• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daigasso! Band Brothers P |Import Discussion| Project Iwatoid P

JKTrix

Nice, for 10 tomatoes a piece I will definitely get at least a couple today. I still have over 40 rotting fruits.

Don't really think I need the Vocaloid tutorial, but I guess I'll pick up some of the movies after I download some final songs. Some of them interest me at least a bit, so why not

Still need to figure out how to handle getting more songs after my tomatoes rot... Maybe I'll keep a list of songs I'm interested in purchasing and once the number reaches a certain threshold I'll buy tomatoes to get them.

also some of the golden bomber guys are freaky enough clothed

Shurayuki

Well they're a Visual Kei band so that's expected, they do seem to have a tendency to not wear clothes at all though so that's kinda troubling. (Google Images search for Golden Bomber is definitely NSFW)

Question is now how much AKB I'll have to search for google to "forget" that I search for naked men *cough*

You guys are bathing in tomatoes, maybe I should have jumped on that senbonzakura train lol.

Will the tax hike affect tomatoes? Better stock up on a few hundred before april then!

Hm, not sure what the deal is. I keep downloading the update, but when I try to launch the software it tells me to download the update and it is evidently still 1.1.

It's definitely downloading it, does the whole present thing and everything. Do I need to delete the 1.1 update first or something?

edit: i am a dummy and was evidently downloading some other 8 block file and i have no idea what it was. go figure.

edit2: Tried out the Fire Emblem video. It was as advertised. Not really much else to say aside from that I'm not sure whether or not the movie justifies the cost of 9 additional songs but if you want to kill some tomatoes, it'll do.

Dunno what the deal is with those presents... or whatever they are, when you press L/R on the video selection menu. Or the circles with each difficulty level on the bottom screen for each song. Hm.

Zornica

Banned
aw fuck just as i take the game out of my 3ds to play gccx3

gaf band when

asap
5000-2755-2639

I never played the localized version of Band Bros DX (Jam with the Band), but from my understanding, rather than the submission and download system used in the Japanese versions, it had a set list of songs you can download from online that were already licensed and created. I think something like that is the only way it'd see localization

I mean, something like that wouldn't be horrible, but it would be removing, in my opinion, the most interesting part of the game. So if you value the growing song list fueled by user created content or a Japanese list of songs, then yeah, I think importing is the only option.

you could also share songs and download user generated ones as well.

asap
5000-2755-2639

you could also share songs and download user generated ones as well.

oh oops

Anyways, I think I can play a really brief set right now if anyone's ready. Otherwise, I can play in a few hours.

edit: yeah actually now is a bit tight on time

I'll be able to play in maybe about 3 hours or so

JKTrix

ha, I was more concerned with going to sleep when I got home than doing anything else.

My code is 3239-3522-0438. Adding the 3 of you now

JKTrix

The power duo, Giga Kakusei
oqXYNAU.jpg

Yeah, sorry, I ended up getting caught up in other things last night. I'll see if maybe I'm able to play sometime today.

Any impressions of Friend Play? I guess it's probably pretty much identical to random play.

JKTrix

It was just the two of us, but it let us both pick a song, then 'shuffled' them in a box and pulled out one. Then you play the one song and go back to Song Select, if you choose to.

Maybe it lets you play more songs in succession if you have more people, or maybe it will just let you do a shuffle pick after every single song. It looks like it lets you just keep playing until you manually decide to leave, which is nice.

When you leave, you have the option to 'Scout' who you played with (the thing that lets you have their avatar+voice available to use in recordings), just like in Random Online, only it doesn't put you in that celebratory bar setting. And you get a group picture, as I posted, which you can save.

I'm gonna have to do this myself, but I recommend people tag the songs they like with the different stickers. You can sort through your stickers when choosing, which is very important! You don't want time to run out and have the game pick some awfully difficult song that nobody can play! (lol)

It also lets you choose songs that you've created yourself, whether or not it's been uploaded. Neat! Bring out your creations!

You don't want time to run out and have the game pick some awfully difficult song that nobody can play! (lol)

It also lets you choose songs that you've created yourself, whether or not it's been uploaded. Neat! Bring out your creations!

Or maybe I do~

... but I wouldn't want to subject people to my songs. Even I have limits.
Still, that sounds pretty handy for showing off and testing created songs.

Also still no random button for single player play :(
It's my one last request!

Anyways, I've added everyone who's posted so far, so I guess when I have some free time I'll see if I can get a game going.

Zornica

Banned
is there still no way to check which songs are actually allowed ingame?
I'd love to create a few golden sun tracks but I couldn't find any.
at least jasrac seems to own a few of sakuraba's songs.

I think the best way to check is to just create a dummy song and then go through the submission process up to the point where you enter the JASRAC code. If it gets you the name of the song then it's okay, and if you get an error then it's not allowed. Then you just exit the submission.

Zornica

Banned
I think the best way to check is to just create a dummy song and then go through the submission process up to the point where you enter the JASRAC code. If it gets you the name of the song then it's okay, and if you get an error then it's not allowed. Then you just exit the submission.

