• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

For those with Amazon pre-order, try going to your account profile and checking the Message Center. That's where I would receive pre-order bonuses for other things (although I haven't pre-ordered Destiny through them). I got a DLC through a message that had a title like "Benefit Confirmation for Order..." on the "Related To Your Orders" tab.
Listen to this man/woman! Thanks so much for this post; I was about to get on the live chat but decided to check after reading this and there it was.

I previously redeemed my codes when we couldn't choose a platform yet. Does anyone know where I go to look at my current entered beta codes? I remember seeing it before.

Edit: Nevermind I found it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
WHY IS THERE NO MATCHMAKING FOR THE CAMPAGIN MISSION? FFS Bungie..

Is this confirmed? They're still not allowing players to have optional matchmaking for campaign missions?

Because it's a Beta, not a demo, and they have stuff to test.

Edit: wait what? There never was mm in campaign missions - right?

Right, there never was.

And there should be. A simple "press a button to toggle matchmaking." I certainly would have done the Daily Story every damn day if I could play with others because that makes it more fun.

For those with Amazon pre-order, try going to your account profile and checking the Message Center. That's where I would receive pre-order bonuses for other things (although I haven't pre-ordered Destiny through them). I got a DLC through a message that had a title like "Benefit Confirmation for Order..." on the "Related To Your Orders" tab.

Nothing for me. Just shows the same email confirmation they sent me when I placed the order about 2 hours ago. Am I missing something?

SirNinja

Any word if the beta will have PS4 Pro support?

Looks like it. Right from the start, the "Press X To Play" text and button icon shows up very crisp on my 4K monitor as opposed to Destiny 1's. Dunno if it's true 4K or not, but it's definitely higher than 1080p.

Did so and was told "you will receive one eventually. Just wait"

I pre-ordered the PS4 version (just for the Beta as I'll be playing the full game on Xbox and PC) this morning, waited a bit, and then contacted Amazon through a live chat which resulted in them asking me my Order ID, saying hold on a second, and then giving me a code.

I pre ordered digitally on Xbox and I don't see any codes.

Digital pre-orders are activated automatically. Search for "Destiny 2 Beta" on the store and pre-load it.

I enjoyed Destiny 1 a great deal with Destiny Gaf during its release. If I come across a Beta code without having to do the leg work I will give it a try and see if it's worth buying a Playstation Plus sub and the game.

Thanks for the tip just preordered on Amazon.uk got my code emailed straight away, downloading now and preorder cancelled at Amazon, easy. 👍

Renkax

I bought a pre-order for destiny on PC through Gamestop and gave me a code to put on the bungie site. But the options are just PS4/XBOXone , is the pc version going to be open for everyone and I should just use it for the PS4 version?

I know it will play well, but the lack of information/acknowledgment that the endgame of Destiny 1 was a fucking trash fire makes me think this will just be more of the same in both the best and worst ways.

Top Bottom