• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

Skux

Tentacle-controlled skeleton soldiers.

Literal test tube babies.

And black goo everywhere.

I have no idea how Kojima is going to explain this.

4Chan leak.
DGmcujL.png
We were already given hints of Mads involvement before this was posted. This leak isn't concrete yet although I wish it was.
CqZaQ2wWcAAym8w.jpg

So there is definitely some sort of "other world" thing going on in this game right? As in another dimension or something interacting with our world? I wanna say Kojima sorta hinted at that before and this trailer sure gives me that sort of vibe

TheRed

Shiit if Iris Elba ends up being in this too I will be buying a PS4 Pro whenever this game comes out for sure.

So there is definitely some sort of "other world" thing going on in this game right? As in another dimension or something interacting with our world? I wanna say Kojima sorta hinted at that before and this trailer sure gives me that sort of vibe

Almost certainly! The initial teaser hinted at time travel, but it was rather vague (to state the obvious) but I would think that this game takes place in more than one setting as even Silent Hills looked to be a game with more than a single setting as well.

Well aside from the bio-mechanical stuff, we've got WW2-era planes mixed with soldiers who have modern gear, so there's some sort of weird mashup going on for sure.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The leak completely disregards this Del Toro character with the baby trying to not get caught by Skele-squad.

TissueBox

Very likely, theories regarding wormholes have cropped up in the past even. Who knows what it'll amount to in the end but the convolution potential is immense.

Compsiox

Banned
The strands provide energy from alternate universes. The energy was being used worldwide when suddenly the worlds collided due to overload.

The graphical jump from the e3 trailer is impressive. It's like seeing the same scene run on the ps4 and the pro version looks like an offline render with a bunch of extra effects added.

image_death_stranding-32159-3637_0004.jpg

8r0p3p.jpg

VanWinkle

Man, Kojima has an amazing eye for cinematic visuals. BEAUTIFUL trailer.

It's hard to accept those visuals as actually running real-time, but it was glorious anyway.

Almost certainly! The initial teaser hinted at time travel, but it was rather vague (to state the obvious) but I would think that this game takes place in more than one setting as even Silent Hills looked to be a game with more than a single setting as well.

Well aside from the bio-mechanical stuff, we've got WW2-era planes mixed with soldiers who have modern gear, so there's some sort of weird mashup going on for sure.

Very likely, theories regarding wormholes have cropped up in the past even. Who knows what it'll amount to in the end but the convolution potential is immense.

Yep and Kojima has referenced that the name of the game, and the reason we keep seeing these washed up marine life is a reference to something "being where it doesn't belong"

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Mads is awesome. No idea what the game is but I'm interested in it for sure.

No doubt, and i don't suspect the final games visuals will be this level outside of cut scenes, but its still phenomenal. These are the best character models I believe I've ever seen

Yeah well, I'm not falling for that again. Will wait for the technical analysis to hit. These things always have a way of backfiring in the end. Literal downgrade-gate bait.

BlondeTuna

I feel like they should have ended with this trailer. It was the most intriguing trailer of the show.

The fact that people are finding tiny details by analyzing each frame is just great.

So I have watched the trailer again and I'm having a hard time believing that what I'm seeing is running real time on the Pro. It. looks too good!

But then again, I thought the same when MGSV was revealed.

vivekTO

So the skeleton in this photo are using old weapon, sort of world war 2 era, and are old or back from dead, and the Mads character is using advance weaponary and controlling the dead ones.

like they bring back dead from war era to fight for them, Any thoughts guys??

120v

i'm guessing he "cords" have some kind of interplay with different "worlds" or gameplay modes, like the multiplayer aspect... wouldn't be surprised if in the main game you're norman reedus with ability to go through a Dark Soul-ish summon into a server with a customized character

Whoa, just caught something else I didn't notice originally. When the fake baby is floating down the corridor you can see the dark hand prints on the walls to the left and the right just like the ones that were on Norman Reedus in the original trailer

rCgc.png

Completely out there wackjob theory -

The cords/babies/Del Toro's head surgery mark are because the story is about brains/consciousness being taken out of the body and put somewhere else like remote control or the brain in a vat scenario

Yep and Kojima has referenced that the name of the game, and the reason we keep seeing these washed up marine life is a reference to something "being where it doesn't belong"

Maybe this is some alternate timeline where the Manhattan Project tapped into some alternate dimension energy and aliens basically took control. Hence why del Toro's button spreads out from NY and why the tech is WW2 combined with alien stuff. Perhaps Mads is some force sent back in time to try to stop it, or save the Promised One baby that ends up becoming you the player (Norman). Or maybe Norman already exists and Mads was sent to hunt him down.

kevin durand? basketball player? the fuck?
anyway watching the 4k trailer makes a huuuuuuge difference
and i think i agree with the theory del toro's a decoy for an announced character, that's why his name's not on the credits

Kevin Durand will be dunking HARD over those alien soldiers. Then after he dunks he will look at the basketball and a small baby will be inside. He knows he has to take it to safety...and thus his journey begins.

Top Bottom