It wouldn't be a problem if I knew the name ;)
but I don't... at least not the original japanese name.

Oh, oops, heh.

I guess the best way to do it is find both an English and Japanese tracklist for the game's soundtrack and use those to help you figure out the title. You can probably also search the Japanese title on YouTube to double check whether or not you got the right name.

JKTrix

...5 tomatoes to download past episodes of All Night Suppon. Wow. You can listen to those things for free from people who have captured and uploaded them, which is a superior format because you can pause it at will.

I was about to buy the vocal tutorial thing that I won't even really use, but that kind of sucked the wind out of me.

Shurayuki

Haha things just keep happening now.

Ugh yeah that sucks, I mean they're gonna pay the people with that but ehh. You do get the song that was featured in the show buuuuut~

Oh and Lapis is up huh? The voice sounds great but they really should have her sing a sample or something.
And you get a song with her too...could have shown that off guyyyyys....

And a new Ayasaki Yuu Suppon, somebody better capture that ~.~

Zornica

Banned
you have to pay for the suppon show?
I gotta admit, I didn't pay much attention to the game since january due to university stuff...
do you only get a preview with the radio?
edit: oh... I see.
I guess it's time to re-record most voices with miss lapis

soo... concert tonight?

JKTrix

The current episode is free on the radio, but to download past episodes, you gotta pay the price. Or just find them on Niconico.

Zornica

Banned
anybody wanna jam?

btw Shurayuki, you NEED to use lapis with ki ni naru musume.

collecting continues...
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/40215 bravely in concert
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/40529 layton theme
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/39771 haruhi op
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/39638
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/41089 F-Zero X
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/41644 paradise lost

I wonder if Nintendo has plans for some kind of re-release... I just used the radio for the first time and it's quite apparent how much effort must've gone into it. It can't be cheap to keep all stations going for months - or are moderations recycled with new songs in between?
It would be really sad if they'd abandon the project due to low sales.
Also I wonder if the song output will sharply decline by the end of this month... When there are no "launch-tomatoes" left, I wonder how many people will pay to get some more.

i don't like this trend of f-zero x songs suddenly being approved
it means a bunch of cool stuff is going to be put up while i'm in poverty

Oh, and I think maybe I'll be able to play some tonight?

Thinking of importing a 3dsxl or even 2ds to the states...just for this(and eventually theathrythm curtain call). Where do I start? Can this be purchased through eshop? How many hurdles will I have to jump through? Any advice is appreciated.

Thinking of importing a 3dsxl or even 2ds to the states...just for this(and eventually theathrythm curtain call). Where do I start? Can this be purchased through eshop? How many hurdles will I have to jump through? Any advice is appreciated.

There shouldn't really be any hurdles at all. If you're okay with digital, picking it up from the eShop should be no problem, you can use credit cards from other territories, and it includes the same 100 tomatoes (the in-game currency) as the physical version. You'll have no issues accessing online features either.

As far as language barriers, go, there's really not much of one, except I would maybe advise being able to read Japanese phonetically so you can recognize songs, though that's not super critical. There are some kinda unintuitive menus too, but people in the thread could help you find what you're looking for if you have any problems.

Really, I think that's about it.

Zornica

Banned

keep in mind there is no japanese 2ds (yet).

hni_0005_jpgamyc1.jpg

who would've thought that you could actually upload pics directly through the 3ds browser?

edit: in case you are wondering, this is port town from f-zero x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KRlnJKIDU4

seriously? i looked at the FFT:CC 3dsLL on playasia.....ugh. $413...

Unless you really want a certain special edition 3DS, you can definitely find systems for cheaper. I got my LL for about $240 this past October and I have a friend who got the MonHun4 OG 3DS for about $200 just last week. If the model doesn't really matter at all, you can probably get a plain OG 3DS for about $150.

edit: in case you are wondering, this is port town from f-zero x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KRlnJKIDU4

Yeah, not sure why, but for some reason only SNES and GX Port Town music came to mind. I remember it now, though.

Zornica

Banned
seriously? i looked at the FFT:CC 3dsLL on playasia.....ugh. $413...

Unless you really want a certain special edition 3DS, you can definitely find systems for cheaper. I got my LL for about $240 this past October and I have a friend who got the MonHun4 OG 3DS for about $200 just last week. If the model doesn't really matter at all, you can probably get a plain OG 3DS for about $150.

Yeah, not sure why, but for some reason only SNES and GX Port Town music came to mind. I remember it now, though.

also play asia is probably not the cheapest option for hardware...

JKTrix

For those of us that bought the game in November, tomatoes will be expiring very soon! It's already April 1 in Japan (tomatoes expire on 3/31), so if you have any left you basically have until someone wakes up and pushes the button.

I still have 8 left, they haven't expired just yet :S

Shurayuki

For those of us that bought the game in November, tomatoes will be expiring very soon! It's already April 1 in Japan (tomatoes expire on 3/31), so if you have any left you basically have until someone wakes up and pushes the button.

I still have 8 left, they haven't expired just yet :S

Wait, it's the 30th right, I think you overdid your daylight saving time clock adjustment by a day! (31st/Monday in Japan)

You probably still have 'till Japanese midnight to use up tomatoes.

