to be a horrible one.

Disgraced

I will be overjoyed if there's a quest involving the supernatural. The only thing cooler than cyberpunk...

...IS CYBERPUNK WITH SATAN

giphy.gif
HcVuq6C.jpg

zD8d2Ir.jpg
XakDVis.jpg

SYNTHESIZE, YOU DORPHED UP STREET HANGERS
AND THROW UP YOUR HORNS FOR THE ELECTRIC DEVIL

ZkYipvF.jpg
TXy1tf7.jpg

hMu9nEG.jpg

I feel like CDPR kinda did a shoutout to Cyberpunk 2077 with this here. Not a big one but seems too fitting. Maybe I'm imagining.
That's the shoutout we were referencing. Because they already hinted at her having been in that world, it'd be neat to have another little reference or two to confirm it the other direction.

Top Bottom