• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

Just had probably the weirdest glitch I've had so far.
Titan completed the crucible NF.....and got an alpha lupi, for the HUNTER.
LOLOL

Haybro

Man, I suck at SRL. I would say 9 times out of 10 on that last jump on Mars my sparrow lands it short and pops straight up while everyone blows past.

ethomaz

Banned
Just had probably the weirdest glitch I've had so far.
Titan completed the crucible NF.....and got an alpha lupi, for the HUNTER.
LOLOL
It is not a glitch lol you receive gears from others class in NF.
To be fair that makes to create a new class a hell of easy because you already have the gears for it.

Doing the daily heroic. Anyone wanna join? PSid: Neonightmare
Is it glitched? Because I finished it and I didn't get the rewards.

WYL is recking with thorn again..

Yup. It's coming back and is still viable in Trials.

It's 3 shots in regular crucible and 4 shots in IB/Trials. How sad is that? From PRs back to the Thorn.

Edit: Also, if Thorn really does start appearing in Trials this weekend....woof...just woof

LTWood12

Bottom line, as always- the game lives and dies by the people who play it with you.

It dies when Lt. Dan misses Knight #3 in round four because he's caught w/ his pants down having to reload his sniper, and getting lit up by an eye decides to bail to the middle. I'm sorry senpai.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, this is why I ran Grave's character on one of our reset raids this week. My Titan is 319, others are 317-318. My best ghost is 319 and best chest is 318 but otherwise I could hit 320... which means nothing. Each week I assume CM loot is the only progress each character will make and that's always come true.

But getting a character from 140 to 313 light in 2 days feels a lot better. The TTK mid-game progression is excellent and the 290-300 hump can be hugely benefited by helpful friends. Grave's Titan is 300 and just needs to find a HM KF group, after only a handful of hours played. If I can get one last red bull code the Warlock won't be far behind.

Bottom line, as always- the game lives and dies by the people who play it with you.
If you need a body to run anything for Grave, count on me. I'd be glad to lend a hand to make sure his characters are up to his obsessive standards when he returns :)

Also, does anyone still need Oryx CM? I have checkpoint but haven't been able to get a group for it again.

the_id

Good morning dudes, who's up for trying to get to Mercury this morning? The main word here is TRY.

I'd like to join. PSN the_id. I'm just going to warm up in the crucible for now.

Namikaze1

WYL is recking with thorn again..

Yup. It's coming back and is still viable in Trials.

It's 3 shots in regular crucible and 4 shots in IB/Trials. How sad is that? From PRs back to the Thorn.

Edit: Also, if Thorn really does start appearing in Trials this weekend....woof...just woof

Since I came back I've used nothing but Thorn and TLW.

WE BACK BOYS. Yiss
TUTwUcI.gif

SonComet

Since they nerfed hawkmoon, thorn is all that I'll use in the crucible now. Your move bungie. Nerf your weapons even more to suck the last bit of fun out ;).

I would kind of love it if the OG thorn, hawkmoon, and Suros came back. Make an exotic pulse as well that has messenger/hopscotch damage and stability. Bring back the mythoclast after it was fixed following the first massive nerf, but with the larger 56 magazine to make it a PVE beast (gotta use send it for the crucible after all). I just want all the fun guns back. Everything feels so vanilla and boring now.

Lee

First Oryx challenge mode last night, great group from LFG.net, sounded like a bunch of southern friends with one or two other randoms, full raid, 320 handcannon and 319 harrowed helmet. Puts me at 219.5. Felt good, shut down my Xbox.

Decided to push my luck, try on my second character. Rebooted. Found new group at Oryx, I'm running relic, first two runs were so smooth, detonated 16 bombs, but Oryx had like 1 bomb of health left? Everyone says they got all four. Oh well. Destiny, right?

Try again, try to convince group to just stack 20 bombs for safety, nope, detonate 16 bombs, Oryx has a few bombs worth of health left this time. A few more shitty attempts, someone decides that they should be runner, despite very few mistakes on my part and none that caused a wipe. Oh well, called it a night after two more wipes.

Maybe my wife will need to do some last minute shopping and I can give it another go. How many of you guys are at 320 at this point?

I think it may have been slayerage, or maybe wyl, on twitch a couple of weeks ago and they were using thorn to go flawless for funsies...it looked pretty reliable even then, pre patch.

How much year 1 stuff have you all kept? I have like 50 something guns and 40 something armours...all the guns are unique and either from sets, or hand cannons.

I still have all my year 1 exotics, purely because they're levelled up and I don't want to lose that in case I want one for some reason.

I guess if I had to I would shard all my exotic armours and all weapons except TLW, Thorn, and ghorn...maybe icebreaker too.

Dismantled my thorn with taken king, and not looking back.

Started using TLW again...I find it kinda hilarious that pre TTK, I always hipfired it, never aimed with sights, and post nerf, which was supposed to discourage ADS use, the only way I'm successful with it is by aiming down sights half the time.

Doesn't Thorns DoT stack now?

Edit, yep x5

Reduce base damage of Thorn’s Mark of the Devourer DoT (Damage over Time) to roughly 1/3 of what it was in PVP and PVE
Allow DoT to stack up to 5x across multiple landed projectiles
This is a net buff for Thorn’s DoT, but reduces the lethality of the weapon in PVP

I really don't know what was so bad about the Pulse meta

I understand why people didn't like it. Nothing else was competitive, but you could say that about any meta.

I believe they were so close to perfection at the end of HoW. TLW/Thorn/Hawkmoon and certain shotgun types needed to be fixed. A buff to ARs then and it would be much better than what we have now.

Bungie doesn't want people to use the same gun. I think they are trying to push people to mix it up each map because of how important range is. In an effort to make everything viable they have made everything boring and stale.

Been looking at the new Iron Banner shotty and comparing it to Felwinter's Lie, Party Crasher, & CS-D. They all seem pretty close.

http://db.destinytracker.com/compare/1272989272,1730663491,160095218,1287343925,486279087
What the fuck. Why won't Bungie get rid of this bullshit archetype for shotguns? Nothing gets me more fuming than annoying ass warrior shotgunners.
I really don't know what was so bad about the Pulse meta
Nothing man. If they made other guns viable no one would complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom