• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

Kientin

Usually I dislike trailers with no gameplay, but Kojima is so good with his trailers. Always so entertaining and always leave me wanting for more.

Wagram

This game is going to be at every show until it's released. Go away Kojima, go back to the room Konami kept you in for like 3 years.

Bold One

T6YyCVX.gif

Interesting Trailer, but man, I wish Kojima would stop doing this

Pineapple

Fucking amazing. The concept, art, music...

No one else in this industry is putting out games like this...or at least that look like this. It's all way too safe. Once again, though, Kojima proves he has the ability to fuse different themes and artistic styles to create one epic looking game.

I mean, when it comes to story complexity and depth, writing, and overall cinematic production quality, Kojima just can't be beat.

Grisby

He can do a trailer can't he? Big laugh that Del Toro is in this.

I really hope the gameplay is as good as MGS5. Praying.

I'm really curious to see where things go from here on. I figured a horror game but now this one seems unshackled from an franchise Kojima seems to be going all out on it. I believe he mentioned open world as well at some point?

Yes, he did in one of the interviews.Also it seems like Kojima is using a Sony engine but modified enough to give it a new name. I am pretty sure they are using Sucker Punch's engine...the shading technology and particle processing effects in this latest Death Stranding trailer seems to be a close match with what was present in Second Son.

Macrotus

Interesting Trailer, but man, I wish Kojima would stop doing this

Yeah, he wasn't looking straight at the camera when his helmet vaporised.
He didn't look at his fingers, rather he looked to his left...
I wonder what kind of message that has.

Faustek

Holy heck, I thought nothing would top Zelda for the whole day but 2 minutes later I see this.

Del Toro and Kojima... Aces effing aces all around.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADS. Kojima, you are too good to us. Wow, the 4chan leaks were right?

Ahem.

Creepy as hell, and surprisingly not too uncanny valley on the characters, especially on Mikkelsen. (Poor del Toro, bless.) The tank freaked me the fuck out.

Another trailer, this one almost five minutes long, and I still dont even have a little clue whats even going on.

I think without Konami, Kojima is now at full power.

Platy

I love how people are at this hype for something we don't even know what it is.

It could be a pachinko simulator for all we know.

2 trailers and zero gameplay would be DESTROYED if was ANY other developer

neptunes

I love how people are at this hype for something we don't even know what it is.

It could be a pachinko simulator for all we know.

2 trailers and zero gameplay would be DESTROYED if was ANY other developer

Seriously, this "Trailer" should just be called a Teaser

Top Bottom