• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denis Dyack is working "on an IP that's our most requested" for the next generation.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Pictures or scans? This is oddly interesting

I don't have one, I just worked in a videogame store when it launched and remember having to put them in each copy sold (Empty cases on the shelf syndrome). Maybe another NZ gaffer will still have one.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can't see how this could be anything other than
------Zelda------

Eternal Darkness 2 would have some crazy sanity effects on Wii U. Like, have a picture of some kittens appear on the controller screen instead of the HUD or whatever, and don't explain it. Or send fake messages to the player's inbox. Or pretend to start downloading DLC and Wii U Ware.

Antioch

Considering we already heard them talk about next-gen a while ago, I'm not sure how this could be anything other than a Wii U game, seeing as Silicon Knights probably wouldn't have had other next gen dev kits for that long. Eternal Darkness 2 it is :)

Combine

Banned
Isn't the Too Human IP sort of in limbo as long as the whole legal stuff with Epic is still going on?

How is that stuff still going on anyways? Shouldn't there have been some resolution by now? It's been years since they started proceedings. Do legal cases typically last this long for this sort of thing?

Anyway, Eternal Darkness 2, with heavy supervision and collaboration from Nintendo, possibly Retro, would be great.

Combine

Banned
Isn't the Legacy of Kain IP owned by Crystal Dynamics/SquareEnix?

There's probably still a lot of bad blood between them and Dyack, I doubt he cares much for them after they took the franchise away.

ED2 makes the most sense, due to reason's given in the thread (renewed IP, Nintendo still owns stake in SK, etc.) since they have the least animosity towards Nintendo (they parted more amicably than everyone else at least)

forrest

formerly nacire
Man I really need to pull out Eternal Darkness and finish the third playthrough. I did two of the old gods, but never finished the third for the ultimate ending. Loved the game though, great atmosphere and I love the intertwining character stories. As I see it though, SK needs this title if they want to try and stay in the game.

MarkusRJR

Cue Too Human 2 announcement to piss off all the fans of Eternal darkness.

Cue Too Human 2 announcement to piss off all the fans of good games.

I would buy a Wii U for ED2. That's a system seller for me, if it's exclusive.

I wonder if Dyack will use his GAF account to comment on this here.

Oh wait.

He should be unbanned for a day when his new game comes out. It would be interesting to watch, to say the least.

I would buy a Wii U for ED2. That's a system seller for me, if it's exclusive.

He should be unbanned for a day when his new game comes out. It would be interesting to watch, to say the least.

EviLore wont do that since Dyack's earned a permanent spot on his shitlist right next to Doombringer and Manabyte

Top Bottom