• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daigasso! Band Brothers P |Import Discussion| Project Iwatoid P

Zornica

Banned
btw... I bought New Love Plus a few months back, but some people on gaf claim that it is nearly unplayable.. I never bothered to ask why. but is is as good an opportunity as any..

Shurayuki

btw... I bought New Love Plus a few months back, but some people on gaf claim that it is nearly unplayable.. I never bothered to ask why. but is is as good an opportunity as any..

Cool,played it again for valentines, enjoy!

Eh well especially if you're starting new there's not really a lot to worry about. The issues were overblown a bit imo, mostly by people who heard about the issues and never played themselves.
The game was supposedly very buggy, but it seemed they came from the DS save transfer tool, if you started new it was mostly fine (I had one crash and the pocket-money-on-sunday-glitch which got patched, not a single problem since).

Oh look there's a wiki with most "bugs". What seems to happen most often is accessories etc not showing, users who play LP a shitton reported that but it never happened to me, in fact nothing of these ever did.

It's anything but nearly unplayable,as far as I'm concerned it's bug free now, and those that remain are purely aesthetic in nature.
(The game was made by a different team than the previous ones and many longtime fans chose to hate everything about it from the start. Konami even changed the gameplay in the patch to appease them but imo it's worse now, oh well ;_;)

#########################

02.19: Lapis Vocaloid download release postponed until "spring", aka Nintendo development hell lolol

Koppai

Damn still no info on this getting a NA release? :(

Every time I see this thread bumped I think it has...<_>'

Even if I were to import this, would the servers lock me out?

Shurayuki

Shurayuki

Also I completely missed it again, but Premium Inspection is available now too (for like a week duh).

You can choose Premium Inspection when submitting a song.

This will fast track your contribution to be judged in a timely manner and if it gets rejected, you get actual advice on what to improve.

Premium Inspection is in (daily) limited supply for now to judge how much it affects the workflow.
Staff doesn't work on weekends.

It costs 1 tomato.

---

It seems tickets are always sold out immediately though heh. Mail says "we're still in the red so I won't hire more staff for premium, if BanBra sells more I'll think about it", huh.
Always hard to tell how much of what Barbara says is real, but the general facts always seem to be.

About the "no change after mail recommendation", after further investigation it seems there are titles where it works and others where it doesn't.
Maybe they'll continue after all heh.

Huh, that Premium Inspection thing is actually a really good idea. I can't really say I plan on using it, as I'd rather download new songs, but still!

Speaking of which, only about a month left until tomatoes for first month purchasers expire... not quite sure what exactly I'm gonna do when that time comes yet... Guess I'd better hope a lot of cool songs show up before then!

edit: WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS

Shurayuki

So everything that's been happening.

Shigesato Itoi has put up a piece on BandBros on his newspaperblog 'Hobo Nikkan Itoi Shinbun' thingamajing.
If you want to find out how recording the office's weird voice, Mogi-san, goes with Professor Sakamoto (the NES head guy), check it out. It has pictures and videos and stuff.

calcngo6a.png

part 1 - part deux - part three final

To download the results of this, search for '&#21271;&#37202;&#22580;&#12288;&#12469;&#12459;&#12514;&#12488;&#25945;&#25480;edition'

According to the Professor, the 'Creating a tone-deaf Vocaloid' experiment was a big success!

&#9829;&#9834;&#9834;&#9829;

The offline meeting is coming to the Kansai region!
The second offline get-together will be held in Chiekouin/Kyoto on the fifth of April (04.05 Sat) at cafe-marble.
Tickets are 1000Y, Tickets can be reserved here, Up to 3 tickets can be ordered per person, max attendance 60 people.

Questions go to this mail address.

&#9834;&#9829;&#9829;&#9834;

The first All Night Suppon is on air!
The first episode of 'Ayasaki Yuu's All Night Suppon' is presented by and focuses on Seiyuu newcomer Ayasaki Yuu (18).

Contents:
  • Introduction
    Introduction of audition winner Ayasaki Yuu​
  • Jingle Results
    Results of the All Night Suppon Jingle Contest, Winner gets 100Tomatoes, finalists get 50 Tomatoes, Ayasaki gets 0 Tomatoes​
  • Hayaguchi / Tongue Twister
    Ayasaki's specialty tongue twisters, send in more​
  • Narikiri / Imitation
    This time she's a stapler, send in more​
  • Song Recommendation
You can send in comments, tongue twisters, imitations (animals, objects), marriage proposals to Yuu after the show (at you@1242.com).

So everything that's been happening.

Shigesato Itoi has put up a piece on BandBros on his newspaperblog 'Hobo Nikkan Itoi Shinbun' thingamajing.
If you want to find out how recording the office's weird voice, Mogi-san, goes with Professor Sakamoto (the NES head guy), check it out. It has pictures and videos and stuff.

calcngo6a.png

part 1 - part deux - part three final

To download the results of this, search for '&#21271;&#37202;&#22580;&#12288;&#12469;&#12459;&#12514;&#12488;&#25945;&#25480;edition'

According to the Professor, the 'Creating a tone-deaf Vocaloid' experiment was a big success!

beautiful
i don't really understand all the little niches of the voice effect sliders so more often than not i'll just end up with something like this and then laugh about how clever i am and then use the default voice

also will make animal noises for tomatoes

Zornica

Banned
a few f-zero x and zelda tracks are finally out:

This should be from "Silence", if I remember correctly. or was ist Sector Beta?
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/36202

Death Mountain (zelda)
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/36230

Wind waker ocean
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/36058

Wind waker island
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/35869

dragon rooster island (really fun to play)
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/35678

wind waker grandma
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/35672

Wind Waker Theme / credits
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/36760

Zelda dungeon theme
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/35675

Zelda TP Field theme
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147628590

Opoona? srsly?
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/37238

nintendogs? rly?
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147628592

Animal Crossing
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147628591

Star Wolf Battle - fuck yeah
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147628585

Yoshis Island
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147628589

I guess the rights for tracks from twewy aren't out yet?

I am sure we could use another version of the 1000 sakura trees
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/35152

also one of those.. I know I've heard this before
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/35183

http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/36581

chadi

Oh no... Got too busy with other games and I still got like 60 tomatoes that will be rotting soon. Time to go shopping! ^^

Shurayuki

Oh, are they actually turning 'blue' now? I'll need to check.

Pff you guys, I cut down on my initial list and have like 17 but yeah, like 150 songs I wanted back at the release. Scared to look now, really. Maybe I should just grab another 100 Tomatoes and cry.
(There's so much game music rolling in now, surely you can find a lot of stuff there)

At least, finally got around to recording all the songs I have...time to grab another 100 and start the process again! x.x

So, how do you even play this game *shiftyeyes*

JKTrix

Gotta say Shurayuki, really appreciate you keeping up with and translating some of the goings-on here. When I was browsing the radio thing I was confused about 'Ayasaki Yuu', but I saw then that you had already talked about it and where it came from. Such moe.

Shurayuki

Haha thanks, appreciate it. I really need to level up my japanese so it's a great opportunity.

They gave her a really cute avatar, too bad/thank god they're not selling her as a Vocaloid yet. They're not right? (it seems so obvious). Would have liked to at least see the pricing on Aoki Lapis before the tomatoes rot, oh well.

Seconding the appreciation, I wouldn't even know where to find this material, let alone have the patience to try to translate it. Definitely a big help~

And ugh, can't believe we're entering the last month before first month purchase tomatoes expire. Guess I'm lucky in that I'm about 2/3 of the way through using all of mine. Hopefully all the new Nintendo music will help me fill out the rest... but then what do I do if more songs I want show up after I'm all out? Ughhh so tricky, damn these tomatoes!

Shurayuki

Thank you! Actually most of the stuff is from the mails, thankfully the wiki archives them. The rest is from the suppon site event info.

Zornica

Banned
Seconding the appreciation, I wouldn't even know where to find this material, let alone have the patience to try to translate it. Definitely a big help~

And ugh, can't believe we're entering the last month before first month purchase tomatoes expire. Guess I'm lucky in that I'm about 2/3 of the way through using all of mine. Hopefully all the new Nintendo music will help me fill out the rest... but then what do I do if more songs I want show up after I'm all out? Ughhh so tricky, damn these tomatoes!

the game keeps track of your rotten tomatoes, right?
what if...
maybe that's because they save them, just in case the law gets changed and may give them back to you?

I got my game a few weeks after launch (mid december), so I should have till may, right?

Apologies as I know this isn't the best place to ask but I figured it was worth a shot. With Nintendo WiFi Connection going down soon it hit me: This means downloading songs for Band Bros DX will be ending. I still have like 80 free slots as I never really downloaded stuff just in case better versions came up. So now here I am with a couple months to go and no idea what to snag. Is there a resource online with recommendations? Preferable in English. I am particularly looking to snag any game related music. Any tips for searching?

only have two tomatoes left.

where do I buy more?

