• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Silver publishing Persona 5, SMT4A, 7th Dragon (& more Sega/Atlus games?) in EU

kadotsu

Banned
I can't believe that SEGA Europe can't be arsed to publish themselves. Or, you know, port shit to PC to, you know, reach their audience. Valkyria did OK, imagine what a new game could do.

Arxisz

Cool but let's hope they changed their marketing department because Mighty No.9 wasn't a good look.

Zafir

Didn't know Square jumped the boat.

?

They only published Persona 4, and that was a very long time ago now.

Mind you it's worth noting Square Enix's European distributor is Koch Media who publishes under the name of Deep Silver. So I guess cutting the middle man out makes a bit more sense anyway.

MikeSan

HELL YEAH !

giphy.gif

yoonshik

A collaboration has been announced today to have Deep Silver publish multiple Atlus and SEGA titles across European and PAL territories. Physical and digital versions of 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, and Persona 5 will be made available.

Thank you Deep Silver. Fuck you Atlus. I'm happy now.

RpgN

So how good is Deep Silver with physical versions? Can we expect physical version of SMT4A?

Good news. I hope someone will handle Etrian Odyssey V as well.

EDIT:

Looks like I got my answer already. Yaaaaay!

Next up Etrian Odyssey V ;_;

As long as this means a timely release, whatever. I'm importing P5 anyway, just give me the release date for Apocalypse.

LayLa

Not going to hyped until I see dates, but physical is very welcome.
I wonder how long it will take before Atlus falls out with them.

That's fantastic news. That would be cool if they retroactively put out a EU physical version of SMTIV too, but I won't hold my breath on this one.

Eolz

Why doesn't Atlus have a European branch? Do their games not sell well enough there and is it not worth the startup costs?

They think Europe is a legend and probably laughed when Deep Silver bought publishing rights for something they've never cared about.

And also 7th Dragon III Code VFD from SEGA. Nibel please update the OP.

Also 7th Dragon? Awesome!
Hope they give some news about Miku too...

Edit:
I'm guessin localizing games for multiple languages is too much for Atlus' RPG?

Atlus USA never cared about localizing their titles in other languages before.

Drencrom

The fuck?

P5 will assuredly sell pretty good after the success of Persona 4 and the hype surrounding it, so why would SEGA/Atlus bail on publishing their own game?

Guess Who

Banned
Just imagine - Persona 5 out in Europe same date as Japan with JP audio and subs - dub coming as DLC on US release...

:p

I know hearing any P5 news sounds like a miracle to European fans at this point but don't let one miracle cause you to believe in fantasies.

Ydelnae

If Persona 5 is slightly delayed but still releases in February/early March here, I will wait and support this. If we get some September 2017 fuckery out of this or something like that, keep it.

marmoka

Banned
This is the happiest day of my f***ing life!!!

Thanks Deep Silver and Atlus for reaching an agreement!!

I hope they both arrive the same day as in NA.

Omfg thank you Deep Silver. And smh at Sega, are you really not able or interested in bringing the games of your own studio to Europe? SMH.

Person 5 retail should be obvious, but does this deal means we could actually get SMT IV: Apocalypse physical release, too? Make it so Deep Silver, MAKE IT SO.

Omikaru

Deep Silver is owned by Koch Media, who were Sega Europe's distributor anyway.

Sounds like business as usual to me, only now with Atlus' games thrown into the mix. Hopefully this bodes well for release dates in the long term.

Stuart444

Social media person seems nice and communicative as well. Guess we just need to wait on details.

Still, thank you Deep Silver regardless. Especially for SMTIV:A and 7th since it didn't look like they would come over at all.

In entering this partnership with Deep Silver, I am truly delighted we will be able to release our titles in the European regions.
Not only does the deal span multiple titles, but Deep Silver has a strong presence in European and PAL retailers. They have a strong passion for being able to deliver physical games to our fans in those territories, which we hold in high regard.

Take a seat real quick, Europe; we need to talk. I know we haven't always gotten along together, but that's the past. And the past is the past. We're looking toward the future. And it's a bright one, because Atlus USA and Sega of America are partnering with Deep Silver to release multiple upcoming titles in Europe.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-06-persona-5-coming-to-europe-courtesy-of-deep-silver

Top Bottom