No april fools just yet!

midnight falls over japan
the hour of reckoning has come
or so I would believe but I can't really confirm that because I've spent all my tomatoes

All in all I would say I was able to gather a song list I'm pretty happy with. There's still some stuff I was hoping would be created that hasn't shown up yet, but I guess I can always purchase more tomatoes if I feel strongly enough.

Sinople

I forgot about the time limit and realized yesterday evening I had to use my 96 tomatoes left from day 1 in a couple of hours >_<'
Fortunately I was able to download 84 songs before the end.

Shurayuki

Oh god, tomato warning for me, time is ticking now haha.

Barbara mentioned something about band recruitment for something later down the line and that people should prepare playing with the new friend feature and stuff. Ya ready for fame GAF brothers and sisters.

[April Fools]
New announcement on the radio, you can become a sponsor of Suppon Radio now for 9129 tomatoes. Like normal hit the download button at the bottom of the broadcast. Radio shopping is hitting full swing finally.

I guess it's a bit late now but uh, it's not like I'm into classic music but my beloved director Shunji Iwai is really into Debussy and I just fell in love with a few of his pieces. Someone put up Arabesque, it's probably a bit hard (hey I suck) but check it out yo &#12380;&#12402;&#35211;&#12390;&#12415;&#12390;&#12397;~
Someone do Clair de Lune m(_ _)m (edit, haha of course it already exists, but the DX versions kinda don't stand up to the new stuff)

gah... this fucking game is killing my d-pad...
It's kinda wobbly all of a sudden

Mario Party Syndrome eh? That'd suck since the device is so much more expensive than a controller though, dangerous!
The tiny amount of actual play I snuck in I just played the guitar parts. Had to go to expert difficulty to get a similar feeling to playing a guitar, because that uses the d-pad to simulate using the left hand for fretting notes. I get like 60 points all the time because of that (well my inability to play) but whatever, SHREDDING BRAH.
Not enough songs have guitar input parts ;_;

Ah actually about the Lapis and Ki ni Naru ano Musume, that actually makes a lot of sense. Lapis is reportedly really good with high pitches and Soutaiseiriron go pretty high, gotta figure out more high pitched singers then for songs she would go great with.
Man I probably have to pick her up, although I really could use the 15 more songs. Decisions Decisions.
(I think Lapis would go well with Otsuka Ai songs too, she's often high pitched)

I forgot about the time limit and realized yesterday evening I had to use my 96 tomatoes left from day 1 in a couple of hours >_<'
Fortunately I was able to download 84 songs before the end.

Whoa that was cutting it close, but good thing you realized in time. The 10 items per cart thing is a bit annoying, not sure why shops keep doing it (psn too).

Dunno what the deal is with those presents... or whatever they are, when you press L/R on the video selection menu. Or the circles with each difficulty level on the bottom screen for each song. Hm.

Oh yeah and because I glossed over it, you probably figured it out in the meantime (and I don't know specifics because I don't have a video) but you can unlock Medals and Pictures by doing well in these videos. The way I understand it clearing stuff with over 80 points will get you the goodies.

Zornica

Banned
Barbara mentioned something about band recruitment for something later down the line and that people should prepare playing with the new friend feature and stuff. Ya ready for fame GAF brothers and sisters.

piece of cake, we already got 2 robots on our team!

and I learned the drum part for &#21315;&#26412;&#26716;! I only miss like 100 notes out of 500 :D

Shurayuki

piece of cake, we already got 2 robots on our team!

and I learned the drum part for &#21315;&#26412;&#26716;! I only miss like 100 notes out of 500 :D

My excuse for being completely unable to play BandBros is that the L/R buttons on my DSLite broke so I could never even play anything but beginner difficulty.

Never tried the drum mode looks crazy, are you playing with normal mode input? Drum mode just screams "please rip-off 'Taiko no Tatsujin", Nintendo probably didn't want to piss them off lol.
Drums ain't ma thing, carrying the rhythm is just...too much responsibility, also to quote my eternal idol-love Takahashi Ai: &#12522;&#12474;&#12512;&#24863;&#12364;&#12394;&#12356;.
(100 misses out of 500 doesn't sound too bad, I get smth like that on Rocksmith all the time *bawling*)

that's not a very good excuse though... there is no need to use the l/r buttons for anything besides the expert mode. you can still play every mode up to professional without those

I guess it's time for another drum session...

No point in climbing a mountain if you can't get to the top ;_;
lol

Zornica

Banned
My excuse for being completely unable to play BandBros is that the L/R buttons on my DSLite broke so I could never even play anything but beginner difficulty.

that's not a very good excuse though... there is no need to use the l/r buttons for anything besides the expert mode. you can still play every mode up to professional without those

I guess it's time for another drum session...

Yeah, drum mode is not for me. I get easily overwhelmed in rhythm games when I have to manage multiple simultaneous inputs. Like, I can manage something like Taiko, but Bemami games overwhelm me, ahaha. Band Bros is okay because despite having shoulder buttons, they're just modifiers for face button inputs.

Top Bottom