• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the ever loving fuck.

The Sleeper Stimulant shit was what, 2 weeks ago? And that still hasn't come up again? What the fuck Bungie.

Is it really going to be the 7th day of every month?

At least once you start it there is no time limit to finish it.

Once you unlock the first part thats it

I wonder if there is a way for players turning in the ghost today could join up on the first part of the quest with someone who has it to complete it today, like you could do with the sleeper cell.

sajj316

Yo hold up. If you do the paradox shit today, can you not continue the quest today? You have to wait?

That's some BS if true considering everyone is running VOG normal now. Tomorrow will be like pulling teeth to get a VOG run (if it is time-gated a day like S.S. was)

Bungie, can you please stop time-gating this stuff. I'm play Destiny quite a bit but there are days when I'll miss it because you know .. "life"

stb

This is kind of awful. Increasing the base value of the gear is good, but simply upping the odds of a legendary is baffling to me. The Nightfall should be a guaranteed legendary item or engram, full stop. Getting 17 strange coins vs. 13 will not make the Nightfall feel any less of a blank for rewards.

I've gotten two Antiquated Runes ever (both from Eris, neither used), so I don't understand removing those - they should be a secondary reward along side the main gear rewards. And there's nothing to fill in the void left by the removal of the XP buff.

I'm absolutely baffled.

*shrug emote* #liveteam

Kyne

That's some BS if true considering everyone is running VOG normal now. Tomorrow will be like pulling teeth to get a VOG run (if it is time-gated a day like S.S. was)

uhhh with that logic won't tmrw be filled with people who are doing the quest for the first time today?

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

spyder_ur

Yeah it's annoying. I was a step behind on the Simulant quest and still haven't gotten it done because my regular group is already done.

Is it really going to be the 7th day of every month?

At least once you start it there is no time limit to finish it.

Once you unlock the first part thats it

The Firewall quest went away after the 7th or whatever. Even if you did the first part, you can't redo it(To prevent helping other people.)

That's some BS is true considering everyone is running VOG normal now. Tomorrow will be like pulling teeth to get a VOG run (if it is time-gated a day like S.S. was)

It better be a day. Holy shit this is such stupid design.

Nightfall hate is weird

Like it now serves a purpose of steady progression with high LL legendaries AND gives ghosts which has been a huge stopgap for my LL average

The exotic drop loot pool is already pretty small and most people are using three of coins anyways

I dont get the beef

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How about transferring the quest to other characters?
I main a hunter but I think I completed that daily with my Titan.

If I get the quest on my Titan can I somehow get the quest on my Hunter as well?

Kyne

Nightfall hate is weird

Like it now serves a purpose of steady progression with high LL legendaries AND gives ghosts which has been a huge stopgap for my LL average

The exotic drop loot pool is already pretty small and most people are using three of coins anyways

I dont get the beef

me either.

the chance at having something drop at 300+ (especially the ghost) at a place other than the raid is pretty cool.

noomi

How about transferring the quest to other characters?
I main a hunter but I think I completed that daily with my Titan.

If I get the quest on my Titan can I somehow get the quest on my Hunter as well?

Nope, you need to do the quest on the character that has it.

sajj316

uhhh with that logic won't tmrw be filled with people who are doing the quest for the first time today?

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yes, Yes, Yes. I know. Still, I want to be in the hotness today. Heck, I won't be able to play till the weekend and I'm SOL.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Nope, you need to do the quest on the character that has it.

Just loaded up my Titan and she does have the quest.

How about this? Can I do the daily with my Hunter and get the ghosts and then start the quest with him?
Or is there a delay between turning in the ghost and getting this quest?

How about this? Can I do the daily with my Hunter and get the ghosts and then start the quest with him?

There's a delay. Whether Lakshmi will offer the quest certain days of the month or you have to wait until reset remains to be seen.

noomi

You can do the daily with your hunter, do the secret ghost stuff but the new FWC quest will not be available immediately. We don't know if it will pop for you tomorrow, or whenever Bungie decides.

How do you get the quest from FWC?

Need to have found Preadyths ghosts from the Paradox daily mission last time it was available

Acidote

Ok, so who's willing to do the daily and show me where the ghosts are? I seem to be missing something. Because I turned in the Praedyth's door ghost or whatever it is called.

Nightfall hate is weird

I dont get the beef

Weekly Heroic gives a guaranteed Legendary. Nightfall doesn't (60% chance).

Nightfall still gives below 290 and 290-300 items. Which are not progression. (You can get up to 310, but it's not a guarantee & not likely.)

Strange Coins & Three of Coins don't feel exciting as reward. "Oh boy, a chance to get loot later."

Exotic drop chance unchanged, which as I see it would be a reason to do the nightfall specifically since 3ofC lets me get exotics from anywhere else in the game.

Two smart changes:
  • Move quest rewards off of boss death to the rewards screen. People were seeing literally nothing in the post-game screen because they already got all the rewards off the boss. This right here will dramatically change normal player's perception of the Nightfall.
  • Adding ghosts to the loot table. (Why weren't they there before? Crikey.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom