• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've pretty much figured out that Warlocks are Jubilee from the X-men. Always getting captured, always having to be rescued...
Dax...
ohhhh-o.gif

Game over

Did the ghost edition for ps4 sellout that quickly at gamestop and amazon or have they just not released it for purchase yet?

It sold out on Amazon the day of announcement. (came up maybe twice for pre-order since then for a few minutes each time) Gamestop put it up for pre-order the next business day and was pretty much all sold that day.

the thirst is real.

Destiny: Ghost Edition is up on US Best Buy!!

PS4

Xbone

PS3

This is it! if you want one and don't have it.. get on it RIGHT THIS SECOND.

Hmm, looks like Amazon now offer the Digital Guardian edition as an option. I was planning on preordering on PSN, but if I go with Amazon I can get 3% cash back when using my Amazon Visa card. Does anyone know getting it from Amazon would allow me to preload the game?

Coming from being a former 360 player, it amazes me how upset Bungie fans are getting over the Xbox being "betrayed". I literally can't wrap my head around it.

Or anything else for that matter.

Messiek

Taking away the fact that I'm playing a warlock first, I'll definetly play the other two classes since the game is amazing and I want the most of it : )

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm going to get anxious and decide if it's worth it for $120. Then it'll get sold out thus the universe will decide for me.

For me it came out to around $130.50 after taxes and such. I would suggest pre ordering it now and if you decide against it you can always cancel.

NOOOO IM BOATING

shhh no boating, only ghost now.

Valkyra

Banned
So to piggy-back off of a discussion from the Alpha Withdrawal thread, it looks like there will not be any vehicle boarding. The reason given was that they thought it was overkill considering how much harder players were to hit due to their mobility and how many more tools they had to take out the vehicles. Given that angle, I agree. You can either be a deadly force in a vehicle in Destiny, or get taken out really quickly, especially if you stay idle for a while.

Also, Lars shot down gravity effects on the different planets. The in-universe explanation is that The Traveler created a light atmosphere and gravity on the planets, which really only means they wanted to keep player physics consistent.

I preferred Rusted Lands to First Light in the Alpha, but First Light was still a very fun map (especially when you were in a vehicle), so I'm looking forward to playing on it again!

I think that's it for the Beta maps. I'm curious now though, I think they'll announce Twilight Gap next. Exodus Blue seems like it's going to remain a mystery until closer to launch.

I was never really a fan of Halo's "floaty" jumps, it seemed to put you at a disadvantage more than a advantage. The extra air movement mechanics makes the constancy work added with giving the player some self control in the air works for me.

matthieuC

Also, Lars shot down gravity effects on the different planets. The in-universe explanation is that The Traveler created a light atmosphere and gravity on the planets, which really only means they wanted to keep player physics consistent.
That's actually very good to here. It'd really suck if every time your on a different planet your jumping would be different.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I loved the X-Men animated series as a kid, but in retrospect, it's pretty bad.

On a semi-Destiny note, I could totally imagine Peter Dinklage voice acting for Beast.

Now I'm biding my time by trying to decide between shipping vs store pickup.

I'm having my Ghost edition shipped. I wont have it at midnight, but I'll be avoiding kids bossing around their moms at midnight launch and wont have to worry about my ediiton being unavailable. As long as Amazon upholds their shipping times!

I might give it a digital download to play it at midnight (yay disposable income), but that's usually when the servers are overloaded, so it probably isn't going to be as exciting.

If the store is close do pickup.

grab some breakfast on release day and grab that shit.

I hate shipping, my CE always get banged up.

Amazon is usually good about their packaging. The box Wal-Mart shipped my PS4 in though was horrendous. Thing looked like it had seen 'nam, and the tape was coming off.

Preordered the XBone version on Amazon just to get another beta code but it's been hours and I still haven't received the email. How long does it usually take?

Kaiken

Banned
Switched my pre-order to the LE. Now I'll have 9 beta codes to distribute haha. Everyone and their mama should have no reason to play the beta.

Dax tries to throw the Warlocks a bone by suggesting they're a better member of the X-Men, Warlocks insist on correcting her in the assertion that they're the lesser member.

/shrug that's Warlocks for ya!

Jubilee is actually insanely powerful in a lot of the comic books --"able to detonate matter at the sub-atomic level". But I wouldn't expect a Hunter to know that, they're busy reading Archie comics.

MUHAHAHAHA.

Dax tries to throw the Warlocks a bone by suggesting they're a better member of the X-Men, Warlocks insist on correcting her in the assertion that they're the lesser member.

/shrug that's Warlocks for ya!

Warlocks aint got no time fo' comics son! We're busy having secret parties up in the Traveler. It's not dormant or dead... it just doesn't like the weaklings. ;P

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If the store is close do pickup.

grab some breakfast on release day and grab that shit.

I hate shipping, my CE always get banged up.

The possibility of it being banged up made me do store pickup.

b9T0mgk.jpg

nTQ4OwZ.gif

Kicking myself for using my 10% off movers coupon on a $15 Vita grip last week

Warlocks aren't jubilee. Warlocks are motherfucking doctor strange. Hunters are like green arrow or huntress. And titans are the big dumb brute that goes, and I quote, "uh durrrrr".

Y'all want to make this personal let's make this texas style free for all.

Hunter is Black Widow, right? Dishes out arc damage with her bracelets and discs.

Expert Acrobat: She is an Olympic class athlete, gymnast, acrobat and aerialist capable of numerous complex maneuvers and feats.
Triple Jump.

Expert Marksman: Natasha is an extremely accurate marksman skilled in sharpshooting and knife throwing.
Knives.

Widow's Bite - A high frequency electrostatic charge that also act as percussive energy blasts, that it effects can be felt for at least a month. It can deliver charges up to 30,000 volts. The "Bite" can be set to deliver minor shocks that causes stunning or high voltage currents that can be lethal.
Arc damage.

scarjo2.gif

Kaswa101

What's up with all the hate for different classes lol? Personally I've only used Warlock so far but they all seem pretty decent. Gonna give Hunter a shot in the beta first.

Warlocks aren't jubilee. Warlocks are motherfucking doctor strange. Hunters are like green arrow or huntress. And titans are the big dumb brute that goes, and I quote, "uh durrrrr".

Y'all want to make this personal let's make this texas style free for all.

I knew you were cool.

What's up with all the hate for different classes lol? Personally I've only used Warlock so far but they all seem pretty decent. Gonna give Hunter a shot in the beta first.

If anyone's taking any of this seriously, they're doing it wrong.

I'm kinda getting tired of it too, actually. I'm going to main Hunter, but I think all the classes are cool and will still play with the other two. If you removed all the class warfare posts, this thread would only be half the size it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom