• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Playstation Persona 5 Questionnaire Results (Age/Gender/FavPersona/More)

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I'm guessing most of those studies are in the U.S. though which may not translate to Japan. That said, Persona and 'Tales of' have shown proof of being very popular with female gamers.

The first Persona 3 movie had a 4:6 ratio attendance favoring women: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/28/persona-3-movie-1-rather-well-opening-weekend/

The 'Tales of' festival was attended by 90% women with the producer saying the games were generally bought by about 70% men and 30% women. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/26/why-90-of-fans-at-tales-of-festival-are-female

Pretty sure there's also proof of women making up the majority of merchandise sales as well.

I wish Atlus would do a female protag for the next Persona.

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm guessing most of those studies are in the U.S. though which may not translate to Japan. That said, Persona and 'Tales of' have shown proof of being very popular with female gamers.

The first Persona 3 movie had a 4:6 ratio attendance favoring women: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/28/persona-3-movie-1-rather-well-opening-weekend/

The 'Tales of' festival was attended by 90% women with the producer saying the games were generally bought by about 70% men and 30% women. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/26/why-90-of-fans-at-tales-of-festival-are-female

Pretty sure there's also proof of women making up the majority of merchandise sales as well.

Yeah I know that those two games, alongside Final Fantasy and Animal Crossing have always had strong female presence.

Didn't know the vast majority of the fans are over 20. why are the heroes so young again?

It's a cultural thing. For a lot of Japanese people high school was the most exciting time of their life. After graduating their focus shifts to working and career. That's why there is so much anime and games based on high school. I'm sure that's changing these days though.

Mr.Fresh

Hell yeah to this. A Persona game where the cast is all stuck in a boring ol' 9-5 job a giant corporation and mystery~ unfolds~ would be fun. I will even take a overly attractive cast in their very young twenties for advertising appeal. This is me bargaining with you, Atlas.

This would be amazing !!!

Zolo

It's a cultural thing. For a lot of Japanese people high school was the most exciting time of their life. After graduating their focus shifts to working and career. That's why there is so much anime and games based on high school. I'm sure that's changing these days though.

Not so sure since SMTIV:Apocalypse's protagonist was made 15 with the developers citing a younger protagonist being more appealing in recent times as part of the reason.

Things I want in the next Persona game/from Atlus

(If Atlus ever:
expands their staff large enough OR just goes crazy OR actually decides to pursue market trends other than male otakus)

- Female Protag of a main game
- Choice of Protagonist (Male/Female) tied to a full length game or two protagonist choices with different story paths like P3P.
- Gay/Lesbian romance choices (could be in P5 not confirmed yet)
- Something other than a high school setting like an office or college life
- Spin-off game featuring a Prohibition/Mafia motiff. No reason for this one, I just really want a game where I play a mobster/heavy anti-hero that can battle with demons.
- Catherine 2
Don't ruin my dreams.

Anyway bought an import and US collectors edition and also buying SMT4A to support my favorite series!

CazTGG

Persona will stay in high school because Japan's gonna Japan. Actual Japanese high school is pretty stressful and terrible with all the exams and cram school; let them live out their idyllic version in their media.

The setting has more to do with Shin Megami Tensei...If, as the high school setting was very popular in that game, something that ATLUS took into account when making that game along with creating a relatable setting for younger people rather than an empowered fantasy. It's a shame because Eternal Punishment is my favorite entry in the series, particularly since it's ditches the same old setting while it tackles adult themes and issues far better than past and future entries have along with having a fantastic cast of mostly adult characters.

Didn't know the vast majority of the fans are over 20. why are the heroes so young again?

I think Persona has always been set in high school because that what makes it persona. If you want a game with different settings while still having the MegaTen mechanics, you have the mainline series for that. Though I do wish Atlus change it up even if its just slightly like making them college aged.

Zolo

I think Persona has always been set in high school because that what makes it persona. If you want a game with different settings while still having the MegaTen mechanics, you have the mainline series for that. Though I do wish Atlus change it up even if its just slightly like making them college aged.

Aside from Strange Journey, Eternal Punishment's actually the only game that includes protagonists in their mid-20s. Catherine to an extent as well if you kinda count that.

Zolo

Because most players don't care about the age of characters in the games they play.

Nah. I need college-age characters for me to relate to. Scratch that. I'll be in the workforce by the time Persona 6 comes out, so the characters need to be in the workforce as well.

I'd actually be pretty excited for the backpacking idea and maybe going to different areas every month.

where;s your avatar from

http://p5jouhoukyoku.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-91.html?sp

Top Bottom