• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daigasso! Band Brothers P |Import Discussion| Project Iwatoid P

Shurayuki

How do you actually search and find the tracks listed here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/anej/contribution/index.html#1

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Well what are you trying to do with it?

It's a list of all the Nintendo music that users are allowed to create, so naturally not everything will actually exist.

To find the ones that do you can use the usual methods:
* search for the game title (ソフト名 column) or track title (楽曲タイトル) as part of the songtitle (曲名) in the normal web search or ingame
* search for 'Nintendo' as the artist (アーティスト名)
* search for the song code ingame (作品コード)

tweder

Neo Member
Hey again guys,

I just wanted to give you guys an update on how I am able to play. I want to be able to play in the group next time there is a get together.

I bought the game several months ago, and I am playing it on my American 3DS using the Gateway system to do a region unlock. I was sad to find out that I couldn't download any new songs without being able to connect to the Japanese e-shop and download the latest game update.

Someone on another forum made it possible for me to install the 2.0 update through other means, and I was super excited to get online and redeem my tomatoes. I am able to connect to the shop, but I am unable to redeem my tomatoes using my code nor am I able to buy new tomatoes. Maybe something went wrong with the update, or that it is attached to another cartridge, or something. The important thing though, is I can play online!!

Playing online is super fun! I am happy to be able to play new songs at least once with each time I play online. I feel really bad that I make people play the default songs when they have to have me in their band. Haha. I have noticed that the more people I play with, the less likely we'll play some of my crappy songs. There's only so much I can play Starlight. Haha.

I am guessing that I have to register a friend code in order to play with the group next time. Anyone have any tips on how I will be able to join up?

Really, we just sorta play whenever, about once a week or so. Someone will post in the thread saying they'll want to play, and we'll try to figure out a good time so we can get the maximum number of people (aka 2 or 3). And then we normally do chatting and any necessary friend code sharing here (maybe one of these days we should make our own room, lol).

Maybe we can try to get a game going tonight, if anyone else is around? I should be good for tonight, at least.

kubus

I also would love to join sometime but timezones are making it very difficult. Everytime I see this topic being bumped it's at an inconvenient time for me, or I'm already too late.

Ah well, sooner or later the timing will be right, I'll be able to join and you will all have to suffer as I play your songs horribly because I suck! :D

Lookie401

Someone on another forum made it possible for me to install the 2.0 update through other means, and I was super excited to get online and redeem my tomatoes. I am able to connect to the shop, but I am unable to redeem my tomatoes using my code nor am I able to buy new tomatoes. Maybe something went wrong with the update, or that it is attached to another cartridge, or something. The important thing though, is I can play online!!
I think even though you were able to play the game on your US/North American 3DS, your 3DS setting isn't set to connect to Japan eShop. So it can't access something that's only available in Japan...sadly.

I'm free right now so maybe we can have a session?

Zornica

Banned
I'm here till 7 hours from now.
(same goes for every day = 7pm local time till 2 am)

edit: oh shit, I just remembered, my wireless lan provider moved out 2 days ago so I can't play. I need to wait for my dongle to arrive -_-

Spikey

Neo Member
Does anyone know if you can play songs you've made yourself online with friends or randoms? I'm currently working on recreating an Ace Attorney medley I had in DX in P so that I'd have it there. Would suck if it's something only I could personally enjoy though... >.<

Zornica

Banned
yes, you can. Which also means that you can force others to play unfinished stuff...

anyway, I think I should be able to play again, starting tomorrow!

fucking rolling at the vocaloid trying to sing dancing in the moonlight, this is amazing

God I wish there was a way to share these so that we can play them locally and record vocals and whatnot.

Spikey

Neo Member
Well, I couldn't play my song with randoms, unless there's a step I'm missing? Probably just online with friends and local only then? In any case, I'm super happy to have an Ace Attorney song in this game now, even if it did take like 8 hours to recreate it painfully by hand... x_x

I do hope via homebrew or something someone makes a DX -> P song converter or something to inject them into the SD card. Just wishful thinking as something like that is unlikely to happen any time soon, but I *really* want more songs than what licensing permits to be bought.

Playing songs you've created that haven't been officially approved is only for local and friend play, yeah.

With 3DS homebrew picking up steam nowadays, I guess something like that isn't out of the question now. I'm sure Nintendo will try to take action to prevent it considering it could also be used to get songs available for purchase, though...

Zornica

Banned
well... I'm here. like always

btw... how slim are my chances of ever getting bad apple!! as a download song? :(
which sites did I have to check again? there were like 3, right?
could you add them to the OP?
also the "Wiki" please ;)

btw... how slim are my chances of ever getting bad apple!! as a download song? :(
which sites did I have to check again? there were like 3, right?
could you add them to the OP?
also the "Wiki" please ;)

Er... 0%, lol.
Here's the info about allowed song submissions and here's Shurayuki's translation.
I still haven't figured out how to find a way to determine whether or not it's allowed from these sites at a glance, so I've just stuck with trying to submit a song using the JASRAC/JRC code I'm checking and seeing if it works.

And here's the Wiki.

Anyways, just woke up, and I'm good to play for the next 12 hours or so.

Lookie401

I wonder if anybody know this question: Can you redownload all your purchased songs (and music videos and vocoloid) if, let's say, your (micro) SD card got corrupted or something?

I ask because the game only connect to the eShop for tomatoes. How does Nintendo server keep track on what you purchase in the game? I'm always keeping a backup of my SD card to the computer every week.

Lookie401

So, not sure if anybody is interested in the latest homebrew scene but looks like it's easy to dump any of your downloads and user created file and share it. This could lead to sharing custom songs (aka songs not allow on the server; good) but it also mean sharing songs you purchased too (bad?). I'll look more into this if I get my hands on some...necessary tools.

Well, good for archival purposes at the very least. Servers won't be around forever.

Issue is that I plan on keeping my 3DS at the most updated firmware so I won't get to reap the rewards, but that's okay, wasn't like I was expecting to be able to. If anyone plans on making use of that, maybe we can play some of the songs they get online. Better than nothing.

Zornica

Banned
yeah, I wasn't planing on using homebrew either. really no need atm.

btw: how about a jam session "tonight", about 8 to 11 hours from now?

While I'm waiting for my game to update, Ver. 2.1 evidently came out about a week ago. (Along with Ver. 1.1 of the Debut version which adds all the same stuff)

Added Player mode, which sounds like a music player. You can make playlists of your songs and have them playback.

You can record vocals for multiple tracks at once, and have different artists record different vocal sections of the same track.

You can play Guitar Mode with face buttons instead of D-Pad.

New hairstyles!

... or so it seems. I'm still waiting for the update to go through so I certainly can't say for sure!

Spikey

Neo Member
I'm unsure whether I want to update my 3DS's firmware from 9.2 and thus losing access to homebrew on my n3DS so I don't have 2.1... x_x I really want to update seeing as how my Japanese 3DS is mostly just my Daigasso machine anyways, but... the homebrew possibilities... >.<

Zornica

Banned
if you want to jam with the band, you've got to update.

speaking of, I'd be available tonight from now till around 7 hours from now

Lookie401

I'm unsure whether I want to update my 3DS's firmware from 9.2 and thus losing access to homebrew on my n3DS so I don't have 2.1... x_x I really want to update seeing as how my Japanese 3DS is mostly just my Daigasso machine anyways, but... the homebrew possibilities... >.<

Heh, I'm (kind of) on the same boat. I said to myself: if a certain company doesn't have IT ready by New Years I'm updating my JP 3DS LL/XL. I have an OG 3DS to do homebrew for that...though it's a NA/US version.

Zornica

Banned
Heh, I'm (kind of) on the same boat. I said to myself: if a certain company doesn't have IT ready by New Years I'm updating my JP 3DS LL/XL. I have an OG 3DS to do homebrew for that...though it's a NA/US version.

I don't see the point of using homebrew when you already own a jp and a non-jp model.. unless you are into some shady shit ofc.

JKTrix

While I'm waiting for my game to update, Ver. 2.1 evidently came out about a week ago. (Along with Ver. 1.1 of the Debut version which adds all the same stuff)

Added Player mode, which sounds like a music player. You can make playlists of your songs and have them playback.
Yeeeesss, finally. This is the mode that also lets you listen to music with the device closed, and you can change the arrangement style of the song playing (Jazz, Japanese, 8bit, Piano, Horror, etc...)

I don't remember if the previous games' playback modes let you do this, but you can hit the shoulder buttons to do next/previous while the system is closed. There's a button within the interface to 'lock' the L and R buttons so that they don't do anything if you prefer that.

As far as playlists go, if you've been labeling songs with the various stickers, they will automatically be in a respective playlist with those stickers. There are also 20 slots for you to create other playlists. Good stuff.

I have 16 tomatoes about to expire...guess I should look for new stuff to download

I never messed with the player in DX, but... the arrangement styles are really cool. I could probably spend a lot of time just messing with those, lol.

Is there much else in the way of features from the earlier games still unaccounted for? It's pretty neat that over a year out of the game's release, we're still getting major updates like this (as well as livestreams and fan events still going on). It's nice to see Nintendo and IS's commitment to supporting the game, even if it wasn't the biggest financial success.

Zornica

Banned
I've bought 3 retail copies, I've done my part in supporting the game.
Although I kinda wanna see what would've happened if the game was more successful

btw: can you recommend any midi tools?
I'd like to create a certain song, but I lost access to cubase -_-

Lookie401

I don't see the point of using homebrew when you already own a jp and a non-jp model.. unless you are into some shady shit ofc.
I'm using it mostly for emulation. As much I love to give Nintendo my money I can't see myself paying twice for the same VC games on the Wii U and 3DS...but I digress.

I'm just saying homebrew for Band Brothers P will open up a website of user created songs like it did to DX.

Is there much else in the way of features from the earlier games still unaccounted for? It's pretty neat that over a year out of the game's release, we're still getting major updates like this (as well as livestreams and fan events still going on). It's nice to see Nintendo and IS's commitment to supporting the game, even if it wasn't the biggest financial success.
I think the only thing missing from DX is the "free play" instruments and tidbits.

btw: can you recommend any midi tools?
I'd like to create a certain song, but I lost access to cubase -_-

I used Anvil Studio to open up MIDI files and check out each instrument's part. I'd imagine pretty much any MIDI editor should do.

If you're talking about composing or creating MIDI files, or anything like that, that'd be something I have no experience at all in.

Lookie401

I used Anvil Studio to open up MIDI files and check out each instrument's part. I'd imagine pretty much any MIDI editor should do.

If you're talking about composing or creating MIDI files, or anything like that, that'd be something I have no experience at all in.
Anvil Studio do that too. :p

I used to use this program called jazzmidi but I think it only work on XP. Right now I use this app called Music Studio on iOS. Don't know if there's one for Android device.

Zornica

Banned
I can't believe how hard it is to get my hands on a (good) midi file of this particular and really popular song...

frustrating... I wish my musician friends would help me with this ._.

btw: anyone awake and in the mood to play ?

edit: am I missing something here?
I've created the song, I've entered the lyrics, but somehow I can't get the loid to work?
ok.. found the correct button. let's see how much it sucks...

edit2:
well, how about today? I'll be here from now till roughly 12 hours from now

Zornica

Banned
I'm not sure how noticeable edits are.. should I just doubble post to let you know when I'm available? like right now for example.

Top Bottom