• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 CE and LE revealed

- J - D -

That bag is so gauche. Why'd they have to go so overboard with it. What everybody wants on their messenger bag, a giant metal Toblerone box.

I really thought I'd want one of these prior to the reveal, but they just don't move the needle for me. The CE is wayyy too much money for a bag that I don't find attractive, and the LE being Gamestop exclusive is gross. Digital it is!

Worth noting that there are three versions of the digital pre-order. Standard, Game + Expansion, and "Deluxe" (Game + Expansion + emote, sword, emblem).

Pricing in the U.S. is $59.99, $89.99, and $99.99 respectively. I'll take the second option please.

Digital Deluxe on Amazon has the season pass and bonuses, but it won't let me pre-order it in the US yet.

It should be available already on PSN and Xbox Store. Also worth noting that there's a "Game + Expansion" bundle for $10 less. Same content minus the emote, emblem, and sword.

Reading the Gamestop page, it's not just the bag but all the physical items listed on the right side of the CE will not be included in the LE.

So the gamestop bundle won't have the the USB charger, blanket, paracord, laptop sleeve, and bag.

Still not worth $150.

LiK

Reading the Gamestop page, it's not just the bag but all the physical items listed on the right side of the CE will not be included in the LE.

So the gamestop bundle won't have the the USB charger, blanket, paracord, laptop sleeve, and bag.

Still not worth $150.

thanks, posted in OP

Kyne

Amazon has the Digital Deluxe edition which is basically the LE w/o the physical stuff (comes w/ the pre-order goodies+the expansion pass)

ce-me-nd1rc-spread-gamenotincluded.jpg

i guess at least the game is included?

Honestly, I'd prefer expensive CE's to be handled like this. At least then you might get a quality collectible out of the thing. Really, I kind of just want the idea of "collector's editions" to go away entirely and just have focus on cool collectibles.

That'll never happen...

Amazon has the Digital Deluxe edition which is basically the LE w/o the physical stuff (comes w/ the pre-order goodies+the expansion pass)

I said it above, but I'll say it again. The "Digital Deluxe" version comes with what amounts to a $10 pack with an emote, sword, and emblem. If you don't want that, Xbox/PSN stores should have a "Game + expansion" bundle that's cheaper.

Clunker

Given how I play Destiny, buying anything that's a physical copy of the game is a fool's errand for me. I'll be happy to wait for regular digital plus digital expansion pass - hopefully will be $90 just like original Destiny.

I would have been OK with a bag if it wasn't so "gamerfied," though. It looks like the worst parts of Razer, Fat1l1ty111 and 3dfx graphics card boxes from the '90s put together. :(

Kawngi

No interest in that bag, and with the LE being exclusive to GameStop, thus preventing me from using 20% off, I'll just get the regular edition.

thedan001

I enjoyed Destiny during base and TTK

Feeling mixed with this, either LE or just buy digital

One thing for sure, my expectations are a whole lot lower than what I had before Destiny 1

Lgndryhr

Would have bought the LE if it wasn't GS exclusive. Would only buy a CE if I can flip it like last time where it pays for my vanilla copy of Destiny. Otherwise I am waiting on this title for when they do a collection like the Taken King.

StillEdge

CE up on Amazon or Best Buy yet?
Best Buy hasn't even woken up yet last I checked because they don't even have the standard edition up. And Amazon only has standard up right now. Hoping to get in with Best Buy they always have a t shirt that isn't that ugly with their pre orders.

robot

We stitched together a bunch of leftover fabric found on the floor of your local convention center to create this "bag" that you can get ONLY at Gamestop. Power to the Players!

tootie923

I think I might go for digital deluxe this time rather than physical, although downloading 68GB+ isn't very attractive.

That ugly bag looks glued together.

Top Bottom