• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Going to run 4 SIVA offerings in the Forge, join PSN diggmow. 1 blue, 1 green, 2 purple. I'll start once a second person shows up

Edit:
destiny_2016092216093blrjm.png

Pretty much sums up this game mode I think

shermas

I just opened my Iron Lord arm piece and I can't find them anywhere. I'm not full, not at the postmaster... Nowhere.

I opened my Rank 4 legs first, then tried to open the 2. I wonder if that could have messed it up? Anywhere I can get another set (even at LL3 or something)?

I just opened my Iron Lord arm piece and I can't find them anywhere. I'm not full, not at the postmaster... Nowhere.

I opened my Rank 4 legs first, then tried to open the 2. I wonder if that could have messed it up? Anywhere I can get another set (even at LL3 or something)?

Do you mean you collected the box from the book? Or you held down the button on the box and the three sets of armour disappears?

Going to run 4 SIVA offerings in the Forge, join PSN diggmow. 1 blue, 1 green, 2 purple. I'll start once a second person shows up

Edit:
destiny_2016092216093blrjm.png

Pretty much sums up this game mode I think

I know it doesn't help, because I got lucky, but I went with a fireteam of three and we found three already there. Once people are present, it's a real blast, just like CoO....but getting people there is hard :(

Ok a double post and an edit, sorry.

I also wonder if it's because the space is reachable by a fireteam of 6, once the raid entry point is open?

Second edit, the perfected Dreg version is really funny, you get a giant lanky Dreg following about. It was the only purple we managed to complete as adds stopped speaking early on so we had over 2 minutes to wail on the boss...we had serious DPS going in, supers, hammers and heavy, as well as snipes, and it took over 90 seconds with 7 people firing at him (all admittedly under 360 and a few at 330!!)

A fireteam of 6 at 360 would rip through it.

shermas

Do you mean you collected the box from the book? Or you held down the button on the box and the three sets of armour disappears?

I collected the box from the book, then opened them from my inventory. Got the boots, but the gloves aren't anywhere. I can now 'preview' them, but I can't 'use' them or whatever it says in the book.

I can't find those stupid red things for the Gally quest.

Sigh.....

RoI just seems like a GIANT grind fest more so than the other two expansions. Feel I wasted my money

Don't need siva for ghally quest.
Your searching for the iron Wolf pieces.

Go to patrol
There's 1 in each zone. As you go through an icon will appear when close to it.
1 is in social space.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I found a random player who tried to follow me into the forge from the plaugelands and they disappeared when loading into the forge. It put us in separate instances, mine being empty. (Theirs too I guess)

Holy shit, I went out again, found them and it separated us again! What a joke. Right beside them, get into the forge and it puts me in an empty instance again. This is ridiculous.

Triz

I went to the Forge was all alone. Started it up...didnt realize I had to get inside the forge. Siva seals the room and I am out my Siva key. (not like I could have done it solo.) Feels bad Man.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone know best way to get good Artifact?

Mines stuck @352, I'm LL359

Its holding me back so much

Got to 361. The struggle is real I popped skeleton keys at Sep. three different times just to get a better artifact drop.

2 sniper rifles, a bad ass warlock bond and 2 better artifacts later I am at 361. Suggestions on what to do next?

I got to 344 today. I bought some stuff from the Vanguard, but I haven't been able to infuse it because I used up all of my Marks buying stuff from the Vanguard. I ranked up with FWC a couple of times. My armor drops weren't great, but I had a nice Fusion Rifle drop with Snapshot, Hammer Forged & Rangefinder. I'm pretty good with that. I'm going to keep it, despite not using fusion rifles.

I also got another Ill Will today. This roll was better than the one I got yesterday, which was already pretty good. Rangefinder, Braced Frame/Snapshot & Luck in the Chamber.

Like everyone else, I also got the Hopscotch. It had a really nice roll, but my Aegis beats it in almost everyway, so I infused it.

I also got these guys form a Strike. While they look pretty rad, I really don't care for the Hive aesthetic.

Pretty productive night.

Got to 361. The struggle is real I popped skeleton keys at Sep. three different times just to get a better artifact drop.

Wait what!? is there a particular strike to get artifact drops out of the strike specific chest? Do you mean sepiks perfected?

371 hype bring on the raid.

Wait what!? How!?

All my engrams are decrypting at 1 above character level...so I have to get a drop in every slot to go up one light level and any duplicate drop in a slot is "wasted" as it's no higher than what I have already.

Are other people gtteing items at 3 or more light above character level?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
First login? After you finish the quest?

You first character you log in with at the Postmaster you'll have 5 items
1 of those is a level 3 Iron Gjallarhorn

It will be locked, can't be infused, requires a Year 3 Gjally

Do the quest line, get 350 Regular Gjallarhorn
Then find a blue 350+ engram infuse into Iron Gjally that's LL3

Now you have 2 Gjallys
1 Reg, 1 Iron...

Wait what!? is there a particular strike to get artifact drops out of the strike specific chest? Do you mean sepiks perfected?

