• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

4Chan leak.
DGmcujL.png

Kind of wishing I didn't read this.

Looks cool as shit, bizarre, stupid too. I love it, I'm so glad Kojima is applying his talents to something a bit more horror-oriented here. And Mads Mikkelsen is a great get for him too.

edit: to hell with cumberbatch, keep him out of this game.

The same person just had more leaks today and said that
Gillian Anderson & Blake Lively will be part of the game and relates what role every famous actor will be involved in. Don't read it if you don't want to get spoiled (if the leak is true).

I call bullshit on that 4chan leak. Why? We already know how close Kojima and Del Toro are. He is constantly tweeting about The Strain and how much he likes Durand.
What a coincidence that that leak came up just a couple of weeks after Kojima tweeted those photos with Mads (at the time we didn't know it was him but somebody connected the dots with other pictures of him being around in London the same week as Kojima, etc) and the speculation began. Not to mention that around June, Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen and Durand took a picture all together (I believe it was on a Comic-Con?) and again, the speculation began (I remember that it was after the trailer reveal).
So, yeah. Bullshit. Anybody could made that given that much information/speculation. Besides, we've been trained by Kojima for years. At this point I don't think any of us are completely sane anymore.

Strimei

I'm honestly very curious about the rainbow you can see. That seems so out of place and odd given the sheer grime and gore and oil.

So it must have some reason behind it.

This trailer also reminded me that I missed the Guillermo Del Toro exhibit at the LA County Art Museum. I guess it ended Sunday. Fuck me.

robotrock

Banned
I'm honestly very curious about the rainbow you can see. That seems so out of place and odd given the sheer grime and gore and oil.

So it must have some reason behind it.

It's upside down so its a shit rainbow that perfectly matches all the grime and gore and oil

Just caught another little thing. When Mads character pulls those tentacle things back in from the skeleton soldiers the compass he is wearing starts spinning out of control. Some sort of reference to magnetism? Or maybe the character himself isn't fully connected somehow with our world and that's why it can't find a direction?

I call bullshit on that 4chan leak. Why? We already know how close Kojima and Del Toro are. He is constantly tweeting about The Strain and how much he likes Durand.
What a coincidence that that leak came up just a couple of weeks after Kojima tweeted those photos with Mads (at the time we didn't know it was him but somebody connected the dots with other pictures of him being around in London the same week as Kojima, etc) and the speculation began. Not to mention that around June, Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen and Durand took a picture all together (I believe it was on a Comic-Con?) and again, the speculation began (I remember that it was after the trailer reveal).
So, yeah. Bullshit. Anybody could made that given that much information/speculation. Besides, we've been trained by Kojima for years. At this point I don't think any of us are completely sane anymore.

We'll have 6 months to know if it's fake or not given that some of the new actors casted in his leak was not shown to be within vicinity of Kojima and there's no way he could've randomly guessed 2 actors correctly.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Maybe we get to see the second part of this trailer with the other leak characters on this Saturday's PSX.

So this game has Reedus and Del Toro in it too. I think it's possible that a lot of weird ideas he had for Mechanics for Silent Hills will end up in this game.

Platy

It will totaly be a spiritual sequel to Brutal Legend

you control your squad with the wires....

or maybe it is pikmin and Madds face is dirty because of the whole digging on the ground for more squad people

Doop

I just noticed that every single soldier on the bridge had a cord. So did the tank. Pretty creepy imagery all around. I am very very excited to see what the heck this game actually is.

Dalto11

Interested in what role this "United Cities of America" that Kojima has created will play in the game. Seems to be important enough for the Del Toro looking character to be wearing a badge for it, presumably an organization/company that the character works for.

The same person just had more leaks today and said that
Gillian Anderson & Blake Lively will be part of the game and relates what role every famous actor will be involved in. Don't read it if you don't want to get spoiled (if the leak is true).

The post said they wanted Gillian but ended up with Blake

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just watched this with my jaw on the floor. Kojima da gawwwd!
I don't know what it is, but I sure as fuck need it.

robotrock

Banned
Dude what big name actors are signing on to a project with all these weird babies in tubes or oil?

I want to read the script so bad

Top Bottom