• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daigasso! Band Brothers P |Import Discussion| Project Iwatoid P

Lookie401

code can still be inputted within the game for 100 tomatoes. seems that i only have til 08/2015 to use them all tho.
Yeah, tomatoes "rots" by the end of the 5th month. No matter what day you redeem/buy tomatoes, be the 1st or 28th/29th/30th/31st, it count as the first month.

kubus

Oh my god this sucks :(
I still had 68 tomatoes from my 100 tomato code but because I wasn't allowed an internet connection for my 3DS in my dorm, I wasn't able to buy songs in time.

Finally fixed internet on my 3DS by buying my own router, and started the game. I was totally surprised to see that I still had 68 tomatoes! Yay! I tried going to the shop but apparently I needed a software update first. So I did that, opened the game again, and....

Tomatoes are gone :(

This system is so unfair >_< Why make them rot anyway?!

/rant

Lookie401

Someone here said it's something about the law in Japan where companies have to pay fees/taxes to maintain "fake currency" that last for more than 6 months. That's the reason why tomatoes expires at the end of the 5th month. Correct me if I'm wrong.

im sure everyone here is good on tomatoes, but play-asia has this game for 17.99US. according to calculations thats 200 tomatoes for 36$ plus tax and shipping. i put in an order for a copy of DQ Theathrhythm, so i already have shipping and stuff handled. anyone else buy multiple copies of the game just for the 100 tomatoes?

kubus

Someone here said it's something about the law in Japan where companies have to pay fees/taxes to maintain "fake currency" that last for more than 6 months. That's the reason why tomatoes expires at the end of the 5th month. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ahh that would explain why they're doing it. 6 months is kinda fast though :/. At least make it a year!

im sure everyone here is good on tomatoes, but play-asia has this game for 17.99US. according to calculations thats 200 tomatoes for 36$ plus tax and shipping. i put in an order for a copy of DQ Theathrhythm, so i already have shipping and stuff handled. anyone else buy multiple copies of the game just for the 100 tomatoes?

They should really lower the prices of tomatos. The retail version of the game costs about $11 new on Amazon Japan with 100 tomatos included, while buying 75 tomatos in-game still costs ~$23. I can understand why people wouldn't bother with in-game transactions and just order new copies. Actually, I think I'm gonna do just that :p.

Ahh that would explain why they're doing it. 6 months is kinda fast though :/. At least make it a year!

They should really lower the prices of tomatos. The retail version of the game costs about $11 new on Amazon Japan with 100 tomatos included, while buying 75 tomatos in-game still costs ~$23. I can understand why people wouldn't bother with in-game transactions and just order new copies. Actually, I think I'm gonna do just that :p.

wow. 11??? i need to learn how to order on amazon.jp

Somehow the current tomato prices are higher than when I last updated the OP. You'd think that with the value of the game declining (and hence the value of those 100 tomatoes included), they microtransaction price would also decrease. Maybe it's actually dictated by... yen value? Or something?

Anyways, yeah, buying multiple copies for cheap tomatoes is definitely something people do, though I haven't done it because there weren't all that many songs above the packed-in 100 I was itching to get all that much, and I'm fine with paying for tomatoes as I need them.

Dingens

yeah, I absolutely did that... like 3 times? but I bought them from amazon.jp. was well worth it though

btw, anyone here still active? I'd like to give the multiplayer a go once in a while

JKTrix

I imagine some of us are getting Rhythm Heaven, maybe we can have a session while waiting for that to unlock too

I'll be at work crying about not being able to play Rhythm Heaven for 7 hours when Rhythm Heaven unlocks, lol.

6 PM to 12 AM EST (aka about 6 to 12 hours from now, for time conversion purposes) are best for me on weekdays, and I should be free most reasonable hours on weekends.

Alright, I'm good to play for a while, lemme know if anyone's game.

The person who originally signed up for it is banned, so now I'm making it, lol. It'll go up a few hours before the game unlocks.

You're awesome slammer!! Please include as much text translation/navigation to the good stuff as possible.

Dingens

this weekend is unusually busy on my end... every other day would be fine
the time differential problem remains though

edit: how about next weekend...
I'd be able to play on Friday evening (as in Friday morning for you) and probably Saturday morning (Friday evening/night)

JKTrix

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/kxsj/index.html

Band Bros P Debut - a downloadable version of the game for 200 yen. From what I understand by skimming, it comes with 9 songs but no edit mode and no extra tomatoes. Unlike the free app that lets you play multiplayer only, this'll let you do everything the full version does (purchase songs and play offline, character customizaiton/progression, etc) except editing.

To be honest if they released this version alongside the full base game, I might have just gotten this instead (and I just picked up the physical version a couple of weeks ago). Don't really use the edit modes myself, though the extra tomatoes were nice...

Oh boy, that sounds excellent. I'm surprised it's not free-to-start, but I'm happy to pay 200 yen anyway. I've been meaning to pick up the game for ages now, especially given its cheap price at most retailers, but I've been too lazy to do so and couldn't be bothered to deal with tomatoes.

Will pick this up as soon as I can, could someone elaborate how buying songs works on both versions? I'm a bit confused about Debut now that Tomatoes don't exist anymore. And I read somewhere that the free songs (Splattack from Splatoon and something from Animal Crossing) are only for the original version of the game.

The online song listing has also been merged with the Suppon site. Haven't really messed around with it too much to see what's new, but at the very least you can now listen to the radio shows online.

