• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II leads on PC, confirmed 60fps, 30fps on consoles "no drops", new engine

Hindle

Banned
They haven't shown that many locations when I think about it, which means so many levels and enemies are under wraps.

Ennoia

Banned
Holy shit holy shit holy shit

I see miracles.

Could someone translate them? One of them's probably lightning spear and another looks like karmic justice, but I have no idea about the others. It'd at least confirm which miracles are going to be carried over.

(Please not TWOP, please not TWOP, please not TWOP)

Magic

Soul Arrow——Soul Spear——Blast Soul Spear (New, Imagine Blizzard with Soul Spear version)

Magic Giant Sword (already showed in E3 demo)——Sweep (feels like Chaos Fire Whip)——Fire Ball

Miracle

Life Recovery (just like Replenishment)——Body Enhance (Power Within without Drains your HP)——Lightning Spear——Dark Orb

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Magic

Soul Arrow——Soul Spear——Blast Soul Spear (New, Imagine Blizzard with Soul Spear version)

Magic Giant Sword (already showed in E3 demo)——Sweep (feels like Chaos Fire Whip)——Fire Ball

Miracle

Life Recovery (just like Replenishment)——Body Enhance (Power Within without Drains your HP)——Lightning Spear——Dark Orb

Where's Second Chance ( ≖‿≖)

Really hope they also have no GFWL.

A PC version is completely pointless to me if it has it again. Online is such a huge part of the Souls games and since GFWL never works without port, NAT or dropped connections, it's game breaking stuff. You literally lose a defining aspect of Souls.

I'd stick to the PS3 version if PC had GFWL - even with 60fps and better graphics, it might as well not even exist.

A PC version is completely pointless to me if it has it again. Online is such a huge part of the Souls games and since GFWL never works without port, NAT or dropped connections, it's game breaking stuff. You literally lose a defining aspect of Souls.

I'd stick to the PS3 version if PC had GFWL - even with 60fps and better graphics, it might as well not even exist.

Well the boxart released has no GFWL logo..

Furthermore I think GFWL was used in DS1 because it was a very lazy port and they wanted to make the minimum effort in their 360 -> PC conversion; GFWL probably helped a little in replicating XBL functionality as easy as possible.

This time that the game is leading on PC, I doubt they will go the same route.

Ushae

Banned
iYrqk0ehz965c.gif

So they have to develop an entirely new engine, for next gen?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, please don't do this FROM

Please !???!! :(

If it's available on PC, the code must be simple and relatively low cost to port over to next gen right? Guys I need some hope here.

la_briola

There are no signs of GFWL on the official website, but there is a big ass steam logo. Maybe its steamworks. :lol

kyubajin

I'm gonna buy the PS3 version day one but... I wonder if they'll release a PS4 version later with 60 fps... will rebuy it I guess. FROM deserves it.

Joeku

It would be great if they named a character in this Durante.

That dude brought a lot of life to a very fledgling PC version.

Orayn

Why not a next gen version?

Current plans for release were probably locked in before From Software had spent any/enough time with next-gen devkits. I assume next-gen versions are coming at some point, maybe for an expanded GOTY version like Prepare to Die Edition on PC.

So this should mean no delay for the PC version vs consoles right? Simultaneous launch?

Without a doubt, now that they're leading on PC.

60 fps, steamworks, praise the from

I'm sure the durante will be pleased

Maybe a weird, conflicted kind of pleased, since they may have copied his AO implementation from DSFix. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe a weird, conflicted kind of pleased, since they may have copied his AO implementation from DSFix. :p
hah, I noticed something like that in the videos myself. ssao is so weird, if it isn't super subtle it just looks awful imo.

Orayn

By the way, did From Software ever aknowledge Durante's efforts in any way?

Only indirectly, in acknowledging how much people wanted it on PC and admitting that the PC port could have been better.

...Or not so indirectly. Apparently Dark Souls II has ambient occlusion that produces exactly the same artifacts as the type Durante made for DSFix.

Fatbody

As much as I would love to be playing the game on my PC in 60fps, I'm still gonna settle for the PS3 version. The PS3 version has a pretty hardcore international community that goes back to the Demon Souls days. When I played Dark Souls on PC it felt like something was missing. Well maybe a lot of that had to do with GFWL dropping 9 out of every ten connections, but even when I did connect, there weren't any friendly Japanese folks willing to wait with me at a boss door for 30+ minutes until we got another player.

Ah, who the fuck am I kidding? I'll probably just get both.

zkylon

zkylewd
As much as I would love to be playing the game on my PC in 60fps, I'm still gonna settle for the PS3 version. The PS3 version has a pretty hardcore international community that goes back to the Demon Souls days. When I played Dark Souls on PC it felt like something was missing. Well maybe a lot of that had to do with GFWL dropping 9 out of every ten connections, but even when I did connect, there weren't any friendly Japanese folks willing to wait with me at a boss door for 30+ minutes until we got another player.

Ah, who the fuck am I kidding? I'll probably just get both.

yeah I hope steamworks helps to bring players together unlike shit gfwl

gfwl was my sole disappointment from the game

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Was cheating/hacking a problem on the PC version of Dark Souls? I'd like to move over for the next game, but not if online fairness is lost.

feel

60fps on pc is definitely the way to go.
120 or bust. IIRC Durante didn't care for 120fps when asked about it, so I assume he has a 60hz monitor and hasn't seen the light. 120hzGAF need to get some funds together and get Durante a 120hz monitor, he won't be letting the world settle for 60fps DS2 after he tries a game at 120fps.

Seance

Banned
I will be getting PC and 360 versions for this game. Only playing the 360 version when PvP becomes too sparse on the PC.

Smash88

Banned
Praise the Sun!

xlDYbhKl.jpg

I played Dark Souls 1 for the first time on PC and missed out on the craze when it first came out.

I can't wait to play it Day 1 without any sort of potential help the internet might have. Those Dark Souls wikis are vast sink holes.

As it should always be.

Yes for every game next gen hopefully.

Leading on the pc hopefully is the norm next gen, why develop with weaker consoles as the lead when you can get the most out of the game by pc leading.

Also lol at drinking oj from a snifter.

Top Bottom