• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Fireteam Chat - "We've Confirmed 4K For PS4 Pro. No Promises on XBO X Yet"

Kayant

To provide more context -

IGN said:
Q: What were some of the challenges you found getting all the consoles to 4K?

Bungie Devs said:
*Both look at each other*

Dev1: Well are you a graphics engineer?
Dev2: Well am not graphics engineer none a programmer.

Dev1: Am not a graphics engineer either. Well...Hmmm it's not the best question for us.
Dev2: All my stuff just worked *laughs*
Then we have title quote.

Edit -

Looks like standard PR deflective with co-marketing deals.

I wonder if they downsample from all higher resolutions or only from 4k.
I would assume since it's system level they would take anything higher than 1080p and downscale to the display.(Not an expert but would assume the scaler would handle all of this)
Nah talking about PS4 Pro. It's starting to become concerning to me, because some games are not downsampling for no apparent reason
Ha who knows with that one! But I hope for your enjoyment 😉.

I'm sure developers make these kind of comments, so they can have a good laugh at some people's reactions on the net lol

We all know it will be 4k on X if it's 4k on Pro, they are just not talking about the Scorpio version yet, that's all.

This is no win, its absolutely disgusting. Bungie should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

LOL. That's pretty harsh considering nothing has even happened and they won't even talk about Xbox (even if it's the same) until just after launch like most marketed partnership games.

LOL. That's pretty harsh considering nothing has even happened and they won't even talk about Xbox (even if it's the same) until just after launch like most marketed partnership games.

I dont care what partnership they have. Im not asking them to make fucking commercials using the Xbox One X logo, im asking them to give accurate information on the product i and many other people will be buying. Its called customer support.

I ended up buying BF1 on ps4 and it was the same god damn story then since xbox had the BF1 marketing deal. Its not an ethical practice to keep customers in the dark about information customers want to know about your product. We are buying these games and we have the right to know what to expect from it. Do you ever go buy a product in a store and have the teller tell you that they cant talk about it cause they have a deal with someone? Its unacceptable in retail so why the fuck is this acceptable in the games industry?

Its an absolutely disgusting practice and everyone that does it should be embarrassed. No exceptions.

Apt101

I think it's a given, but that guy is an experienced manager; never promise a damn thing until it's a definite.

Theorry

Destiny was the same across PS4 and XB1.
Destiny 2 will be the same across Pro and XB1X.

Anybody expecting something better on XB1X is fooling himself.

Only mods can change thread titles... what you can change is the post subject but it won't reflect on thread title.

Dont see why it not can be different. Xbox One would have been 900p if it wasnt for the last call kinect freed up resource.

yuraya

The X comes out after Destiny 2 so they don't really have to patch it or anything like that. Just like plenty of past games never got Pro patches etc.

They probably will tho. It would be some drama if they don't.

Kayant

I dont care what partnership they have. Im not asking them to make fucking commercials using the Xbox One X logo, im asking them to give accurate information on the product i and many other people will be buying. Its called customer support.

I ended up buying BF1 on ps4 and it was the same god damn story then since xbox had the BF1 marketing deal. Its not an ethical practice to keep customers in the dark about information customers want to know about your product. We are buying these games and we have the right to know what to expect from it. Do you ever go buy a product in a store and have the teller tell you that they cant talk about it cause they have a deal with someone? Its unacceptable in retail so why the fuck is this acceptable in the games industry?

Its an absolutely disgusting practice and everyone that does it should be embarrassed. No exceptions.
I agree with all of this but you're missing a key context in this instance that the devs asked here are not the best people to ask for up to date info on things like this outside of official PR which is what they just reiterated.

I agree with all of this but you're missing a key context in this instance that the devs asked here are not the best people to ask for up to date info on things like this outside of official PR which is what they just reiterated.

Dude, no offence but thats bullshit. They knew MS was going to announce a new more powerful console at E3 and they also knew they were going to be asked about it. This is Bungie trying to play us for idiots plain and simple.

MrBenchmark

Dude, no offence but thats bullshit. They knew MS was going to announce a new more powerful console at E3 and they also knew they were going to be asked about it. This is Bungie trying to play us for idiots plain and simple.
Exactly AND what everyone here is calling Dev 2 is fucking Deej the Destiny community manager PR guy he's playing games and as a person who has played tons of destiny and bought it across and played on 4 platforms this kind of shit is starting to piss me off.

