• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Stanng243

It's rather frustrating dlc bought on the PS4 isn't free on the PS3. I got the PS4 showstoppers set, but it still wants 12$ for the PS3 version.

Eolz

Damn, didn't recognize you Shin, with once again a new avatar :p

And yeah, pretty dumb the DLC doesn't work both ways. It should, and that's a Sony/MS there.

Demoskinos

Yeah, I'll show up for 7pm lobby. Might have to eat dinner first if I don't get to it before then but I'll be there one way or the other.

RM8

Playing against the CPU makes me feel I'm just bashing buttons :/ The online update for the Steam version can't come soon enough, I want to fight against people who know what they're doing! :p

Eolz

Fun lobby yesterday, even if I couldn't stay long.
MGS, you really shouldn't take it badly when someone spams a move, it's usually giving you a chance to punish it.

3 videos from yesterday (I wish I recorded that Tina mirror match):
Bayman vs Phase4 (Shin) and vs Mila (Shin again), and Sarah vs Tina (Demos)
Got a bit better after some pretty bad weeks, trying to learn a bit Lisa on the side, but can't seem to find a good defense with her. Using a "the best defense is a good offense" tactic for now.

Demoskinos

Fun lobby yesterday, even if I couldn't stay long.
MGS, you really shouldn't take it badly when someone spams a move, it's usually giving you a chance to punish it.

3 videos from yesterday (I wish I recorded that Tina mirror match):
Bayman vs Phase4 (Shin) and vs Mila (Shin again), and Sarah vs Tina (Demos)
Got a bit better after some pretty bad weeks, trying to learn a bit Lisa on the side, but can't seem to find a good defense with her. Using a "the best defense is a good offense" tactic for now.
I really need to figure out some of those command throws with Tina that 3rd round I had won if I would have known the follow up commands for the grabs lol

Eolz

I really need to figure out some of those command throws with Tina that 3rd round I had won if I would have known the follow up commands for the grabs lol

Yeah, I saw you too often not following combo holds or not using throws after some combos. Tina is pretty versatile there, and her commands aren't too hard to remember (apart from some really big throws obviously).
It was harder when you were in turtle mode in some matches later on :p

Demoskinos

So this happened yesterday and I don't know why. I'm on the retail version (digital) and marie has a lock icon over her for whatever reason?

CDw8eeGUgAAytXI.jpg

Eolz

Yeah I have this as well (japan retail version, playing on an EU account). Looks like the icon they put on characters unlocked for 2 weeks or so in the Core Fighters version;
My guess is that they screwed up and have a server updating this on every version instead of doing on Core Fighters only.
Might also be why it always shows in the activity feed that I played Core Fighters. Wonder if it's an EU only issue as usual or not...

So we'll be getting another Halloween pack? Nice. There are usually a few great costumes in those.
I bought this game yesterday after realizing that it wouldnt be on sale for a long time. It generally runs really well, but I do get frequent lag spikes/fps drops (750 GTX TI, 8GB RAM, 3.2ghz i5). Maybe I used the wrong AA setting or something?
When I plugged in my old, beaten up EX2 arcade stick,the game recognizes the LT and RT buttons as the start and select buttons and vice-versa, for some reason. Anyone know how I can get the game to recognize those buttons correctly?
Also, I was really relieved to find out all the "rare" swimsuits can be unlocked just by completing Arcade more or Time Attack on any difficulty. Big time saver there.

Eolz

Cool, hoping we're getting some nice costumes and choices. There has been some really nice stuff in the past, but sadly not much for some characters.

I wish I could draw :p

Azuardo

Also serves as confirmation that there will not be a new DOA coming out this year.

People were expecting one? Next year possibly, but defo not this year.

I'd love to put something together, but yeah, I'm not a great artist, so would have to do it really basic lol.

ShinMaruku

I'm too goddamn lazy to actually put together a Phase 4 or Ayane outfit.

Open Lobby being streamed at www.twitch.tv/shinmaruku

Evening gaf lobby is pending on how much people want to play. :)

Next Team Ninja project to be released is a mixed bag, DOAX is being done as is Ni-Oh as well was probably NG4. I am hoping for NG4.

Azuardo

I might hop on tonight depending on the time. I have been out of this game for a while. Playing this alongside MKX was gonna mess me up so bad lol.

Eolz

Nice pad Demos.

And yeah, DoA6 was never going to come out in 2015 anyway, out of the window as soon as they announced LR. Can't see Ni-Oh ever being released too Shin :p

ShinMaruku

Those asshats keep saying Ni Oh is being made.
So who knows. It's something Koei likes.
Hayashi saying NG4 is coming in the Yaiba development diary

Working on Ps4 Exclusive

Line up of Ninja Gaiden statues announced

Ryu statue releasing in the summer near E3
From a Team Ninja fansite.

Azuardo

Yeah, you're likely gonna get that playing with me lol. It defo wasn't as bad as other times though - it was pretty good going over the lag we've had in the past.

Eolz

Didn't feel any lag apart from one match with Azuardo. Fun lobby.
Two matches of Sarah against Jacky and Akira (Kuksune). It was nice having a new opponent with a different playstyle.

I think I fell back into my old problem of trying to hold too much, and not blocking enough.

Kuksune

Yeah, you're likely gonna get that playing with me lol. It defo wasn't as bad as other times though - it was pretty good going over the lag we've had in the past.
How can it lag so much for you Azuardo?

Didn't feel any lag apart from one match with Azuardo. Fun lobby.
Two matches of Sarah against Jacky and Akira (Kuksune). It was nice having a new opponent with a different playstyle.

I think I fell back into my old problem of trying to hold too much, and not blocking enough.
Thanks for uploading some gameplay with me as opponent. I did many mistakes and dropped a few easy combos, will do better next time.

Top Bottom