• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III TRC Patch Notes (inc. PS4 Pro patch)

sviri

Many of your responses make me feel that maybe I don't expect enough from the people who make this game. I notice a huge difference.

Vasili2K38

Many of your responses make me feel that maybe I don't expect enough from the people who make this game. I notice a huge difference.

I would advise people to check themselves or wait to Digital Foundry, in my case I also see a huge improvement. Tested the patch in several areas, with fire, magic and fighting multiple enemies and I swear the game feels at least high 40s in the worst scenarios, and the majority of time 60-high 50s. I didn't have time to check online play, probably it'll be worse. In general feels almost a 60 fps game, at least for me in singleplayer, with no framepacing and far more responsive.

I would advise people to check themselves or wait to Digital Foundry, in my case I also see a huge improvement. Tested the patch in several areas, with fire, magic and fighting multiple enemies and I swear the game feels at least high 40s in the worst scenarios, and the majority of time 60-high 50s. I didn't have time to check online play, probably it'll be worse. In general feels almost a 60 fps game, at least for me in singleplayer, with no framepacing and far more responsive.

Well thats cool at least

If its a Tomb Raider:DE situation, I'm okay with that

Yeah just fucked around a bit , the game definitely feels smoother and I feel like it looks cleaner but that just might be my eyes playing tricks on me. But there is a noticable boost in performance. It's no scholar of the first sin but it's definitely better than what we had before IMO. Curious to see what the actual frame data is from DF.

lionpants

Started a new character to checkout the PS4 Pro patch.

- It looks a bit cleaner. Maybe better AA or something?
- Frame rate is now unlocked
- No capping option (sigh)
- Frame pacing is still broken
- Frame rate can definitely go higher now (50-60) but fluctuates so much (drops to 30-40) that it has ruined the game for me. Every time you move the camera it dips and pops back up. Constantly.

Such a disappointment. Hype for the DLC has dropped now and I just want to wait for a deal on the PC version so I can play it without the crazy framerate fluctuations.

I'm getting tired of these Pro patches that ruin games. (FFXV, now this.)

- Frame rate can definitely go higher now (50-60) but fluctuates so much (drops to 30-40) that it has ruined the game for me. Every time you move the camera it dips and pops back up. Constantly.

Such a disappointment. Hype for the DLC has dropped now and I just want to wait for a deal on the PC version so I can play it without the crazy framerate fluctuations.

ugh, nvm :(

Vasili2K38

Honestly, I dont think this is nothing comparable to FFXV juddering mess, but as I said, people should check themselves or wait to DF or similar. When I come back from work I'll test more and this weekend I'll play online with my brother, I'm very curious.

Just downloaded and as others have said this is now utter garbage. Frame rate is all over-the-top place and looks like a mess. Final Fantasy and now this. Two games ruined by utter laziness from the respective developers. Make no mistake about it, this game now plays better on the original PS4.

Joey Ravn

Banned

There goes my idea of getting this game on PS4 to Platinum it. I'll stick with the PC version (which I already "Platinumed" on Steam).

LOL at all the people who always clamor for a PRO patch from FROM. You really expect them to be good at this stuff? Come on...its FROM.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I actually preferred FFXVs high framerate version. Sure it wasnt a steady 60 but it still ran smoother than the other version.

If this is comparable to that Ill be happy (though it could always be better dont get me wrong)

Foxxsoxx

Looking forward to trying this out. Weird they don't have a resolution option also available but I was definitely hoping for a framerate patch as well. Glad it's there!

convo

LOL at all the people who always clamor for a PRO patch from FROM. You really expect them to be good at this stuff? Come on...its FROM.

Hopefully their PR guy can convey to From that people want what Nioh does, just point at a screen of that games options menu for Pro settings.

AmyS

What about turning on Boost Mode, combined with the patch?

I kid, I kid. I know it's already using PS4 Pro now.

But who knows, right ?.

Gbraga

Yeah just fucked around a bit , the game definitely feels smoother and I feel like it looks cleaner but that just might be my eyes playing tricks on me. But there is a noticable boost in performance. It's no scholar of the first sin but it's definitely better than what we had before IMO. Curious to see what the actual frame data is from DF.

No tricks, higher framerate improves the clarity of moving pictures, it's temporal resolution.

I'm rather impressed tbh. Seems far smoother and I'm not really noticing the obvious drops like I did with FF XV. Boost mode was a nice start but this is even better. Framepacing has never been a thing I even think about or notice so I'm not even commenting (ignorance is bliss eh).

Love how I can do four 2h R1 swings with FUGS now after patch. Nice coincidence I'm running my first pure STR character when the patch came out.

Top Bottom