• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 crashes on PS4 Pro and 1080p?

Stoffinator

I got my PS4 Pro back today. They fixed components as " mainboard and an optical were replaced." So great in all. But they forgot to include the HDD case. So now I have to wait another week for it to be sent to me. Thanks Sony.

ValeYard

A few days post FW update, how are we doing?

I've seen some posts reporting crashes, but for most it's fixed?

So far, I haven't got D2 to crash.

Has anyone tested ROTR? It would be good to know if this patch fixed the pro issue in general and wasn't specifically tuned for Destiny 2.

ValeYard

Yep. This is where it crashes every time without fail.

Yeah, the crashing on logging out was happening to other people I knew, but I couldn't experience it as Destiny was freezing in gameplay and crashing.

I certainly prefer the log out crash :p

Gator86

Numerous crashes every time I play. I'm almost guaranteed to crash multiple times if I try to go to the Tower. Fix your fucking game, Bungie.

Numerous crashes every time I play. I'm almost guaranteed to crash multiple times if I try to go to the Tower. Fix your fucking game, Bungie.
I feel like this is being singled out as just an issue on the Pro but I have a 1TB base PS4 and have had CE-34878-0 errors non stop / back-to-back.

It's only escalated since launch so it makes me wonder if it's a fundemental cache issue. It's getting to Bethesda levels of pathetic at this point.

Riddler

Been getting the crashes a lot lately. When I goto the tower or logging out. It’s everyday and it’s annoying. I really hope Bungie addresses this.

danowat

Banned
Not sure if it's related, but a lot of people, myself included who had crashes on the beta of destiny 2, are now also encountering crashes on Project Cars 2 on pro.

Been getting the crashes a lot lately. When I goto the tower or logging out. It’s everyday and it’s annoying. I really hope Bungie addresses this.

I'd second the Tower crashes. Been fairly consistent, happen at least once per session. This is on a launch PS4.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
My OG launch pro crashes with Destiny 2 all the time. Usually when I’m logging out of the game.

Yea I’ve had that when I’ve been idle and it logs me out, it’s crashed a few times, I usually just make it back in time to see games log me out.

Gator86

Crashes 5 times today alone trying to get back to the social space. This game is broken. What the fuck are you doing, Bungie?

I finally got my PRO back from Sony today. Had it repaired for an issue not pertaining to these crashes.

Was thinking of picking up D2 again but wanted to see how the updates were working out for people like me who couldn't get past the first mission before?

Ashler

I finally got my PRO back from Sony today. Had it repaired for an issue not pertaining to these crashes.

Was thinking of picking up D2 again but wanted to see how the updates were working out for people like me who couldn't get past the first mission before?
Literally couldn't play the game for more than 2 mins before it crashed. As soon as I installed the FW update I played from the first mission until the end of the campaign with zero crashes.

This is not an exaggeration, not a single crash from start to finish in 2 days.

Mezoly

I couldn't get past the first mission either because it was crashing every 2-3 mins. Since FW 4.74, I didn't get a single crash and I have played for around 35 hours finished campaign, did all strikes multiple times, have done about 65 public events, and countless pvp activities.

I couldn't get past the first mission either because it was crashing every 2-3 mins. Since FW 4.74, I didn't get a single crash and I have played for around 35 hours finished campaign, did all strikes multiple times, have done about 65 public events, and countless pvp activities.

Literally couldn't play the game for more than 2 mins before it crashed. As soon as I installed the FW update I played from the first mission until the end of the campaign with zero crashes.

This is not an exaggeration, not a single crash from start to finish in 2 days.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

ZOONAMI

Are any of these crashes people are reporting actually just caused by your network? I have not had a single crash.

Gator86

Still crashing like crazy for me. Can't travel back to the Tower. It's basically a guaranteed crash which is slightly annoying given how frequently you have to go there for busywork.

4 times in a row now. Can't get back there again. D2 is up there with the most broken games I've played this generation. I've sent more crash reports with this game than the cumulative number of times for all other titles.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
This game crashes at least 50% of the time when loading into a social space. And that's on both the Pro and a launch PS4.

Ocirus

Used to crash all the time on my Pro. It was unplayable. I just played on a backup base PS4. After the firmware update I've been crash-free. Raided, Trials, anything. No issue.

Iorv3th

Still crashing like crazy for me. Can't travel back to the Tower. It's basically a guaranteed crash which is slightly annoying given how frequently you have to go there for busywork.

4 times in a row now. Can't get back there again. D2 is up there with the most broken games I've played this generation. I've sent more crash reports with this game than the cumulative number of times for all other titles.

Maybe it's your PS4?

Well originally I couldn't even make it past the first mission in the Tower.

Started playing last night and it's been perfectly fine. Not sure if it's because of the firmware update, or the fact that Sony sent me back a different Pro then I sent it, but so far I've not had a single crash. Just made it to the third planet and it's been really smooth compared to the Beta and at Launch.

Returners

I just got my PS4 Pro back from Sony. On the repair summary they said they replaced my motherboard... so I think there might be some hardware problems there as well.

Will report back if I do crash.

Mezoly

I did the raid for the first time last weekend and it has crashed for me 5 times in total (it took us 10 hours to clear). But multiple people crashed for them as well and it only happened in the big area so it was never in a bad time. The raid in general is very glitchy and buggy so I'm not worried about it.

Top Bottom