Wait what!? How!?

All my engrams are decrypting at 1 above character level...so I have to get a drop in every slot to go up one light level and any duplicate drop in a slot is "wasted" as it's no higher than what I have already.

No its totally random chance at stuff dropping from the chest, I happened to luck out.

What's the fastest way to level up a subclass?

I wanted to do the heroic strikes but I realized I never even leveled up my Blade Dancer AT ALL.

I still have that...rod of light consumable thingy from the Red Bull promotion. Imma pop that tomorrow but I don't know what activities grant the most xp

DocSeuss

1) how do I get skeleton keys?

2) how do I get those SIVA offering keys?

I tried soloing a blue siva thing, got killed 'cause of an unfortunate confluence of events. Bought my way back in, but that apparently takes too long. Why even have a mechanic that:

A) locks you out without a key
B) lets you back in but not in time to get back in
C) doesn't let you pick which one you want to use?

Court of Oryx is the exact same thing, except that people can join at will, they can enter at will, and the timeout exists to encourage the user to return to the fight as quickly as possible, and they can use the coins they want. Oh, and the bosses are more interesting. I have tons of Court of Oryx runes. I have received TWO SIVA offering things in all the time I've played, I've only encountered other people twice, and in one case, none of them seemed to have keys either, because they just hung around and occasionally motioned at other players to use keys. WTF.

What's the fastest way to level up a subclass?

I wanted to do the heroic strikes but I realized I never even leveled up my Blade Dancer AT ALL.

I still have that...rod of light consumable thingy from the Red Bull promotion. Immature pop that tomorrow but I don't know what activities grant the most xp

Motes of light, story quests, and then bounties, in that order.

Wait what!? How!?

The only two times I used Skeleton Keys on the new strike I got artifacts both times.

Just got another Devil's Dawn of the solar variety (last one was void) from Phogoth, thanks old buddy.

364 LL.

1) how do I get skeleton keys?

2) how do I get those SIVA offering keys?

I tried soloing a blue siva thing, got killed 'cause of an unfortunate confluence of events. Bought my way back in, but that apparently takes too long. Why even have a mechanic that:

A) locks you out without a key
B) lets you back in but not in time to get back in
C) doesn't let you pick which one you want to use?

Court of Oryx is the exact same thing, except that people can join at will, they can enter at will, and the timeout exists to encourage the user to return to the fight as quickly as possible, and they can use the coins they want. Oh, and the bosses are more interesting. I have tons of Court of Oryx runes. I have received TWO SIVA offering things in all the time I've played, I've only encountered other people twice, and in one case, none of them seemed to have keys either, because they just hung around and occasionally motioned at other players to use keys. WTF.

Motes of light, story quests, and then bounties, in that order.
You get Skeleton Keys as a random drops from Strikes. I got one just doing the level 320 strikes.

And yes, Court of Oryx is superior in literally every freaking way to Archon whatever

Edit:

Also you can't level up a subclass with motes :(

Wallach

Legendary, Exotic & Crucible drops have been dropping at least 3 light levels higher than my own. My blue engrams haven't gone past 341.

Blue engrams and drops both don't seem to go above ~340 in the 320 Light playlist, however if you just launch Sepiks Perfected at 320 Light from the director, the drops there can be over 340 (I don't know how high they go but I got a 348 Titan mark out of there just now).

I'm going to probably chain run Sepiks Perfected for a bit to try and get over 350, so if anyone wants to join in just hit me up (PSN: WallachGAF). You won't get any Vanguard rep but it seems like it'll be easier to break 350 this way than in the playlist.

NastyBook

RESPECT THE CODE: If you get Gjallar-horned by somebody in their Gjallarwing, it is the law that you must Gjallar-horn them back in your own Gjallarwing. Failure to do so will result in penalties of up to 3000 Glimmer.
zWVbK.gif

Drive safe out there, Guardians.
3AQmK.gif

Dthomp

Just finished the NF with Brinky and Tosh...and I can say what a pain in the ass and to put the cherry on that sunday, I got 20 SCs and they both got shitty Razors Shotguns.

hEist

so, currently stuck with my main at 348 Light.

what is the best to get more "light"?
SIVA Crisis Heroic Strike Farming?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So what's the light level of the raid gonna be?

360 to start supposedly.

And there are people who already max out light. It just means burning a a lot of resources. Better to just get to 360 and get better drops from raid or strikes. I'm still going to keep a bunch of my engrams until hard mode raid and spring update, etc.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Legendary engrams have a chance to turn into artifact. Got my 361 artifact that way.

Main 362
Second 361
Third 361

The last two I didn't do one single thing but infused leftovers from my main from farming strikes, etc.

I'm up tomorrow, later today to do a NF on all and weekly heroic on both alts.

Hanmik

Hey,.,

I guess you have to have gear level 280 to play the Iron DLC.
How do I level up my characters gear fast If I want to play the new DLC?
I think I am level 243 light or something like that.

Top Bottom