Is it just me or is this partnership Sony has with Destiny unprecedented? Destiny 1 they kept content locked out of the xb1 for over a year. Now this. The moneyhat must be strong.
Maybe the sf5 deal is crazier actually now that I think about it.

Banned
When the co-marketing deal is so strong they can't even confirm that the more powerful box will run 4k but the weaker box can.

black070

Going to repost this:

That's not whats happening - devs simply aren't allowed to talk about them outside of offhand remarks. It was the same for the Pro with games Microsoft had marketing deals with last year such as Battlefield 1 and FIFA 17. Hell, to this day people aren't aware the latter runs at native 4K on the Pro.

MrBenchmark

Is it just me or is this partnership Sony has with Destiny unprecedented? Destiny 1 they kept content locked out of the xb1 for over a year. Now this. The moneyhat must be strong.
Taken king exclusives are still locked out and we've been told will not see them till Destiny 2 releases! What's the point then. I mean I play on both systems so I have them but this stuff is total crap and is not good for gaming. It's just fuel for fanboy bullshit.

Mr Moose

What are you talking about?

And this is nothing new. Happens on both sides all the time. Such outrage!

Kayant

Exactly AND what everyone here is calling Dev 2 is fucking Deej the Destiny community manager PR guy he's playing games and as a person who has played tons of destiny and bought it across and played on 4 platforms this kind of shit is starting to piss me off.

Well that puts my thoughts in new light then. Yes then it's just a PR deflective for now in that case. I don't know someone on there was a PR person.

Also it's not impossible for them genuinely not to be up to date on things like performance if it's not there area of work.

MrBenchmark

Well that puts my thoughts in new light then. Yes then it's just a PR deflective for now in that case. I don't know someone on there was a PR person.

Also it's not impossible for them genuinely not to be up to date on things like performance if it's not there area of work.
Phil was just at Bungie recently too. And plays Destiny regularly. This PR shit with this game is just infuriating. Deej thinks he's sly and funny. They speak of this great game to build community but this kind of stuff does the opposite and is toxic.

arhra

It should but does it?

They stated back at the DF reveal that all quality/resolution/framerate options would be available to all users, regardless of what TV they have connected, and that downsampling was handled at the system level with no dev input required.

Those requirements/features guarantee by default that any higher-than-1080p modes will be downsampled for 1080p output, regardless of what resolution they're actually rendering at.

Phil was just at Bungie recently too. And plays Destiny regularly. This PR shit with this game is just infuriating. Deej thinks he's sly and funny. They speak of this great game to build community but this kind of stuff does the opposite and is toxic.

And the worst part, 2 seconds later they ask about the PC version and suddenly they have all the answers. Its clear as day whats happening there.

NHale

Apparently the moneyhat is so strong that Sony even paid Bungie to make Destiny 1 exactly the same on the PS4 and XB1, despite PS4 being more powerful. The only thing strongest than Sony's moneyhats is the complete lack of common sense being displayed on the last couple of days on this message board.

i know there is 0 chance, but can you imagine the balls of Sony to demand X to be capped at 1080p. The meltdowns alone would entertain me for months

MrBenchmark

Apparently the moneyhat is so strong that Sony even paid Bungie to make Destiny 1 exactly the same on the PS4 and XB1, despite PS4 being more powerful. The only thing strongest than Sony's moneyhats is the complete lack of common sense being displayed on the last couple of days on this message board.
Destiny was 900p on the one and MS sent people to Bungie to bump it up to 1080p . The beta was 1080p PS4 and 900p on Xbox one they also had to deal with last gen too and trust me it ran like shit on PS3 ok on the 360 loading was so bad on PS3 in menus. Both looked like butter smeared on screen. No last gen this time.

Ricker

This is so out of context that it makes no sense...its like saying hey it will work on a 1070 but we are not sure if we will be able on a 1080Ti....lol,c'mon.(not saying this is the difference between Pro and 1X,just an example).

The same thing happened to ps4pro when battlefield had a Ms deal.. they can't talk about it. Of course it'll get supported tho. Just like battlefield got an update

Top Bottom