• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Despite all the crap going on I still love this place as a gaming community

Royce McCutcheon

I'm just glad I was around for this, I'll tell this story to my grandchildren I will. The great GAF Exodus. Personally, I'm happy to have my gaming news back. I literally don't k ow what's coming out without gaf

Cheech

1) The site is/was very left-leaning, yes. It appears that it will continue to be, as much as it can. I'd suggest if this is a problem for you then you ought to find somewhere else to frequent.

There's a huge difference between "left leaning", and what actually went on in OT. I'm a flaming liberal, but also an adult, and there's a very valid reason we (GAF) are made fun for those threads. They read like SJW parodies that the Onion does from time to time. Just nonstop cringe.

OT was a lot of fun from time to time, but IMO, it shouldn't come back in the original form.

M-PG71C

Like I said in the MC thread, I don't care for Evilore. Never did and never will. His actions are his alone and he will have to deal with the consequences of it, like anyone else.

I'll keep my head popped in and post occasionally, like I usually do. I'm here for the people that posted here reasonably and for the moderation staff that kept things civil.

We'll see what happens.

Egida

Neo Member
The site can be credited to ruining a few of my most beloved franchises like mass effect. Karma is a bitch and the site got what it deserves .
EA, Anthem and the insane amount of money people are willing to spend in multiplayer games killed mass effect.

This place was a hive mind and a safe haven for social justice warriors . The site can be credited to ruining a few of my most beloved franchises like mass effect. Karma is a bitch and the site got what it deserves .

Well that's just ridiculous and insane.

I think a lot of the outrage was ridiculous but then I don't really know much about EvilLore or anything like that.

I've always been an advocate of "innocent until proven guilty" but as I said, I don't know much about EvilLore or what happened or didn't happen.

I'm glad Gaf is back because it's my favourite place for gaming discussion on the net.

PaulBizkit

I just want this community to keep existing. I don't give a fuck about the mods' life or their scandals or whatever.

This is the best community for gaming news.

Keep gaf alive

Theorry

I am just getting messages the whole time from people asking me to come to SLAENT? (no idea what that is)
I am fine here.

I just want this community to keep existing. I don't give a fuck about the mods' life or their scandals or whatever.

This is the best community for gaming news.

Keep gaf alive

Agreed. I couldn't care less about what the administrator is doing in his life, people should seperate a entire video game forum and a guy's life. You don't even have to support him, use adblock.

GAF is my number 1 source for videogames and allows for deep discussions, so I will stay here.

ehead

Nirolak, Aeana, Neuromancer, Thosedeafmutes, Stump, and Eatchildren are great mods in gaming side - they're pretty active too. It might not mean much, coming from a Junior Member for more than 2 (?) years, but your work is highly appreciated. I wanted to mention other users who I look up to but there will be a ton. This place definitely had more good people than bad.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I was lost for the time it was offline, missed my beloved Divinity OS2 and Destiny threads, so glad it's back up and running.

It's the one true place to truly theorycraft deeply with like minded gamers.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I love this forum because it's a fantastic place for news aggregation and there are some great people who post.

I tried going to IGN / Gamespot / Polygon etc for news for the past two days and nearly lost my mind at the amount of bullshit ads all over the place. it's especially bad on mobile.

The sooner the people with a grudge to bear against Evilore suicide their accounts or move to whatever forum they're going to and we get back to discussing games the better.

New forum ain’t gonna do shit, people still gonna come back to NeoGaf maybe not as active before probably just lurking more...The new forum still not gonna keep some assholes away ...it the fucking internet ...assholes everywhere ...

ys45

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking of this place as a gaming forum.
Games are about FUN goddamnit.

Sure I don't agree and I'm against all the sexism going on in the industry.
I hate shady stuff that companies are doing like loot crates and things like that.
But my goal with gaming is to talk about it in a positive way and share my hobby with some other fellow gaming enthusiast.

If I start freaking out with all the bad things going on in the gaming industry I won't be playing anymore and il be just depressed about it.
Kinda like watching the news, yeah I know the world is full of violence and crimes and bad stuff going on but I don't need all that negativity in my life.

So yeah call my egoist or you can say I have no empathy I don't care but I'm here to talk about gaming and share my love for gaming, that's it.

P.S They should add a new section on the forum for all that Gaming controversies talking like gamer gate etc ...