Waruwaru Trailer Center > Top Menu Option (&#12488;&#12510;&#12488;&#20489;&#24235;) > Top Menu Option (&#12488;&#12510;&#12488;&#12434;&#36023;&#12358;)

That should link you to the eShop where you can buy more tomatoes.

Apologies as I know this isn't the best place to ask but I figured it was worth a shot. With Nintendo WiFi Connection going down soon it hit me: This means downloading songs for Band Bros DX will be ending. I still have like 80 free slots as I never really downloaded stuff just in case better versions came up. So now here I am with a couple months to go and no idea what to snag. Is there a resource online with recommendations? Preferable in English. I am particularly looking to snag any game related music. Any tips for searching?

Sadly, I believe the Band Bros DX servers have been down since close to the launch of Band Bros P.

Shurayuki

Woops, I still had 62 slots open in DX.

Actually I just tried and I can get online.

the game keeps track of your rotten tomatoes, right?
what if...
maybe that's because they save them, just in case the law gets changed and may give them back to you?

I got my game a few weeks after launch (mid december), so I should have till may, right?

The screen where you buy tomatoes actually tells you how long you have until they expire, apparently mine are good until the end of april, yay.

Is the blue thing rotten tomatoes or tomatoes about to rot, can anyone with launch tomatoes that rot this month clarify?

Woops, I still had 62 slots open in DX.

Actually I just tried and I can get online.Is the blue thing rotten tomatoes or tomatoes about to rot, can anyone with launch tomatoes that rot this month clarify?

Whaaaaat are you sure? I could've sworn I had tried and it was down D:

And yeah, blue tomatoes are ones rotting after this month.

Shurayuki

Whaaaaat are you sure? I could've sworn I had tried and it was down D:

And yeah, blue tomatoes are ones rotting after this month.

Yep just downloaded a song.

Ah cool, well then they might not record rotten tomatoes in the first place or was there another statistic somewhere (too many menus and now i'm stuck messing with DX).
Not that getting tomatoes back is even a remote possibility in the first place, sadly.

EDIT: Since it doesn't seem like anyone knows an english place listing DX game music, all I can say is that the japanese DX wiki of course has a page with all(?) game music (and other categories as well ofc).

EDIT: Since it doesn't seem like anyone knows an english place listing DX game music, all I can say is that the japanese DX wiki of course has a page with all(?) game music (and other categories as well ofc).

Thanks for the link! I was able to get down to 50 free slots with basic searches in Japanese so hopefully this wiki will help me knock the rest out.

Shurayuki

Right, so not a lot was happening these days so there wasn't really anything to give updates on. Things started moving again it seems, so here it is!

To start with, the totally most important news is that I picked up a YUI score book. Now if only I had any idea of how to work this editor I could totally make those songs that are shockingly absent from BBP.
What ever happened to those teaching videos Nintendo, it feels like BBP sales performance hurt the plans they had for supporting it (no news regarding update, this kinda stuff not showing up).

~~~

Goods for the second offline meeting have been announced. T-shirts and stickers, no more pick-chains huh?! Too bad, pick-chains are cool.

~~~

Details for Aoki Lapis are out, they really tried to get her out before people's tomatoes expire it seems.