Also, the Splatoon theme is available as a free download from the Radio Shop. Seems there's a bunch of other stuff that's been added since I've last checked like Pikmin outfits, a free Captain Toad track, and GUMI music videos.

Every time I think the game is dead, a big update gets pushed out, lol. Pretty surprised that, despite being relatively unpopular, the game is still getting this level of support over a year and a half later.

anyways let's play sometime. for real. i mean it, dammit!

Dingens

[...]

Every time I think the game is dead, a big update gets pushed out, lol. Pretty surprised that, despite being relatively unpopular, the game is still getting this level of support over a year and a half later.

anyways let's play sometime. for real. i mean it, dammit!

I still don't understand why it is so unpopular... it's way better in pretty much any regard... except for the tomato thing ofc.

y, let's play... after I got to finish my last exam (next week Wednesday)

JKTrix

The site update broke all the old links D: but the IDs are the same so it seems you can swap out the numbers at the end of the old URLs to use on the new site.

Lookie401

The debut version is the same version that was offer to full user for free to give out to "friends" via download code...but with some different introductory song track.

200 yen isn't bad but like someone said you can buy the full cart version cheap and it include 100 tomatoes.

In addition to the FE if track that's available today (I believe), starting tomorrow, Team Shanghai Alice (Touhou) and Fire Emblem tracks are going to be available for creation starting tomorrow, according to this. Guess I'd better purchase some tomatoes, lol.

Dingens

In addition to the FE if track that's available today (I believe), starting tomorrow, Team Shanghai Alice (Touhou) and Fire Emblem tracks are going to be available for creation starting tomorrow, according to this. Guess I'd better purchase some tomatoes, lol.

for real? oO
I got another 100 tomatoes code sitting around... but I'm kinda hesitant to use it yet

touhou was like the last major thing missing as far as I'm concerned
well that and a some other rhythm heaven stuff...
oh and dkc2! and... well if I think about it, there's a lot more missing :/

Spikey

Neo Member
The Fire Emblem track added is my favorite song from FEif. I love that I get it in my favorite rhythm game to play now too~! And free, to boot! Nintendo is trying to win a heart it has already won, but I won't complain. :p

for real? oO
I got another 100 tomatoes code sitting around... but I'm kinda hesitant to use it yet

touhou was like the last major thing missing as far as I'm concerned
well that and a some other rhythm heaven stuff...
oh and dkc2! and... well if I think about it, there's a lot more missing :/

for real
as an aside i really enjoy seeing people rush to create a popular song and have a bunch of versions of it go up at once

Also there's actually already a DKC2 medley available, though it only comes with the Dixie Kong outfit, which costs 5 tomatoes.

So, is tomorrow a good time to play for everyone?

Dingens

for real
as an aside i really enjoy seeing people rush to create a popular song and have a bunch of versions of it go up at once

Also there's actually already a DKC2 medley available, though it only comes with the Dixie Kong outfit, which costs 5 tomatoes.

So, is tomorrow a good time to play for everyone?

if by tomorow you mean "today", than yes, today, or rather tonight is fine by me (11pm utc+9) here
or tomorow morning, which would translate to ~10 am utc+9)

also: ha! for bad apple being the most requested song :D
http://9129suppon.com/ranking/request/
are you actually allowed to submit it yet?

edit: well, it's "tomorrow" and I'm here
edit2: I guess that means tomorow morning than... I hope I can make it -_-

bad apple has been most requested since launch, lol. it's not even the right song iirc.

and yeah, i'm game now, dunno if you're good. sorry, i work weekdays, so i won't be able to play during evening for you.

Dingens

bad apple has been most requested since launch, lol. it's not even the right song iirc.

and yeah, i'm game now, dunno if you're good. sorry, i work weekdays, so i won't be able to play during evening for you.

well I kinda overslept, but I'm here now...
got some easier way of communicating maybe?

Two more Nintendo music videos have just gone up, Ashley's Theme from WarioWare and the Squid Sisters song from Splatoon. For some reason the former is 5 tomatoes???

well I kinda overslept, but I'm here now...
got some easier way of communicating maybe?

Uhhh... what do you have in mind? It seems like weekends might just work best, if you (and other people!) are available then.

Anyways, yeah, buying multiple copies for cheap tomatoes is definitely something people do, though I haven't done it because there weren't all that many songs above the packed-in 100 I was itching to get all that much, and I'm fine with paying for tomatoes as I need them.

Just want to make sure before I do it, but this means I can purchase a second copy of the game and redeem the 100 tomato code on my original game?

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I never would've thought to do this. Now I might actually grab that Mario outfit specifically for the medly without feeling bad about spending 5 tomatoes.

Dingens

I probably should by a 4th copy before they go up in price again...
I wonder if there is any expiration date attached to them...?

I downloaded a few songs that mentioned including Vocal parts but when I went to play them I noticed that there were none. You couldn't play nor hear any vocals. Do these require a seperate download? Or do I have to do something to unlock them? Any info is appreciated.

Lookie401

You need to go to the recording section on the main menu. There you can select (a) song(s) and vocaloid (original, you, purchased artist or friends) to record.

Note to Debut version: You need to pay tomatoes to unlock this feature.

You need to go to the recording section on the main menu. There you can select (a) song(s) and vocaloid (original, you, purchased artist or friends) to record.

Note to Debut version: You need to pay tomatoes to unlock this feature.

Thanks! I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow!

oh cool more reason to not use random select in multiplayer

Does it say how long they'll be available for? I'm away from my 3DS for around a week.

Top Bottom