I don't care for the owner's apparent scandal. Innocent until proven guilty, and even if proven guilty, I don't let one thing that somebody's done in the past prevent me from enjoying something that they produce. I think separating the art from the artist can apply here. I do miss the off topic section though, and hope it comes back soon. Even if sometimes it was frustrating to have a dissenting opinion, I found that as long as you discuss things in a calm, civil manner, you were unlikely to get banned, although I'm sure there were definitely some exceptions. I like to think this new era will calm a few heads, and we can make this place better than before. I'm glad at least to be able to keep up with the gaming news again, and hopefully off topics back in time for the next WWE ppv.

PrinceKee

I'm glad this place is back and hopefully can get back to normal. I was lost without NeoGAF as I have no alternatives. I don't know what happened over the past few days, but I think the good community here should stick around and continue to set the example...

Platy

Even after everything, neogaf is still the best place around for gaming discussion.
I hope not for long since everything was dealt in the worst possible way.

Evilore, here is a tip : pay some PR team. You are seriously needing it.

LordKasual

Banned
Christ it was so much better when you could escape that other forum list and come to one where people are only raging out over vidiyagaemz

now everything is spilling over and we're gonna have to deal with about 3 months of bitter thread topics

I've always loved this forum for talking about games yes I can see why the internet hates it for its political views and a lot of the stuff on off topic, but when it comes to OT's and talking about games there's no place I would rather visit, even if I am mostly a lurker.

There's a huge difference between "left leaning", and what actually went on in OT. I'm a flaming liberal, but also an adult, and there's a very valid reason we (GAF) are made fun for those threads. They read like SJW parodies that the Onion does from time to time. Just nonstop cringe.

OT was a lot of fun from time to time, but IMO, it shouldn't come back in the original form.

Maybe to you. but I can't see any progressive or left leaning person "cringing" at lots of OT topics certainly not as a general rule, that's a huge exaggeration. Perhaps inside America the center has - for some people - moved far to the right -- that's certainly the game plan for the alt right? but for a citizen of the world there was nothing radical in OT and nothing that was out of place in (say) an average Obama speech from five years ago. Trump is still an idioti, global warming still exists, America has a gun problem, the environment is in trouble, corporations are psychopathic, etc. all the usual things that energize democrats and educated people everywhere.
A huff post opinion piece would be far more left.

Azio

Even after everything, neogaf is still the best place around for gaming discussion.

Best comment ever

HercRaato

Glad the sites back up I missed it over the weekend.

I am mostly a lurker, but I enjoy the gaming threads. Reading about great games I may have ignored because they were outside of my normal comfort zone has really been wonderful. Making new friends in OT to play games with has also been great.

I also like all the NPD and sales threads it really gives new perspective on things.

Hopefully things settle down and we can get back to discussing games.

Makki

I am happy to see the forums back, as the indentity of this subforum is linked to gamers and not an outlet to make a personal statement, drive beliefs or seek an unwarranted sense of righteousness.

I am sure that when the focus returns to gaming for the time being, those who have been committing account suicides will end up eating shoe and returning because there is no other forum which keeps the garbage on the internet on check as well as here.

toneroni

I do think that would have helped greatly.
I'm sure it was very difficult to find one during the weekend though.
Some better crisis management could have righted the ship

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I do think that would have helped greatly.
I'm sure it was very difficult to find one during the weekend though.
Some better crisis management could have righted the ship

Can you or anybody here explain to me what happened? I've been a member for like 12 years. I was gone for 3-4 days and now I have ZERO clue what happened.

It's like I went to Europe for the month and came back and a nuclear bomb hit the United States on my city and body are laying on the ground dead with body parts all over the place.

I'm so lost.

I'm just glad I was around for this, I'll tell this story to my grandchildren I will. The great GAF Exodus. Personally, I'm happy to have my gaming news back. I literally don't k ow what's coming out without gaf
Lol, same, kinda just stared at my phone thinking about the alternatives.... game me chills if we're being honest

Kazz1896

Neo Member
This place was a hive mind and a safe haven for social justice warriors . The site can be credited to ruining a few of my most beloved franchises like mass effect. Karma is a bitch and the site got what it deserves .

This!!!!

Santar

Please tell me this is a joke post, I can't believe somebody actually thinks like this.

barit

Nothing stops the train yada yada ... Yeah you get it. Let's hope GAF can get out of it much stronger than it was before. The slogan is still BELIEVE

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Nothing stops the train yada yada ... Yeah you get it. Let's hope GAF can get out of it much stronger than it was before. The slogan is still BELIEVE

Yes, I sincerely hope GAF can grow with these new rules. I am super happy to see it still going. This is the only place on the internet where I know I can get gaming news quickly with snappy discussion.

