• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Might as well cluster and streamline the entire economy by having less currencies if you're gonna have currency exchanges anyway. For instance: What's the point of crucible and vanguard marks if you can just trade one for the other? It's better to have just have one type of mark then. Makes the whole economy system less convuluted for new players too.

Luke said they didn't want to invalidate progress and time again. So getting rid of currencies would be a shitstorm and do that again.

An exchange is a better idea.

Even if I have 600 shards with nothing to do with, I don't want to go to my vault when House of Wolves launches and they all be gone. I earned them through gameplay and time, trading them is the best solution.

Bring on some gambling like the original game was supposed to have too!

lupin23rd

Also a vendor to reroll vendor legendary weapons and armour would be fantastic as well.

I'd really like to see:

- Factions selling all weapon types available, so I can go and buy The Cure instead of only finding it in a nightfall (3 times lol)
- If not a complete reroll, being able to pick or switch or whatever the element on a legendary weapon. Seemed odd I couldn't buy a void sniper (not could I find one) and finally ended up getting the VoG version a few weeks ago.
- A few more types of bounties, maybe something simple like killing x enemies with a weapon type, just to switch it up.

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

This that shit I like. Everything here sounds great.

Jinjo

Luke said they didn't want to invalidate progress and time again. So getting rid of currencies would be a shitstorm and do that again.

An exchange is a better idea.

Even if I have 600 shards with nothing to do with, I don't want to go to my vault when House of Wolves launches and they all be gone.

True, it's a difficult spot they're in. But I definitely think less currencies are needed. Maybe an automatic conversion or timely announcement of the currency changes goes a long way. You could even have a temporary exchange system in place to trade for the newer streamlined currencies. So maybe a currency exchange system is like an interim step to less and more universal/streamlined currencies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy shit! Get hyped!

Hawkian time to edit your sinoid graph again lol.
lol hoo boy
No it won't.
duVztY5.png

my gift and my curse, I can't not think about when the next nadir will be ;_;

great news though. I really want to say thanks to all for treating Luke with general respect last night and today. I'd love it if the Bungie GAF members could be a more regular fixture here.

lol hoo boy

duVztY5.png

great news though. I really want to say thanks to all for treating Luke with general respect last night and today. I'd love it if the Bungie GAF members could be a more regular fixture here.

Agreed

grief

Anyone want to do the weekly and/or nightfall?
PSN: xGrief

Also I wanted to give a big thanks to this community, you guys really helped me get back into this game and now that I'm 30, I can finally start doing regular stuff with you guys.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That crota kill, Noomi is the master swordbarer , think that strat we used might end up being patched.

Yeah, was so easy. I thought it would take us a few times to try and practice but I think we finished in about 5 minutes total.

lol hoo boy

duVztY5.png

Here here!
*clinks glasses*

Bogeypop

great news though. I really want to say thanks to all for treating Luke with general respect last night and today.
I'd love it if the Bungie GAF members could be a more regular fixture here.

Get him in the next Mythocast somehow. Make it so, Hawkian.

Datto

Neo Member
No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

Why isn't shit like this in the weekly update? Why? Clearly this is all good news, yet weekly updates are typically filled with stuff no one cares about. I get that the BWU still want to have "personality" to them, but no one cares about that right now. They want to know "what are you doing about this game" because this game is far from perfect.

If every weekly update started with something like this, the community would be significantly more happy.

Anyone doing hm crota?

Psn v1br4t1ons l32 have ghorn and swordbearer.

I also have HM Crota CP on all my characters, Hunter and Titan are lv 32 and the Warlock is 31.

I'd be in! PSN: FirewalkR

Anyone doing HM Crota or HM Templar?

Anyone needs a lock 32 with ghorn for crota cp, know the middle strat. psn same as gaf id

Us 5 and then one more? I can test out that middle strategy with sword bearer (don't fire on enemies and just focus on Crota)

GhaleonEB

No it won't.

Mistakes like:

This is great to hear. I got my first piece of raid gear (boots) on my first CE run, and the need to keep running it just to upgrade is frustrating; I have to grind the raid to make them useful. I hope the next tier alleviates this, which it does sound like.

Your post had more information than the last few BWU's. Take notes Deej! :p

Jinjo

Why isn't shit like this in the weekly update? Why? Clearly this is all good news, yet weekly updates are typically filled with stuff no one cares about. I get that the BWU still want to have "personality" to them, but no one cares about that right now. They want to know "what are you doing about this game" because this game is far from perfect.

If every weekly update started with something like this, the community would be significantly more happy.

All of Bungie's resources are focused at adding more doors in Destiny right now.

noomi

Noomi, NuSzKa, Icon-VII, TigerHeli, Messiek, and Macello.

qwcxxGu.jpg

Sh7ZuA0.jpg

That crota kill, Noomi is the master swordbarer , think that strat we used might end up being patched.

Yeah, was so easy. I thought it would take us a few times to try and practice but I think we finished in about 5 minutes total.

:D

Yeah that was pretty good lol, still can't believe how easy it is now with a proper strat and epic team. <3 you guys.

Btw.... Did Macello get the Hawkmoon :|

Top Bottom