• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

janoDX

Can someone get me a US Code for PS4? Amazon is giving me problems to pre-order (because I'm from Chile) and it doesn't let me do it.

Not begging at all. I just want to get a code with the method listed.

KeRaSh

Can someone get me a US Code for PS4? Amazon is giving me problems to pre-order (because I'm from Chile) and it doesn't let me do it.

Not begging at all. I just want to get a code with the method listed.

Have you tried entering a fake US shipping/billing address?

everyer

for anyone who doesn't own pre-order, register a playstation Hongkong account with a new email address. You will get the beta for free!

Cronnie

Well then, I wish I saw this thread before I contacted Amazon UK customer service.

The rep told me they hadn't sent out any more codes this week, yet I see fellow members have received codes today/yesterday.

Well then, I wish I saw this thread before I contacted Amazon UK customer service.

The rep told me they hadn't sent out any more codes this week, yet I see fellow members have received codes today/yesterday.

I am Amazon US, pre-ordered 2 days ago and got my code this morning. The Amazon reps are right, it takes two days after preorder so just be patient.

Cronnie

I am Amazon US, pre-ordered 2 days ago and got my code this morning. The Amazon reps are right, it takes two days after preorder so just be patient.

I ordered last week, and the rep lied and told me no codes were sent out AT ALL this week, which obviously isn't the case.

Got my PS4 code immediately after ordering on Amazon UK (cancelled pre-order after)
Logging into Bungie net reminded me the crazy amount of redeem items I haven't claimed over the last 2 years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would I still be able to pre-order a physical copy (PC), get a beta code (from Amazon or something) and then cancel like I did with the first game (I want to play the beta, but not up for buying it right now)?

The beta will be open. Pre-ordering just gets you access a couple of days early.

Don't preorder on PlayStation digital store if you can help it. They will charge the full amount for the game and will not issue refunds (unless you get a management person at customer service to make an exception). Putting $5 down at Gamestop or using Amazon.com are much better methods.

NandoGip

The PSN account I have linked on bungie is technically a singapore account, do you think this will prevent me from downloading the beta?

The PSN account I have linked on bungie is technically a singapore account, do you think this will prevent me from downloading the beta?

Nope. Have you redeemed a code on bungie.net already? The beta can already be downloaded with Japanese and HK PSN accounts.

Shady859

which one of you hobos needs a code from preordering? It's not the actual beta key but the one you enter into bungies site.

PM sent, I edited in to hide code in quotes but edited out when I seen the below reply. lol

Shady859

Gamestop has the Limited Edition PS4/PC version available again for $100. It's stupid priced on Ebay and for the same price as the digital may as well get a nice bonus package.

Plus most of us have oodles of GS credit unless you cashed it all out. :)

dubq

So weird. I haven't pre-ordered this, but I got the email from Bungie to get my beta code and am downloading it now off of PSN. Were there other ways to get a code? I have no idea otherwise. Not that I'm complaining! :)

JWiLL

Banned
I'm curious - I didn't actually "pre-order" the game on PC, but rather received it with my GTX 1080 purchase.

Do I still get beta access with this? The game is already on my Blizzard Account.

I guess we don't really have details around the PC beta either way - it could be an entirely open beta with no bonus for pre-orders like consoles have.

I'd hate to not get access because it's not a conventional pre-order though.

My friend is paranoid about amazon pre order cancelling. Does anyone have a code they aren't using that I can give to him? It would be much appreciated. I already have a code.

Luq

All I could predownload was some kind of 400 MB file, nothing else. Anyone knows why? Will the rest trigger itself closer to the start of the beta or what?

Hardvlade

All I could predownload was some kind of 400 MB file, nothing else. Anyone knows why? Will the rest trigger itself closer to the start of the beta or what?

On PS4 it downloads two files, a 400MB file then a 12GB+ file.

On Xbox is downloads the whole thing at once (no small 400MB file)

PrinceKee

I just contacted Amazon for my PS4 code and they gave me some code that’s not for destiny2. Just says Bounceback promotion: VG-ACTI9-Lightswitch B-All with like 15 digit number. WTH is this?

Magwik

Banned
Very nice. I'm curious to see how it runs on my almost 6 year old rig.
It's probably time to upgrade lol
I'm curious - I didn't actually "pre-order" the game on PC, but rather received it with my GTX 1080 purchase.

Do I still get beta access with this? The game is already on my Blizzard Account.

I guess we don't really have details around the PC beta either way - it could be an entirely open beta with no bonus for pre-orders like consoles have.

I'd hate to not get access because it's not a conventional pre-order though.
Yes the promotion includes early beta access

Not true for me, I called them and got nothing.

Have had the game preordred since announced.

Pre-ordered PS4 version yesterday morning, contacted Amazon though a live chat 30 minutes later and received a code mere minutes afterwards.

The initial download is for "Data to Start Application" and then the rest should download as well. I can't imagine why users are having a different experience as it seems extremely odd. Do you not see a download bar representing the smaller initial download, then a space, and another much larger download bar representing the rest of the Beta data?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ha vent gotten an Amazon email with code, not in my messages on the websight, sent an email to support with no answer yet.

:(

I pre-ordered Amazon did not get a code saw the beta in Thai PSN downloaded very well done intro screen this looks promising. Now not sure if I need my beta code or not...

Sweet. Just downloaded the early access beta from the Hong Kong store for free. Thanks for whoever gave the heads up earlier.

Gotta love the HK store though. They always have early access betas for all the big games without needing to pre-order and you can just download without having to go through any hassle. If anyone else wants the full beta for free, just make a Hong Kong account and download the game. Everything's in English, so it's not an issue at all.

Mikey Jr.

Sweet. Just downloaded the early access beta from the Hong Kong store for free. Thanks for whoever gave the heads up earlier.

Gotta love the HK store though. They always have early access betas for all the big games without needing to pre-order and you can just download without having to go through any hassle. If anyone else wants the full beta for free, just make a Hong Kong account and download the game. Everything's in English, so it's not an issue at all.

Ohh, awesome.

Can you provide a link to the beta? I'll put it in the op.

Top Bottom