Uuh yeah, price will be 15 tomatoes, that is what, 750¥? Looking at the Yen price it doesn't seem that bad, but in tomatoes it feels expensive, funny situation. Dunno, the real Vocaloid is pretty cool, bit steep for something to just fool around with in BB but maybe if I pick up additional tomatoes after the 100 are gone.

~~~

Ayasaki Yuu's All-Night Suppon 2 is up (niconico)

Contents:

• Reaction to fan letters
    What school subject is Yuu good in?
    Yuu did so much studying in middle school that she couldn't study anymore in high school and doesn't have good subjects anymore. But she's totally good at music, so that's her pick.
  • Hayaguchi / Tongue Twister
    Ayasaki's specialty tongue twisters, send in more​
  • Narikiri / Impersonation
    This time she's
    an air-conditioner
    and
    a piggy-bank
    , send in more​
  • Song Recommendation
You can send in comments, tongue twisters, imitations (animals, objects, food), marriage proposals to Yuu after the show (at you@1242.com).

Thanks for the news, as usual! It really is sad to see that the sales didn't quite live up to expectations. It seems like Nintendo wanted to be really ambitious with this game, but I'm sure that not getting the reception they're looking for is discouraging. It at least ended up being one of my most played games last year and I've loved playing it, so I really appreciate all the support it's gotten so far. I hope that at the very least, we see the spring patch through.

Yeah, 15 tomatoes seems kinda steep for a Vocaloid in Band Bros. If nothing else, I guess it's something you can spend your tomatoes on as they're about to rot if no songs suit your fancy. Still, at the very least, it's a neat collaboration.

Shurayuki

Yatta! Nintendo said this week is Shura week, yaaaay! Huh what? You say it means crunch time in this context, and they said that because Barbara announced that they're working on content to spend your tomatoes on that's not music? Awww but BUT...

Yeah well, I mean stuff like the update is probably still on track in the timeframe they were thinking of, after all we're moving into springtime only now, but it feels like stuff they were planning to do was put on the backburner (patch shouldn't take that long with the staff they have in the first place though). If they're looking to add even more stuff with the patch they could just have split it up or smth. Oh well, as long as it hits sometime.

I wonder what they're talking about with the non-song related content, can't be just putting the finishing touches on Lapis.

In other news 'Glutamine's All Night Suppon 0(Zero)' is on the air. Glutamin is a niconico fan-favorite singer who is about to release his third album, or so they say on the suppon page. Don't really have time to check it out, guess girls now have something to gawk at too hehe.

People who attend the second offline meeting will get bandbra fire emblem music as gifts.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It's been about 3 months since I've played. What have I missed? D:

This game has gotten confusing to me. Is there any decent translation guide or american community for this game?

Shurayuki

Mwahaha hell yeah Babymetal all over this thing now Ijime, dame, zettai. Gimme all your Idol metal japan.

Update talk in the mail, probably coming soonish.

Haha the Offline Meeting menu is awesome, you say tomato I say tomahto:

Someone popular from NicoNico who does UtatteMita/Covers will do a live performance.

adding a story mode maybe?
or something...

I don't really remember how the DX one worked, can they pull that off without ondisc songs?
I mean some kind of unlockable shit would be cool just to keep you playing, you know, look at Miku/general music games. I like me some skinner box design.

It's been about 3 months since I've played. What have I missed? D:

This game has gotten confusing to me. Is there any decent translation guide or american community for this game?

You better start believing in Band Brothers P communities because you are in one...uhh yeah, this seems to be kinda the only one english place that actually talks about stuff (gamefaqs already dead on this one?!). What do you have trouble with?
You better make sure your tomatoes don't rot!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Mwahaha hell yeah Babymetal all over this thing now Ijime, dame, zettai. Gimme all your Idol metal japan.

Update talk in the mail, probably coming soonish.

Haha the Offline Meeting menu is awesome, you say tomato I say tomahto:

Someone popular from NicoNico who does UtatteMita/Covers will do a live performance.

I don't really remember how the DX one worked, can they pull that off without ondisc songs?
I mean some kind of unlockable shit would be cool just to keep you playing, you know, look at Miku/general music games. I like me some skinner box design.

You better start believing in Band Brothers P communities because you are in one...uhh yeah, this seems to be kinda the only one english place that actually talks about stuff (gamefaqs already dead on this one?!). What do you have trouble with?
You better make sure your tomatoes don't rot!

I bought the game on day one. When do my tomatoes rot?

Oh, also, how do you buy new voices? You guys mentioned a voice for 15 tomatoes or something? I haven't gotten any new voices... I just have mine, and it doesn't work for most of the songs. How do you get more?

Shurayuki

I bought the game on day one. When do my tomatoes rot?

Oh, also, how do you buy new voices? You guys mentioned a voice for 15 tomatoes or something? I haven't gotten any new voices... I just have mine, and it doesn't work for most of the songs. How do you get more?

If you bought it day one and redeemed the tomatoes, they'll probably run out by the end of this month. The counter in the top right should show the same number when it's red (your tomato balance) and when it's blue (rotting tomatoes) if I understand that correctly.
Alternatively you can check when they rot in the WakuWaku Trailer Center->&#12488;&#12510;&#12488;&#20489;&#24235; and the date will show when your tomatoes expire: year &#24180;&#12288;end of month&#26376;&#26411;.

The Aoki Lapis voice isn't available yet, it releases 3.28th. You'll probably buy it from an online radio channel similar to how the Barbara voice that was free for a while worked.
For downloaded songs you can always use the original voice (&#12458;&#12522;&#12472;&#12490;&#12523;, topmost choice) that was created to resemble the real singer while recording (Kyockefeller Center -> &#12524;&#12467;&#12540;&#12487;&#12451;&#12531;&#12464; to add voice).

Edit: v yeah I never played online so I don't really know how that works though ;_;

The other way to get new voices, I believe, is from playing online. After completing a 3 (or 4) song set with a group of people, you can choose to download someone's artist. I haven't done it before myself, but I believe you can then use that voice as an option when recording songs.

so your options are your own voice, a vocaloid, barbara, or random strangers online

Edit: v yeah I never played online so I don't really know how that works though ;_;

Surely once the patch is released you'll download all the sexy GAF voices

JKTrix

you can record voices? wat oO?
Your avatar (ostensibly) has your voice. A patch is supposed to come out that allows you to play online with your friends (right now it's only random). When you play online with people, you can 'recruit' their avatar, which includes their voice.

GAF voices.

Shurayuki

So the update is live everyone!

Friend Play is of course in.
There's a new mode called &#36938;&#12409;&#12427;&#21205;&#30011; where you can play songs along to videos playing in the background. Apparently the first video available will be Golden Bomber's 'Memeshikute' later today from radio shopping. A Zelda video was shown too.
(curated to be easy to play songs, aim for 80+ for all instruments to earn medals)
In online play encore's now are harder to achieve.
Buttons are displayed slightly differently over music now.

Radio Shopping will start later today (26th).

Seems like people in this thread are all over the place so hopefully we can find some times that work.

FC 2251-5304-3107

also my mii is my us mii with sd proportions and anime eyes please do not look at me like that

Koppai

I guess I will wait a few more months or until atleast E3 before I import this just in case they are planning on releasing it here. I don't know Japanese but have played lots of games, but complicated menus are a bother. I'm already having trouble with J-Stars Victory Versus lol.

I'm sure we will probably get another Nintendo Direct in May right considering the last list only went to May 30th, and according to that newspaper Tomadachi Collection is being localized. Is there any hope for Band Bros. P? :<

Being totally honest, a number of factors, like Band Bros P's lackluster sales, the performance of Jam with the Band, Vocaloid implementation, and the gimped sharing features in Jam with the Band, have me thinking that the odds of this game being localized are extremely small. The only way it would ever see localization, I think, is at the cost of a huge number of features and the support the Japanese version has. If the Tomodachi Collection rumor is true, then I suppose that makes the Vocaloid part of it less of an issue, though it's a more important aspect of Band Bros than it is of Tomodachi Collection.

So, in short, I really just can't see it being localized. Though I suppose stranger things have happened.

I think that the game is pretty import-friendly, though. Menus are straightforward and there's not really a huge amount you could potentially fuck up by messing around with them. The hardest part would be identifying songs to download, but that's really about it. Even with that, you could listen to radio stations to find songs you want without needing to know their name, or you can use the browser version of the song list to help you identify them. I don't think it should be much of a problem.

JKTrix

Licensing is probably the big hurdle. This particular aspect could change in a localization, but this game only had 4 songs on the cart. Everything else you had to download or make yourself. You can only download songs that they have licenses for, and newly created songs have to go through some kind of approval process. Managing that may just be too much work for the level of sales they can expect.

If they did miraculously localize it, you may want to get the Japanese version as well anyway, if you like Japanese songs. A localized version will be restricted to what music it will license, which will very likely not include the J-pop and stuff that sells this game in Japan.

I never played the localized version of Band Bros DX (Jam with the Band), but from my understanding, rather than the submission and download system used in the Japanese versions, it had a set list of songs you can download from online that were already licensed and created. I think something like that is the only way it'd see localization

I mean, something like that wouldn't be horrible, but it would be removing, in my opinion, the most interesting part of the game. So if you value the growing song list fueled by user created content or a Japanese list of songs, then yeah, I think importing is the only option.

Shurayuki

Uh, combo breaker or something ;P

The radio shopping is online.

For 10 tomatoes a piece you can download the Playable Movies &#36938;&#12409;&#12427;&#21205;&#30011; or whatchamaycallit. First up are 3 songs by Golden Bomber, a Zelda Field Music Medley and Fire Emblem Awakening.

Also the first Bite-Sized Song Creation Academy is up, detailing using the Vocaloid functions. It costs 5 tomatoes though, that kinda sucks, wtf >_>

I forgot what the 3rd movie was so I tried googling for it, now I don't know why Golden Bomber post pictures of them without pants on or on the toilet...but ehm...my life was happier before I knew that, so yeah. ;_;

My FC is in the GAF profile, who cares about Miis, I have a lady with cat ears, others I use are a Kodama from Mononoke-hime and a replication of an ant. C'mon ;P

Top Bottom