• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

Pjsprojects

I haven't gotten a code yet and I preordered a while back on Amazon...

Amazon are being a bit poor this time,after talking to the help desk and getting the auto reply of we dont have the beta date yet I canceled all three pre orders and ordered direct from PSN/Xlive & Blizzard.

Funny thing is after canceling I got a code from Amazon....

Preloaded and ready to go. Pretty excited to get into Destiny 2. Never played Destiny 1, besides the trial, and enjoyed it. Will probably make a Titan first. Will only do a small bit of the campaign and spend the rest of the bèta in the Crucible.

Preloaded and ready to go. Pretty excited to get into Destiny 2. Never played Destiny 1, besides the trial, and enjoyed it. Will probably make a Titan first. Will only do a small bit of the campaign and spend the rest of the bèta in the Crucible.

The only part of the campaign available is the first story mission.

Hardvlade

Not sure if it has been posted (skimmed through and didn't see it), but you can download the Destiny 2 beta on Xbox without pre-ordering. Simply use the link for the Japanese store to "buy" the game and it will be available on your ready to install. No need to switch regions or anything. I tested it and it worked for me.

Destiny 2 Beta (Japan Microsoft Store)

B D Joe

If anybody has a spare code for PS4 { UK / EU region } i would be most grateful - i might even go as far as to tell people of your kindness around the camp fire one night :)

dimmer

Not sure if it has been posted (skimmed through and didn't see it), but you can download the Destiny 2 beta on Xbox without pre-ordering. Simply use the link for the Japanese store to "buy" the game and it will be available on your ready to install. No need to switch regions or anything. I tested it and it worked for me.

This worked,well done! But are you sure that it is not in any way some kind of preorder?

PrinceKee

Thanks this worked. Wonder when I’ll get my Amazon PS4 beta code though...

KingDAVIN

Neo Member
So i Got my beta code and entered it in via Playstation Store website, but I dont see any option to download, and its not in my purchase history?

Anyway I can start the pre-load from PS store website? At work atm.

Update: Nevermind, refreshed store and i could download it.

KeRaSh

Got a digital preorder so I don't need a code but wanted one for my brother so I preordered it on Amazon.de and got a code the same time the order confirmation came in. If anyone needs codes you might want to try Amazon.de.

glaurung

Still no code from Amazon UK. Even my relatively worse local retailers sent out beta codes already.

Luckily I have contingencies.

GlamFM

Banned
I have an icon that says Destiny 2 on my PS4. Feels surreal.

Do we know when exactly it unlocks?

Reset time maybe?

ZanDatsu

I got my code from Amazon and redeemed it through the site, but when I go to my profile and the codes section it just looks like this:

KhsbT9v.jpg

Not sure what to do now.

BigDug13

One story mission, no patrols, one strike. Seems like this is more of a crucible beta. I was thinking about preordering for early access but doesn't seem to be enough here to justify it just for that reason (since I wasn't a fan of the crucible in the first game). Might as well try the regular open beta everyone can join a few days later.

ZanDatsu

Go to the standard edition and scroll down until you see demo.

Let me know if it worked.

Because I care!

I found the BETA this way but it says I'm not able to purchase it because I don't own the Destiny 2 Pre-order. I think this would only unlock if I pre-order through PSN.

GlamFM

Banned
One story mission, no patrols, one strike. Seems like this is more of a crucible beta. I was thinking about preordering for early access but doesn't seem to be enough here to justify it just for that reason. Might as well try the regular open beta everyone can join a few days later.

It seems to be an actual Beta this time around and not a demo.

I want to get some solid time with all classes and sub-classes to make the right choice when the game hits.

I found the BETA this way but it says I'm not able to purchase it because I don't own the Destiny 2 Pre-order. I think this would only unlock if I pre-order through PSN.

Damn. Did your code work though?

mocoworm

Still no code from Amazon UK. Even my relatively worse local retailers sent out beta codes already.

Luckily I have contingencies.

I got my Amazon UK code last night, as did everyone I know who pre-ordered from Amazon. I just redeemed the code.

Check your junk/spam/other folders in your email.

ZanDatsu

Damn. Did your code work though?

I redeemed it last night and didn't know I then had to go to my profile and the codes section to get the PSN code. I only found that out this morning, but when I go to my profile I just see what I posted above. The only thing I can think of is I also connected my Blizzard profile between redeeming the code and then checking my profile. I've tried logging in both through the Blizzard profile and PSN to my Bungie account but neither show any codes. I'm sure it was accepted just fine when I first entered it. I'm gonna try cancelling my Amazon pre-order and making another to see if that works.

GlamFM

Banned
I redeemed it last night and didn't know I then had to go to my profile and the codes section to get the PSN code. I only found that out this morning, but when I go to my profile I just see what I posted above. The only thing I can think of is I also connected my Blizzard profile between redeeming the code and then checking my profile. I've tried logging in both through the Blizzard profile and PSN to my Bungie account but neither show any codes. I'm sure it was accepted just fine when I first entered it. I'm gonna try cancelling my Amazon pre-order and making another to see if that works.

Poke around at it some more. If you don´t get it to work PM me I have an extra PS4 EU code.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I wonder if the beta is going to have some big issues on the first day. I could see people not being able to connect.

Carl

One story mission, no patrols, one strike. Seems like this is more of a crucible beta. I was thinking about preordering for early access but doesn't seem to be enough here to justify it just for that reason (since I wasn't a fan of the crucible in the first game). Might as well try the regular open beta everyone can join a few days later.

Yeah I'm disappointed how little there is in this compared to the first game, which had quite a lot to do in the beta

jmartoine

Yeah I'm disappointed how little there is in this compared to the first game, which had quite a lot to do in the beta

The beta for the first game also went on for a couple of weeks rather than a few days and was then criticised for showing off too much when the full game launched.

Lukemon

Just pre-ordered from Amazon (UK) and my code came through instantly along with the order confirmation email. Downloading now, ready for next week...

Ryuuga

Banned
No PC Beta right? Because at least then playing K/BM would've offered a fresh experience given what the beta offers.

forms

Really curious as to whether this offers a longer love than the previous one. I am hosting a pretty large FB gaming group/clan, andwe were many that were burned out quickly by Destiny. Still hoping they get it this time though, as we are many that loved the feel of the universe and gameplay.

Not enough to preorder at this point, though, need to read some input/test it before.

Top Bottom