• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Did they really hit it that hard? I just finished the quest last night, haven't leveled it or really gotten to play with it yet.

Yep. You could watch a bosses health bar just drain down as the Wolf Pack Rounds sucked they life away. Now, it just looks like you've take off a regular chunk of health when you hit a boss with the Y3 horn.

How do I get blues above 340? All my engrave seem to decrypt to that. Sitting at 348 light and only Legendary seem to give small light boosts.

Jabronium

Yep. You could watch a bosses health bar just drain down as the Wolf Pack Rounds sucked they life away. Now, it just looks like you've take off a regular chunk of health when you hit a boss with the Y3 horn.

Drat. I didn't get my Y1 horn until after HoW dropped so I didn't have much time to enjoy the OP-ness. Well, I'm sure it'll still be useful on solar burns, and I get that they had to do something about it. Guess I'll get started on the Khvostov when I get back home.

Nintendad

Skeleton keys. I heard they won't start dropping until you do the quest to get your first one. Anyone know if that's true and where is this quest? Patrol mission?

I played Destiny when it first hit and kept falling behind my friends. Finally I stopped getting on with them. My nephew has always been into it. So about a month ago we decided to start going at it and get me up to 40. Now I'm up to 40 and woke up at 3:30 this morning to do a couple strikes before work. Light level 334.

TP-DK

Lol so apparently doing a strike from the normal way gives the same loot as herioc. And the new strike is quick to run through.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Skeleton keys. I heard they won't start dropping until you do the quest to get your first one. Anyone know if that's true and where is this quest? Patrol mission?

I played Destiny when it first hit and kept falling behind my friends. Finally I stopped getting on with them. My nephew has always been into it. So about a month ago we decided to start going at it and get me up to 40. Now I'm up to 40 and woke up at 3:30 this morning to do a couple strikes before work. Light level 334.

Shiro after post campaign.

You get the new sword after each campaign. Basically two/four free exotic shards.

Zakalwe

Banned
No takers for CoE... how about NF? I still need it on my Titan.

I'm 350 and have great arc weapons, so it shouldn't be a problem. Add me, psn: astropoff

PuMa

Top of the page Confessions

1) I only started playing the story last night
2) After getting a PB/CB/Full Auto Hopscotch I realized I like it better in pve. Gulp.
3) Supremacy is really fun with friends!
4) DGAF is best GAF.
5) I still miss Drizz. :cry:

Nice roll!

Lol so apparently doing a strike from the normal way gives the same loot as herioc. And the new strike is quick to run through.

This is depressing to read... Spent a huge chunk of yesterday in the new strike playlist, struggling on some, and only able to hit 351. Now I see people are running normal strikes and getting the same loot? wtf?

Good morning DGAF.

sOraDvf.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
Need one more for some CoE runs and potentially a NF after depending on how well we do wtih CoE drops.

Add astropoff or ps_flocki

NVM, looks like we have one!

I'm looking forward to seeing how much ornaments will cost from Xur.

Only ornaments I care about is the Spec Op Mida and the two Hawkmoon ones.

Clunker

How do I get blues above 340? All my engrave seem to decrypt to that. Sitting at 348 light and only Legendary seem to give small light boosts.
Some people have mentioned, but yeah, regular day to day blues will only go to 340 max. If you get them as drops from heroic strikes (and currently the director 320 version of a few, the newer ones), Nightfall and CoE they will go higher. Otherwise, only legendaries and exotics will push past 340.

I also believe LL growth is sort of gated by decades, so if you're 340-350 you won't get a whole lot that goes past 350; but when you get all your gear up to 350, then you break through to the next set.

It sounds (and kind of is) convoluted but I can't really get upset that I'm not at max light less than 72 hours after the expansion went live. I'm not interested in grinding like crazy like that; I'm at 345 currently and still picking my way through.

Re: Archon's Forge - I actually like it a decent amount but I must have incredible luck because the few times I've run through I've stumbled into random 3+ man groups already there. I was running a patrol and just passing through when I decided to jump in - then during the round I got a perfected siva drop and everyone else started dancing like crazy! They went ham on shooting the console for mr to drop it in; then after the round, they all got rad loot and I think I only got a repeat legendary. :(

Few questions
Skeleton keys, any specific strike that its worth using these keys on?

Running strike playlist on normal has the same Light level Loot as on Heroic?

Best way to farm LL is to play Siva crisis strike playlist?

Finished the main story yesterday. Short but sweet. :)
Really like the Peak. <3 dem Wolves <3 Too bad we can't play with them. :/

RoI's gonna be a reaaaally slow burn for me since I'm unbelievably pressed with work. :/

Top Bottom