Crazyorloco

I tried visiting other gaming forums and it just does not compare. The lack of engagement and substance in posts was so apparent. The community is what keeps me.

mckmas8808

Please tell me this is a joke post, I can't believe somebody actually thinks like this.

Okay just read the whole Waypoint story on what happened. WHOA! But it's so terrible sad that things will now be reduced to people saying stuff like that.

It's a sad world we live in where "social justice warrior" is considered a horrible thing.

Catphish

I couldn't agree more. So much of that shit was just, well, unbelievable. I'm glad to see it gone.

Murdamonk

I hope people decide to focus on gaming and posting about gaming. We are seeing right now that the site is back that there are those that want to post bull shit and are asking to be banned. Why just not post, delete the link, remove the password from your cookies and be done with it? If you have an issue with someone, send them a PM, no need to post shit in the forum..who/what area you benefiting by doing that? As said, if you don't want to be here anymore, don't come here.

To me, I always came here for the gaming side of things, I rarely every posted in the others parts of the forum, if we can just get back to talking about games, even system wars, it would be great.

So this. I am so glad that the website is back.

I come here for my gaming news and never go on other parts of the forum.

Alebrije

Some key posters are gone but others are still here, hope we still have deep threads about next XboneX once it launches. By this moment this place is the best to get gaming news.

karasu

I've been on some version of Gaf since 2001. Since a little before the end of Segadojo. Can't stop, won't stop.

Vorteq

Neo Member
Got my account since a couple of weeks. Been reading GAF since the whole build-up to the Nintendo Switch because I was excited for it.

I came here because of gaming. I'm still here because of gaming.

Humdinger

Glad to see the site back up and running. It has been my go-to site for news and discussion for years. Nowhere compares. Lots of laughs and great discussion here (and some annoying stuff, too, of course.)

I'm here for game discussion. I never paid attention to the OT politics or social issues threads. I won't miss them. I am not happy with the moderation being anonymous and lacking accountability, but I'm happy that we're getting more focused on games discussion.

mckmas8808

Glad to see the site back up and running. It has been my go-to site for news and discussion for years. Nowhere compares. Lots of laughs and great discussion here (and some annoying stuff, too, of course.)

I'm here for game discussion. I never paid attention to the OT politics or social issues threads. I won't miss them. I am not happy with the moderation being anonymous and lacking accountability, but I'm happy that we're getting more focused on games discussion.

Will the mods have their names in red anymore?

Melchiah

No where else was I ever able to find a place with the in depth gaming discussion and obscure threads as I have on GAF. Regardless of what you think about whoever's in charge, the people here are still awesome. It's where I come to get all my news and discuss my favorite games with like minded people. And for that I'm thankful.

I just can't wait until we can get back to discussing games.

Agreed. I've been here over a decade, and I don't see myself starting all over somewhere else easily. Particularly, if the upcoming substitute forum will draw in many of the people who were rightly banned from here over the years.

I've enjoyed my time here so far; the depth of the conversation, and the moderation that usually kept it in check. It's been my main source for gaming news as well. I just hope the gaming side will return (close) to what it was eventually. Aside from few non-political threads, I didn't spend much time on OT. So I can't really say how it's been over there, but I can imagine based on how those kind of topics tend to go on FB and elsewhere. I rather stay out to avoid the headache.

That being said, there have been some worrying incidents recently on the gaming side as well, like when Shinobi was harassed out of here just because of his optimistic game preview. I think that kind of behavior is not something that happens solely on GAF, but it's certainly become more common here during the past few years.

Lucumo

That being said, there have been some worrying incidents recently on the gaming side as well, like when Shinobi was harassed out of here just because of his optimistic game preview. I think that kind of behavior is not something that happens solely on GAF, but it's certainly become more common here during the past few years.
I haven't read it but if something like that was allowed to happen, then wouldn't the moderators share some responsibility?

Atlas157

I'm sticking around because I like the community here and I love the instant news when something gets announced/hinted/leaked.

Okay just read the whole Waypoint story on what happened. WHOA! But it's so terrible sad that things will now be reduced to people saying stuff like that.

It's a sad world we live in where "social justice warrior" is considered a horrible thing.

That is just a narrative, and a bullshit one at that. It is an internet meme, that doesn't square in the real world. The 'real world' is a lot more complex.

Top Bottom